Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:28:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

9/11 was fourteen years ago today

Started by Anonymous, September 11, 2015, 11:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It seems like only one or two years ago..

I remember being a new mother at the time..

I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I watched the news..

Where were you and what were you doing when you heard the news?

cc

In bed. My Mom who lived 3 hrs ahead of me, and who too well knew ww2 called "We are at war, even the Pentagon has been hit"

That caught my attention and I ran for the tV
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"In bed. My Mom who lived 3 hrs ahead of me, and who too well knew ww2 called "We are at war, even the Pentagon has been hit"

That caught my attention and I ran for the tV

I forgot to mention that my husband was on his way to an overseas job at the time..

A very worrying day.

cc

Wow. In transit was not a good place to be that day. That must have been personally worrying

If it was to an islamic country, especially so. We and all authorities around the world all knew instantly that it was an act of islam

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Wow. In transit was not a good place to be that day. That must have been personally worrying

If it was to an islamic country, especially so. We all knew instantly that it was islam that did it

When he called me from Germany, I was so, so relieved..

A day I was so glad to see the end of.

cc

cc

Here's a special tale of people helping people when the need was there

Returning for people over and over again, all the time not knowing if more attacks were to come

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18lsxFcDrjo

Anonymous

I was in Asia when I heard about it. I wasn't in the air at the time thank God.

Annie

Hubby and I were getting the kids ready for school before he headed off to work.  We weren't sure if we should take them to school or keep them home.  Son was 9 and daughter was 6. Our son knew what happened and was scared to leave the house. We decided to tell them that no matter what happens, always be brave and don't worry about the future but appreciate the present.  After taking them to school I went home and sat on the couch and cried.  It was a very sad, worrying day  ac_crying
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"Hubby and I were getting the kids ready for school before he headed off to work.  We weren't sure if we should take them to school or keep them home.  Son was 9 and daughter was 6. Our son knew what happened and was scared to leave the house. We decided to tell them that no matter what happens, always be brave and don't worry about the future but appreciate the present.  After taking them to school I went home and sat on the couch and cried.  It was a very sad, worrying day  ac_crying

I can imagine what it would be like trying to reassure young kids. My son was 10 at the time. My ex had to explain that daddy was ok.

Annie

We were expecting world war 3 to happen. It was like every time we checked the news there was another target attacked.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Renee

I was on the Jersey side of the Hudson at my office when someone came in and announced that a plane hit the trade center. The office building we were in faced lower Manhattan and we could see smoke billowing out of the north tower. I was heading out of the parking lot when the second plane hit the south tower. All I could think was get my girls and get as far away from that shit as I could. Everyone else had the same idea because when I got to my daughter's preschool it was a zoo with cars and parents everywhere all with the same panicked and confused look on their faces. No one really said anything we just went about getting our kids and heading home.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"I was on the Jersey side of the Hudson at my office when someone came in and announced that a plane hit the trade center. The office building we were in faced lower Manhattan and we could see smoke billowing out of the north tower. I was heading out of the parking lot when the second plane hit the south tower. All I could think was get my girls and get as far away from that shit as I could. Everyone else had the same idea because when I got to my daughter's preschool it was a zoo with cars and parents everywhere all with the same panicked and confused look on their faces. No one really said anything we just went about getting our kids and heading home.

You had a real personal connection to that day? I don't know anyone personally that was in the area that day.

Renee

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Renee"I was on the Jersey side of the Hudson at my office when someone came in and announced that a plane hit the trade center. The office building we were in faced lower Manhattan and we could see smoke billowing out of the north tower. I was heading out of the parking lot when the second plane hit the south tower. All I could think was get my girls and get as far away from that shit as I could. Everyone else had the same idea because when I got to my daughter's preschool it was a zoo with cars and parents everywhere all with the same panicked and confused look on their faces. No one really said anything we just went about getting our kids and heading home.

You had a real personal connection to that day? I don't know anyone personally that was in the area that day.

A few days later I learned that a friend of mine lost his sister in law that day. Apparently she was on one of the floors that the first plane took out when it hit the north tower. It is said that almost everyone in the NY/NJ area had some kind of personal connection to the events of that day.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Herman"

A few days later I learned that a friend of mine lost his sister in law that day. Apparently she was on one of the floors that the first plane took out when it hit the north tower. It is said that almost everyone in the NY/NJ area had some kind of personal connection to the events of that day.

http://www.sept11thmemorial.com/images/Dont_Steal_Images.jpg">

This is all I can say Renee.