Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

I want to ask Dove about how she was saved

Started by Anonymous, September 07, 2015, 09:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Quote from: "Dove"Here is the part about this that has me shm.  Rw is allowed to say the rag is moist.  But don't say it's wet....because that's wrong of you. I just don't get it. Lol.  I think it's more personal. I'm a passionate person. But passionate about things she doesn't like or agree with....so she had to judge my character over it. No one in my life has ever accused me of looking down my nose at people. Wow. Lol.  And because I stand against the bible being used as a tool for THAT reason.  Any teaching that claims to follow Christ....and then puts levels on sin and requires you to go before a bishop for forgiveness is a heresy.  It is the definition of heresy. This is not my "opinion".  If they were following some other belief system that taught that....it wouldn't be.  Get it?  Heresy is going outside of Scripture. But whatever. I'm just being a snob. Lol.

Heresy is going outside of orthodox religious/church dogma.  Don't you guys state that Christianity is not a "religion" or about "church" but rather a relationship with Jesus whereby you live your life according to his teachings?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Dove"Here is the part about this that has me shm.  Rw is allowed to say the rag is moist.  But don't say it's wet....because that's wrong of you. I just don't get it. Lol.  I think it's more personal. I'm a passionate person. But passionate about things she doesn't like or agree with....so she had to judge my character over it. No one in my life has ever accused me of looking down my nose at people. Wow. Lol.  And because I stand against the bible being used as a tool for THAT reason.

Where did I accuse you of looking down your nose at anyone?  I said that I don't.  I didn't say you do.

Sorry Dove.  Nothing personal but once you boil it down, it's all the same shit to me.  One says the other is wrong and bad.   :s0451:
 People create dangerous cults when they start going outside of Scripture.  We are supposed to be able to discern truth from error.  If a person claims to follow Christ but goes against what Christ teaches...well...you know that person isn't really following Christ.  Otherwise, Hilter is Christian because he claimed to be.  The only ones that don't look down their nose are ones who know scripture, and know it well....and understand.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"Here is the part about this that has me shm.  Rw is allowed to say the rag is moist.  But don't say it's wet....because that's wrong of you. I just don't get it. Lol.  I think it's more personal. I'm a passionate person. But passionate about things she doesn't like or agree with....so she had to judge my character over it. No one in my life has ever accused me of looking down my nose at people. Wow. Lol.  And because I stand against the bible being used as a tool for THAT reason.  Any teaching that claims to follow Christ....and then puts levels on sin and requires you to go before a bishop for forgiveness is a heresy.  It is the definition of heresy. This is not my "opinion".  If they were following some other belief system that taught that....it wouldn't be.  Get it?  Heresy is going outside of Scripture. But whatever. I'm just being a snob. Lol.

Heresy is going outside of orthodox religious/church dogma.  Don't you guys state that Christianity is not a "religion" or about "church" but rather a relationship with Jesus whereby you live your life according to his teachings?
Well His teaching is that born again believers ARE the church. It's not some establishment.  And Christ is the head.  Structured religions twist this.  Going outside the teachings of Christ, teaching false doctrines is heresy.

Frood

"We are supposed to be able to discern truth from error." lol
Blahhhhhh...

RW

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "Dove"Here is the part about this that has me shm.  Rw is allowed to say the rag is moist.  But don't say it's wet....because that's wrong of you. I just don't get it. Lol.  I think it's more personal. I'm a passionate person. But passionate about things she doesn't like or agree with....so she had to judge my character over it. No one in my life has ever accused me of looking down my nose at people. Wow. Lol.  And because I stand against the bible being used as a tool for THAT reason.

Where did I accuse you of looking down your nose at anyone?  I said that I don't.  I didn't say you do.

Sorry Dove.  Nothing personal but once you boil it down, it's all the same shit to me.  One says the other is wrong and bad.   :s0451:
 People create dangerous cults when they start going outside of Scripture.  We are supposed to be able to discern truth from error.  If a person claims to follow Christ but goes against what Christ teaches...well...you know that person isn't really following Christ.  Otherwise, Hilter is Christian because he claimed to be.  The only ones that don't look down their nose are ones who know scripture, and know it well....and understand.

I see it all as being rather cult like if I'm to be honest.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

You could really say the same thing about any belief system. I've met militant atheist who made Jim Jones look sane. I've met secular humanists who literally foam at the mouth if you dare xhallange them.  I'm pretty happy and have plenty of personal freedom where I'm at.

RW

Well His teaching is that born again believers ARE the church. It's not some establishment.  And Christ is the head.  Structured religions twist this.  Going outside the teachings of Christ, teaching false doctrines is heresy.

To be heresy, you pretty much have to go against what religion says.

http://i.word.com/idictionary/heresy">http://i.word.com/idictionary/heresy
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna""We are supposed to be able to discern truth from error." lol
need some attention?

Anonymous

It goes against what the Bible says. This is how Christians define heresy.

RW

Quote from: "Dove"You could really say the same thing about any belief system. I've met militant atheist who made Jim Jones look sane. I've met secular humanists who literally foam at the mouth if you dare xhallange them.  I'm pretty happy and have plenty of personal freedom where I'm at.

I don't think I could say that about any belief system although in addition to religion I'd throw feminism in there.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

It goes against what the Bible says. This is how Christians define heresy.

I like to stick with what the dictionary says as it is the authority on defining words.

That said, Christians belief that anyone who follows any church teachings that don't jive with their own as heretics?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna""We are supposed to be able to discern truth from error." lol
need some attention?

No. It was just a laugh outburst and not an invite.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

No. Again, heresy is going outside of the bible. If a church is teaching a false, unbiblical doctrine...it's heresy.  The bible is the authority. Not a church. See what I'm saying?  It is intended this way to keep people accountable to scripture. So that you don't have people like Jim Jones running all over.  It's to keep the gospel spreading and preserved and not added to.

Anonymous

Honestly I feel if you actually want to understand what I'm saying, you should talk to Fash.  She has a softer approach that I think you'll receive more than my balls to the wall testify way. I seem to stimulate you into debates.  But her and I both follow scripture and use it as our spiritual authority....so I'm sure she'll explain this to you better than I can.

RW

Quote from: "Dove"No. Again, heresy is going outside of the bible. If a church is teaching a false, unbiblical doctrine...it's heresy.  The bible is the authority. Not a church. See what I'm saying?  It is intended this way to keep people accountable to scripture. So that you don't have people like Jim Jones running all over.  It's to keep the gospel spreading and preserved and not added to.

According to the dictionary, it's going against religious dogma and the "church", not "the bible".

I just want to know if you think everyone who isn't a Christian following scripture is a heretic.
Beware of Gaslighters!