Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

A

Cuddle parties in Calgary gaining popularity

Started by Anonymous, December 18, 2012, 08:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I live in Calgary, but I have never been invited to a cuddle party..

How about you Pinay?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2012/12/17/calgary-cuddle-party.html">http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/s ... party.html">http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2012/12/17/calgary-cuddle-party.html

A bunch of strangers cuddling and affectionately massaging each other in a room might sound a little odd but it's becoming an increasingly popular event in Calgary.

It's appropriately called a "cuddle party."

Rovena Skye is a cuddle party facilitator. She hosted the city's first party one year ago.

"The response I got was absolutely overwhelming. It didn't just give people a place — a safe place — to be, just as they are, it also created a community," she said.

That sense of community is attracting people such as Anna Alexander.

Initially, she said the idea of getting cozy with complete strangers was off-putting. She changed her mind after attending her first party.

"It can be very isolating living in Calgary. Prior to coming to a cuddle party, I would be lucky to get a hug once a month. I'm going to get 20 hugs tonight easy," she said.

According to the Cuddle Party website, Calgary is now Canada's most active city for cuddle parties.

The next party takes place this Friday as cuddlers hug it out at an "End of the World" theme party.

Pinay

No, I have not been invited to one of those either Fashionista..Actually, this is the first time that I heard about cuddle parties  :o  I checked the link you provided and I would say I find it kinda weird  :roll:  something not to my liking :-) luckily I get all the hugs I need  :)

Obvious Li

i'm in i'm in......time and place please...is clothing optional ???????[attachment=0]aFu_DarkSideCookies.jpg[/attachment]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Pinay"No, I have not been invited to one of those either Fashionista..Actually, this is the first time that I heard about cuddle parties  :o  I checked the link you provided and I would say I find it kinda weird  :roll:  something not to my liking :-) luckily I get all the hugs I need  :)

That is how I feel about it too Pinay..

I guess Calgary can be a lonely place for some new residents, but still it is just to strange for me.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"i'm in i'm in......time and place please...is clothing optional ???????[attachment=0]aFu_DarkSideCookies.jpg[/attachment]

:lol: they are clothed Obvious Li  :lol:

Leopardsocks

Well, YOU'RE not gonna get cuddled with the extra passenger sticking out front, are you??

Anonymous

I do not understand why anyone would want a stranger hugging them..

Maybe Obvious Li can explain it?

;)

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"I do not understand why anyone would want a stranger hugging them..

;)

give me 30 minutes......see if i can change your mind......OMG so much fun [attachment=0]1.jpg[/attachment]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I do not understand why anyone would want a stranger hugging them..

;)

give me 30 minutes......see if i can change your mind......OMG so much fun [attachment=0]1.jpg[/attachment]

Do you need a hug Obvious?

cc

File a notch in your key so I know which one to select, OL ;)

That way, I won't be "stuck" by ... Oops, I mean with  :roll:   .. a loser
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

lol, 4U2? Can't think of anyone I'd more enjoy sharing a stud with

The sly devil slips several keys into the pot ya know
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Obvious Li

lol@thetwoofyou.ca.......can you cuddle in a hot tub???...P.S. the key(s) is/are under the mat... :ugeek:  :

Frost

Cuddle parties  :lol:  never did see any of them or hear of them for that matter.

Might be fun if you knew the people, and I was the only guy there  :lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"Cuddle parties  :lol:  never did see any of them or hear of them for that matter.

Might be fun if you knew the people, and I was the only guy there  :lol:

I think Obvious Li and Leopardsocks said the same thing.

Frost

Yeah have to know them, if not they may have coodies  :lol: