The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Facebook users are inconsiderate

Started by Frood, September 29, 2015, 05:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Oh Dove, how can I take you seriously when you compare Catholics to Satan worshippers?

I don't know how ANYONE can claim correctness or authority on the meaning of a book of fricken parables and metaphors written in a time long since past by various authors, all of which were human men.  To say YOU have correctly deciphered this translated book is a tad absurd.  I know you'll have some explanation for it but it won't be logical.

Catholics do study scripture.  I know this because I went to Catholic school.  They even give you your own Bible - the same one Christians thump people with.  Shocked?

I don't actually identify myself as a Christain although I'm Catholic because I don't want to be mistaken as a kooky born again.  I have nothing wrong with born agains - I did the whole born again youth group thing in high school, I just don't want to be one because they are known for being Christianity cramming weirdos.  Nice weirdos but pushy and quick to tell everyone else they're wrong.

The bible says what it says. It's not at all cryptic.  If you have at least a 9th grade reading level you should be fine.  It's not hard to understand.  The reason I'm saying the RC is pagan is because they have pagan practices.  God says you can't worship two masters.  Remember that conversation we had about the pope saying women who have had abortions can "now be forgiven"?   Well...biblically there is only sin that cannot be forgiven. Biblically no human can forgive sin, and biblically we don't need priests. The RC is what happens when people hyjack the word of God and add to it. We are not supposed to conform the word of God to us, we are supposed to conform to the word of God.  And the RC used to kill people who stood up for the word. They actually used to with hold bibles, and still they don't encourage reading scripture.  I think it's very telling that the only people that think the bible is cryptic are unbelievers and...catholics.  The RC hides and contorts the truth for their agenda. The bible causes problems for people, basically because it convicts everyone and disarms those who seek control. The reasons christains are so passionate about discerning truth from lies is because we know what will happen to a person going into eternity without Christ, and it hurts our hearts.  It's as if we are in a burning building and you are standing at the exit yelling at everyone to hurry up...the exit is right here, and watching them stumble around in the smoke ruminating on whether or not the door exists. You almost want to grab them by the hair and pull their stupid asses out.

Anonymous

These are the words of Christ in matthew 7.  13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because[a] narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' 23 And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

Renee

Quote from: "SPECTRE"YEAH!!!

What SHE said.

:t2502:

You're sick AGAIN?????

WTF, Old Man, should we be worried?

I really don't think you should be commenting on anyone's health.

Just sayin.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Romero

Quote from: "Dove"I think our issue here is that you are going on "sects" and religious institutions and I'm going on what the Bible says.  I'm not trying to fight with you, but reason with you.  there is a reason why Catholic is called catholism....and not Christianity.  I haven't heard of one scholar or theologian who doesn't take issue with the pagan practice of the RC.  I mean we just had the pope here and not once did he point to Christ.  In fact he said he said Christ's life ended in failure at the cross. That sound Christain?   There are no sects. It's truth or lies.  The RC corrupted the faith and had issues ever since.  There are born again Christians in every denomination but the teachings of catholism are so outside of Scripture that no student of theology can even call it Christain. If you investigated this, you'd see it. It's glaringly obvious.

So, you're one of those kind of born again Christians.

You've got a lot of nerve saying other Christians aren't Christian just because they didn't fuck up half their life. You're not God, you know. You don't get to judge.

RW

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "RW"Oh Dove, how can I take you seriously when you compare Catholics to Satan worshippers?

I don't know how ANYONE can claim correctness or authority on the meaning of a book of fricken parables and metaphors written in a time long since past by various authors, all of which were human men.  To say YOU have correctly deciphered this translated book is a tad absurd.  I know you'll have some explanation for it but it won't be logical.

Catholics do study scripture.  I know this because I went to Catholic school.  They even give you your own Bible - the same one Christians thump people with.  Shocked?

I don't actually identify myself as a Christain although I'm Catholic because I don't want to be mistaken as a kooky born again.  I have nothing wrong with born agains - I did the whole born again youth group thing in high school, I just don't want to be one because they are known for being Christianity cramming weirdos.  Nice weirdos but pushy and quick to tell everyone else they're wrong.

The bible says what it says. It's not at all cryptic.  If you have at least a 9th grade reading level you should be fine.  It's not hard to understand.  The reason I'm saying the RC is pagan is because they have pagan practices.  God says you can't worship two masters.  Remember that conversation we had about the pope saying women who have had abortions can "now be forgiven"?   Well...biblically there is only sin that cannot be forgiven. Biblically no human can forgive sin, and biblically we don't need priests. The RC is what happens when people hyjack the word of God and add to it. We are not supposed to conform the word of God to us, we are supposed to conform to the word of God.  And the RC used to kill people who stood up for the word. They actually used to with hold bibles, and still they don't encourage reading scripture.  I think it's very telling that the only people that think the bible is cryptic are unbelievers and...catholics.  The RC hides and contorts the truth for their agenda. The bible causes problems for people, basically because it convicts everyone and disarms those who seek control. The reasons christains are so passionate about discerning truth from lies is because we know what will happen to a person going into eternity without Christ, and it hurts our hearts.  It's as if we are in a burning building and you are standing at the exit yelling at everyone to hurry up...the exit is right here, and watching them stumble around in the smoke ruminating on whether or not the door exists. You almost want to grab them by the hair and pull their stupid asses out.

If the Bible is so to the point and simple, why do people spend so much time studying it?  Why are there so many different interpretations of what passages say?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

What's with all this bible/x-tian shit? Who fucking cares if a couple of posters here believe ancient fairy tales are real or not. We got an ideology that commands we die and we are worried about this?? Let's get our priorities straight.

RW

We have enough people covering the whole Islam thing.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Dove"I think our issue here is that you are going on "sects" and religious institutions and I'm going on what the Bible says.  I'm not trying to fight with you, but reason with you.  there is a reason why Catholic is called catholism....and not Christianity.  I haven't heard of one scholar or theologian who doesn't take issue with the pagan practice of the RC.  I mean we just had the pope here and not once did he point to Christ.  In fact he said he said Christ's life ended in failure at the cross. That sound Christain?   There are no sects. It's truth or lies.  The RC corrupted the faith and had issues ever since.  There are born again Christians in every denomination but the teachings of catholism are so outside of Scripture that no student of theology can even call it Christain. If you investigated this, you'd see it. It's glaringly obvious.

So, you're one of those kind of born again Christians.

You've got a lot of nerve saying other Christians aren't Christian just because they didn't fuck up half their life. You're not God, you know. You don't get to judge.
 I'm saying you aren't a Christian if you reject the bible as your authority. That's what I'm saying.  If you want to add to that and judge me while telling me not to judge....oh fuckin well. Jesus said you have to be born again. If you have a problem with that go take it up with God. I didn't write, I'm simply repeating it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

If the Bible is so to the point and simple, why do people spend so much time studying it?  Why are there so many different interpretations of what passages say?
 There are not different interpretations until you start talking to mormons, catholics or jehova witnesses. Everyone else is unanonmous.  People twist it.  They do that with anything. But it literally says what it says.  You spend hours on it because it has a lot to offer. It's worth investing the time and effort.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"We have enough people covering the whole Islam thing.

Why do you think that is? They are the ones who want to kill us not Dove and Fash.

RW

There are not different interpretations until you start talking to mormons, catholics or jehova witnesses. Everyone else is unanonmous.  People twist it.  They do that with anything. But it literally says what it says.  You spend hours on it because it has a lot to offer. It's worth investing the time and effort.

Really?  It's literal?  Since when?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Quote from: "Dove"I'm saying you aren't a Christian if you reject the bible as your authority. That's what I'm saying.  If you want to add to that and judge me while telling me not to judge....oh fuckin well. Jesus said you have to be born again. If you have a problem with that go take it up with God. I didn't write, I'm simply repeating it.

You're saying that Catholics and other Christians aren't Christian. That's wrong. They don't reject the Bible. They have different interpretations and ways of faith. You're just pretending that you're better than them, even though they didn't become Christian out of guilt for messing up.

Perhaps you're not a Christian for putting Jesus before God. "You shall have no other gods before Me."

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Why do you think that is? They are the ones who want to kill us not Dove and Fash.

They all fuck us up in different ways.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Don't seriously compare Buddhism or xtianity with a murderous cult like Islam. Comparing it to Nazism is fair though.

RW

Don't seriously compare Buddhism or xtianity with a murderous cult like Islam. Comparing it to Nazism is fair though.

Do you have any idea the suffering that has been wrought at the hands of Christianity over the centuries?!?
Beware of Gaslighters!