The best topic

Replies: 10392
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:39:50 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Re: Canadians Losing Faith In Their Democracy

Started by Gary Oak, December 04, 2012, 11:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Romero

Most of those are already requirements.

In Canada you don't need to be registered to vote. Most voters are registered, but I guess we can add yet another requirement to the ever-expanding list.

Register long before elections are held? Anything can happen in that time. People can become unemployed, go on welfare... I thought they shouldn't be allowed to vote? No, one would have prove they're employed, own a home, paying taxes and not on drugs every single time they vote. Municipal, provincial, federal, referendums...

What an incredible hassle. I can't believe the three of you of all people would insist on such big government intrusion.

Leopardsocks

I said "register WITHIN 3 months".

ALL of those requirements are easily established. If you haven't recorded income with the tax office, if you've been convicted, registered citizens...Technology makes things a lot easier.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Romero"Most of those are already requirements.

In Canada you don't need to be registered to vote. Most voters are registered, but I guess we can add yet another requirement to the ever-expanding list.

Register long before elections are held? Anything can happen in that time. People can become unemployed, go on welfare... I thought they shouldn't be allowed to vote? No, one would have prove they're employed, own a home, paying taxes and not on drugs every single time they vote. Municipal, provincial, federal, referendums...

What an incredible hassle. I can't believe the three of you of all people would insist on such big government intrusion.

Homy......only a leftie could take something so simple and make it into a cluster fuck.....if you paid property taxes (local tax rolls) or income tax (after all deductions) (federal tax rolls), AND are over a certain age....and  a citizen of canada........then you get to vote.........the information is readily available and easy to provide at the local polling station when it's time to vote..........easy peasy japaneasy

This would insure that the people paying for the running of this country would control where and how their hard earned tax dollars were spent.....i guaranfuckingtee you the size of the federal govt. would shrink by 50-75% immediately.....about where it should be.

EU

Quote from: "Shen Li"
People unemployed for long periods of time, people with violent criminal records, crazies, junkies, welfare recipients no matter how short of time they have been sponging and homeless people for starters. Basically, if you have no skin in the game you should not be allowed any say over how tax money is spent. Voting should not be a right, it should be restricted to those who have earned it.

To review all those cases and make a decision whether they vote or not is going to be done by who? And what is a junkie? A housewife on Ativan? A professor smokin weed...once you're on a methadone treatment then you're allowed to vote? Or maybe have the entire country piss in a plastic cup? And the interviews to establish who is crazy and who is just a bit "off" and who decides which people are crazy and at what level of craziness do you lose your vote...it's fckin asinine...reactionary shite from the usual suspects. And it will shrink government too? :roll:

EU

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjDnzlOfKEUIHlMZ7NrCEEMkrZlK8gsJWFbhN81yKYOZCSupdhEQ">