Replies: 7548
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 03:00:14 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by deport_liberals

The Paradox of Pope Francis’s Power

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, September 24, 2015, 09:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J0E

Why so much hate for the Pope and the RC Church?

Like any political or spiritual leader, he's just a figurehead. Its his colleagues who are behind the scenes that are pulling the Strings.

The Church knows its growth is no longer in Europe but the 3rd world. So that's why he was appointed.

Anyways, I heard rumors that Pope John Paul I was murdered. They didn't really want him there very long, and the real intent was so that he could act as a caretaker so that his successor, John Paul II could succeed him shortly afterwards. Meanwhile, he was being groomed for the job.

Quote from: "Herman"This pope is sickening. But, I respected John Paul the second. Not for his role as head of his church. I respected him for his fight against Soviet dominated communism in his birth country, Poland. I admired the man for his courage, but I hated his title.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Frank"Why so much hate for the Pope and the RC Church?

Like any political or spiritual leader, he's just a figurehead. Its his colleagues who are behind the scenes that are pulling the Strings.

The Church knows its growth is no longer in Europe but the 3rd world. So that's why he was appointed.

Anyways, I heard rumors that Pope John Paul I was murdered. They didn't really want him there very long, and the real intent was so that he could act as a caretaker so that his successor, John Paul II could succeed him shortly afterwards. Meanwhile, he was being groomed for the job.

Quote from: "Herman"This pope is sickening. But, I respected John Paul the second. Not for his role as head of his church. I respected him for his fight against Soviet dominated communism in his birth country, Poland. I admired the man for his courage, but I hated his title.

Cities all over the world should stop wasting emergency service costs for a guy in white robes and a point hat.

keeper

Quote from: "Herman"

Cities all over the world should stop wasting emergency service costs for a guy in white robes and a point hat.

Do you mean him? ac_wot

http://i60.tinypic.com/2na0fwl.jpg">

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

I attended a Jesuit school. Pope Francis is a Jesuit.

[size=200]The Jesuits[/size]

http://jesuits.org/aboutus">http://jesuits.org/aboutus

We are the Society of Jesus, a Roman Catholic order of priests and brothers founded half a millennium ago by the soldier-turned-mystic Ignatius Loyola. But most people call us "the Jesuits."

In the vision of our founder, we seek to "find God in all things." We dedicate ourselves to the "greater glory of God" and the good of all humanity. And we do so gratefully in collaboration with others who share our values, including laypersons. They have become part of the "we," the extended Jesuit family.

With close to 17,000-plus priests and brothers worldwide, we are the largest male religious order in the Catholic Church. We are pastors, teachers, and chaplains. We are also doctors, lawyers, and astronomers, among many other roles in Church and society. In our varied ministries, we care for the whole person: body, mind, and soul. And especially in our education ministries, we seek to nurture "men and women for others."

Jesuits draw on the rich tradition of Ignatian spirituality and reflection. In our retreat centers, parishes, campus ministries, and other settings, we offer these resources to all who want to discern God's presence in their lives. At the same time, we also aim to be "contemplatives in action," people who bring this spirituality into the wide world. That includes our work on behalf of global justice, peace, and dialogue.

Four Vows

As members of a religious order, Jesuits take three vows — of poverty, chastity and obedience — and a fourth vow of obedience specifically in regard to worldwide mission. In other words, Jesuits must be ready to accept whatever mission the Pope requires, a vow that is reflective of our broader dedication to the universal Church, and to the greater good of all people from all faiths and cultures.

Our collaboration with the laity flows from our personal relationships with Christ. We see ourselves as companions of Jesus, and we invite others to join with us, as friends in the Lord. Together we build up the body of Christ.

With our friends and partners, we also reach out to a broadly diverse world because that's where God is. From experience and reflection, we know that meaning, value, and divine purpose can be discovered "in all things."
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"
Quote from: "Herman"

Oh my Keeper.

:ohmy:

Do you mean him? ac_wot

http://i60.tinypic.com/2na0fwl.jpg">

Frood

I think the Pope is really up himself and should back the hell away from politics and the ridiculous man made climate change cult. The guy is busking for followers and favors. I'm not at all impressed with his rhetoric.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Yet it omits to explain that the Pope is a devotee and follower of a myth; a great lie that has caused as much misery in the world as any war, or brutal dictator.

He may be more humble than his predecessors. He may be "softer" in how he deals with the world. He may espouse "peace and harmony".

But we should never forget that this is a man who decries birth control. Who's organisation harbours one of the worst paedophilia rings in human history. Who commands the wealth of small nations while his flock lives in misery and poverty. Who believes that he has the power to ex-communicate, or put another way, condemn a believer to eternal damnation if he so pleases.

The Roman church is as much a hypocrisy as any other religion. When Stalin asked how many divisions the Pope has, he asked the wrong question. He should have asked how many divisions the Catholic church has created in human civilisation.

Then the face of true evil may take on a more benign look. A man with a wolf's mask would not be able to gather a flock of sheep.

The pope is likely the false prophet of revelation. The whore.  Everything you said is probably truth....albiet, not in the way you think. If/when the pope starts teaming up with a certain global elite "new on the scene" and talking peace, I suggest you pick up a bible, open your mind, and give the Lord just a tiny bit of a nod.  Because whether you believe it or not, we ARE in the last leg of human history. That "myth" is literally being played out right in front of everyone.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I think the Pope is really up himself and should back the hell away from politics and the ridiculous man made climate change cult. The guy is busking for followers and favors. I'm not at all impressed with his rhetoric.

I'm not impressed with his heretical theology and self exaltation.  The RC has been in bed with free masons and the occult since Constantine.

Frood

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I think the Pope is really up himself and should back the hell away from politics and the ridiculous man made climate change cult. The guy is busking for followers and favors. I'm not at all impressed with his rhetoric.

I'm not impressed with his heretical theology and self exaltation.  The RC has been in bed with free masons and the occult since Constantine.

I don't care about any of those allegations. Religion needs to know it's place, away from politics.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Yet it omits to explain that the Pope is a devotee and follower of a myth; a great lie that has caused as much misery in the world as any war, or brutal dictator.

He may be more humble than his predecessors. He may be "softer" in how he deals with the world. He may espouse "peace and harmony".

But we should never forget that this is a man who decries birth control. Who's organisation harbours one of the worst paedophilia rings in human history. Who commands the wealth of small nations while his flock lives in misery and poverty. Who believes that he has the power to ex-communicate, or put another way, condemn a believer to eternal damnation if he so pleases.

The Roman church is as much a hypocrisy as any other religion. When Stalin asked how many divisions the Pope has, he asked the wrong question. He should have asked how many divisions the Catholic church has created in human civilisation.

Then the face of true evil may take on a more benign look. A man with a wolf's mask would not be able to gather a flock of sheep.

The pope is likely the false prophet of revelation. The whore.  Everything you said is probably truth....albiet, not in the way you think. If/when the pope starts teaming up with a certain global elite "new on the scene" and talking peace, I suggest you pick up a bible, open your mind, and give the Lord just a tiny bit of a nod.  Because whether you believe it or not, we ARE in the last leg of human history. That "myth" is literally being played out right in front of everyone.
I do not give a damn about revelation. He is an unqualified moron in a Halloween costume. It's ludicrous that he addressed the UN just like it was when Leonardo Dicaprio did.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dove" Because whether you believe it or not, we ARE in the last leg of human history. That "myth" is literally being played out right in front of everyone.

The end is nigh.

The staple of a lunatic with a sandwich board for centuries. Repent, for judgment day is imminent.

Well, here we are...and there's no sign things are coming to an end any time soon.

The Mayan's thought they had it nailed...but they fell short by 3 years and counting. Mankind has some way to go, toots...and if you truly believed otherwise, you would not have bred children. Did you have babies just so they could burn in the fires of God's wrath? Well, it fits the Christian ethos, at least.

A true Christian would not be banging their tambourine proclaiming the end of days. A true Christian would relish each day and work towards a better future. But then, who'd listen to them if there was no heaven or hell?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

I don't care about any of those allegations. Religion needs to know it's place, away from politics.
 Well then we start by getting rid of every moral law. Which is all of them.  How do you feel about that?  I think people forget the basis for right and wrong were never secular. As far as I'm concerned atheists need to learn their place....and it's not above anyone. Whenever you let atheists in control, things like the Soviet Union and north Korea happen. So sit down, heathen.  You may as well appreciate things like "Thou shalt not murder".   The more moral laws we skip around, the worse society gets. You can literally statistically watch the decline in America as God has been kicked out of everything. The absence of "religion" as you call it, has done absolutely nothing good for this country.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "Dove" Because whether you believe it or not, we ARE in the last leg of human history. That "myth" is literally being played out right in front of everyone.

The end is nigh.

The staple of a lunatic with a sandwich board for centuries. Repent, for judgment day is imminent.

Well, here we are...and there's no sign things are coming to an end any time soon.

Would you like to go one by one?

Bricktop