The best topic

Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

2015-2016 Hockey Season

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, October 11, 2015, 10:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I haven't had the pleasure to. I met Peter Bondra, a former Caps player. Our sons played in the same league.

What a super star he was.

@realAzhyaAryola

Yes, and humble too. He shook the hand of lil ole me. I'm glad all that stardom did not get to his head. Nice guy. Unfortunately for me, during his shining moments, I was not yet interested in hockey so I missed watching him.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Yes, and humble too. He shook the hand of lil ole me. I'm glad all that stardom did not get to his head. Nice guy. Unfortunately for me, during his shining moments, I was not yet interested in hockey so I missed watching him.

Do you know what he is doing now? I would think he is still involved with the game.

@realAzhyaAryola

Peter Bondra remained in this area, can you believe that? He is sweet. I believe he remained here for his children since they would have to be uprooted if they moved back to where they came from or to some place else. The last I saw him was at our sons' tournaments. He often shows up as a guest coach at hockey camps or accepts invitations at schools to demonstrate hockey. I knew he would show up at alumni games for the Caps as well and probably still does.

He was the general manager of the Slovakia national team from 2007 to 2011, according to Wikipedia.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Peter Bondra remained in this area, can you believe that? He is sweet. I believe he remained here for his children since they would have to be uprooted if they moved back to where they came from or to some place else. The last I saw him was at our sons' tournaments. He often shows up as a guest coach at hockey camps or accepts invitations at schools to demonstrate hockey. I knew he would show up at alumni games for the Caps as well and probably still does.

He was the general manager of the Slovakia national team from 2007 to 2011, according to Wikipedia.

Right on, he remained part of the community and the team. As I said, I liked that guy. A great shooter.

@realAzhyaAryola

I wish I saw him play. I only got interested in hockey once my boy played it. Before that, no interest whatsoever. I even got mocked when I'd ask, "Is it the fourth period yet?" "That was a touchdown?" :laugh3:
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I wish I saw him play. I only got interested in hockey once my boy played it. Before that, no interest whatsoever. I even got mocked when I'd ask, "Is it the fourth period yet?" "That was a touchdown?" :laugh3:

What, there isn't a fourth period.

@realAzhyaAryola

:laugh3:

What a contrast indeed from then and now. I remember asking the questions, "What's with this game?! Chasing around a puck in ice skates with a stick!? Sheesh! It's too fast for me! I can't keep up!"

Now, I hardly miss a Caps game. ac_dance
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

There will be no Canadian teams in the playoffs this year.

:sad:

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola":ohmy:

I heard it is has been more than four decades since the last time all Canadian teams were shut out of the playoffs.

@realAzhyaAryola

Beautiful goal! Woohoo! Perfection. Caps 3, Islanders 1
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola":ohmy:

I heard it is has been more than four decades since the last time all Canadian teams were shut out of the playoffs.

Sorry, Fash. Maybe next year.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola":mad:

Hey AA, last game ever at Edmonton's Rexall Place tonight I believe.