Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

I want to ask Dove about how she was saved

Started by Anonymous, September 07, 2015, 09:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

If God is an invented mechanism of the human condition, how can He really let you down though?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Well, as a construct of the human mind, he is limited to the capability of the human mind, as prodigious as it is.

He cannot, for example, cure cancer. He cannot raise the dead. He cannot, despite their fairy tales, divide an ocean in two. Now, he may, in due course, cure cancer...but the mind can do that without his involvement.

RW

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Well, as a construct of the human mind, he is limited to the capability of the human mind, as prodigious as it is.

He cannot, for example, cure cancer. He cannot raise the dead. He cannot, despite their fairy tales, divide an ocean in two. Now, he may, in due course, cure cancer...but the mind can do that without his involvement.

But it IS the mind doing these things which is where God exists.  As I said, if it is the human condition anyway, isn't one just putting faith in himself/herself?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

RW

Quote from: "SPECTRE"That, m'dear, is precisely my point.

So what does it matter if one attributes it to God or not?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Its the "or not" that seems to be the sticking point.

The main issue being that if you attribute a redemption, recuperation or moral regeneration to something that does not exist, if you then lose your faith in that entity, your entire life crumbles with it.

RW

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Its the "or not" that seems to be the sticking point.

The main issue being that if you attribute a redemption, recuperation or moral regeneration to something that does not exist, if you then lose your faith in that entity, your entire life crumbles with it.

Ah I see.  But if you do, is that not just another personal choice?  You can lose faith in yourself as well which is essentially what someone would be doing.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"God helped me be a better person as well by exposing me to such rampant hypocrisy that I realised religion was a crock of shit.

Thanks God!

Religion is man made hypocrisy..

Religions have dead people like Mohammed, Buddha, the virgin Mary, and Joseph Smith..

I have a relationship with God through a living Jesus Christ.

Frood

Jesus is a dead dude also. Just saying, Fash.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "Herman"
She's changed, she's a better person. It doesn't matter who she wants to give the credit to.

Actually, it does.

If you rely on a false mechanism of support, sooner or later that mechanism will collapse and leave you high and dry.
 Yes. Which is why I'm STILL, over a year later, not the same person.  Because while YOU think you know all about my life/experiences.....I was there and am the better witness.  This isn't some power of positive thought. If you want to go sound off about the mysteries of the universe according to the gospel of modern day psych....go start your own thread.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"God helped me be a better person as well by exposing me to such rampant hypocrisy that I realised religion was a crock of shit.

Thanks God!

Religions have dead people like Mohammed, Buddha, the virgin Mary, and Joseph Smith..

Religion is spiritual adultery.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "Frank"
Quote from: "SPECTRE""The Road From Perdition".

Thing is....is the act of a woman taking her clothes off in front of men, or even having sex with strangers a path to perdition? Do these 'evil' and 'unwholesome' acts cause the lives of such individuals to sprial out of control?

Or is it the shame that we attach to these womens lifestyles that is the source of their emotional problems rather than the lifestyle they engage in.  If they are shunned by society, then they turn away from it.

So it isn't what they do which is the real problem, but society's overreaction to them?
 If you think my stripping was bad, wait til you read about my two broken marriages, three children from three father's and my heroin addiction lol.  It's gets pretty juicy. But no....I wasn't nearly as "shunned" as you may think.  Besides, more times than not, the biggest "shunners" are the highest paying customers. Boom lol.  By time you make it to a strip club, things have pretty well spiraled downhill.

Remarkable testimony you have Dove.
 People always think salvation is simply saying a "sinners prayer" and committing to some structured religious belief system.  It's so not.  I prayed and prayed so many times in my life and got nothing. Like I was babbling to myself.  Then one day, at like three days into detox, I told God if it was real, I'm ready for it. If not...well...I'll know.  But it wasn't arrogant. It was a plea.  And suddenly I realized what a piece of crap person I truly am, while also having divine love and reassurance poured down over me.  God answered, basically saying "Okay then, chase me".  It wasn't audible. I can't explain it. I've never been the same. So as it turns out, when God said "chase me" it wasn't a request but a command...lol. so I spent the next year in a Christain/Calvinist mission studying scripture.  I haven't struggled staying clean. I haven't struggled with anxiety or depression.  I struggle with the flesh...but that's part of it.  I never really understood scripture before.  Salvation is a rebirth of the spirit, that the Lord does.  Not simply a religion you sign up for. This is the part I think people have a hard time with.

Admirable, but all that occurs within your own mind.

Why do you attribute your revelation to a God?

She's changed, she's a better person. It doesn't matter who she wants to give the credit to.
 Well it does to people who are driven to stay within the bounds of their perceived reality.  The minute anyone has a story that challanges their world view....they bust in like communist liberal Kool aid men and try to beat you back in your place. Lol.  You can get better and find peace and experience God THIER way.  People who think like this are the real reason we don't understand the universe as well as we could.  Also, the idea of being accountable to God inspires fear. So, if what I'm saying is true, the idea of God being real has to be considered.  People don't like that.

RW

Thanks God!

Yes Fash, I know your type.  I have to say that real Christians are some of the nicest people I know.  But I was exposed to Catholicism.  I thank God for showing me that hypocrisy.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

Thanks God!

Yes Fash, I know your type.  I have to say that real Christians are some of the nicest people I know.  But I was exposed to Catholicism.  I thank God for showing me that hypocrisy.
 I'm really glad I wasn't never exposed to catholism in any serious way. We have a handful in our community that call themselves "recovering catholics".   Hardcored, structured religionists, don't have much positive things to say about us "reformed" or calvanist. I had a Catholic tell me I was in a satanic cult if I don't believe in works salvation.