News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

What does the Bible say about pedophiles and wife beaters?

Started by J0E, November 27, 2015, 12:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

J0E

...does it outright condemn them?

Or does it condone that kind of behavior?

Or say nothing?

I somewhat wonder given the high amount of either that we have in Western societies.

Not that any other culture is different or better, but just wondering if the lack of protection for those individuals affected in our moral code has led to the situation we have in society today.

ie - maybe there is so much a problem with pedophiles in the Catholic Church is that the Bible never outright condemned or prohibited it?

Or Wife Beating the same?

anyways, was curious, like to read some feedback about it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Frank"...does it outright condemn them?

Or say nothing?

I somewhat wonder given the high amount of either that we have in Western societies.

Not that any other culture is different or better, but just wondering if the lack of protection for those individuals affected in our moral code has led to the situation we have in society today.

ie - maybe there is so much a problem with pedophiles in the Catholic Church is that the Bible never outright condemned or prohibited it?

Frank,

Ur not thinking about converting to a ped or a wife beater are ya?

the shark hunter

... we don't base anything we do on what the bible says.  it's not where we get our moral code from ...
http://www.callumhouston.com/index.html\">THE CALLUM HOUSTON WEB PAGE

J0E

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Or say nothing?

Frank,

Ur not thinking about converting to a ped or a wife beater are ya?

No Shen. But I wonder if the lack of prohibitions in our Society's moral code for all these centuries led to the situation we have today. For example, the Catholic Church's problem with pedophile priests - is that the Bible may have failed to condemn this kind of behavior, therefore, the Church's converts thought it was OK?

Or wife beating. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think there may even be a passage in the Old Testament, in which one of its characters encourages this practice. Mind you, those were Ancient Times so it wasn't considered illegal back then.

But since it wasn't outright condemned, this way of thinking may have infected our Society today.

Anonymous

^You still on about the Catholic church Frank. Who fucking cares what that dinosaur organization thinks about anything.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"Joey, Google is your friend. We are not

OMG!  I damn near fell out of my chair!   ac_lmfao
Beware of Gaslighters!

J0E

Quote from: "cc la femme"Joey, Google is your friend. We are not

Well cc, I always have to put up with a barrage of your rabid paranoid rantings about coming Islam, so perhaps you ought to show some consideration for others, and put up with them too, eh?

By the way, do you still feel unsafe in your Fortress White Rock along 0 Avenue with scores of Homeland Security Agents a stone's throw away from your house, cc?

Anonymous

Or say nothing?

Kiddy diddlers and wife beaters should be shot. If it's not in the bible, it should be.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

Or say nothing?

Kiddy diddlers and wife beaters should be shot. If it's not in the bible, it should be.

It doesn't Herman.

Bricktop

Or say nothing?

They didn't have guns when the bible was written.

Derp.

Renee

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"

Or say nothing?

They didn't have guns when the bible was written.

Derp.

Yeah, because you can only shoot people with guns. :001_rolleyes:

For someone who has been around since Ramsses II freed the fucking slaves, you would think you would have heard of the bow and arrow.

Derp. :oeudC:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Bricktop

I'm not aware of the bow and arrow being used for executions, due to their poor stopping power and inaccuracy.

Although that wouldn't be a factor in your case.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"I'm not aware of the bow and arrow being used for executions, due to their poor stopping power and inaccuracy.

Although that wouldn't be a factor in your case.

:001_rolleyes:

J0E

Quote from: "the shark hunter"... we don't base anything we do on what the bible says.  it's not where we get our moral code from ...

Well, I'm in a slight, but friendly disagreement with you, Sharkie.

Much of our laws are based upon Judeo-Christian principles.

ie - Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, covet they neighbor's wife, etc.

So the influence the way the laws are constructed and people in our society behave.

Likewise, the Koran has greatly influenced how people living under Islamic laws behave as well.

Some within Islam believe that while sexual relations between man and women are taboo among Muslims, this excludes acts between a Muslim male and an infidel or non-Muslim woman in a time of war.

In other words, forcible acts - rape.

Quote"Abu Sai'd al-Khudri said : The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him)  sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of  Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them  and took them captives. Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah  (may peace be upon him) were reluctant to have intercourse with the  female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers.  So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur'anic verse: [Sura 4:24) "And  all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom  your right hands possess." That is to say, they are lawful for them when  they complete their waiting period. (1479)" Abu Dawud vol.2]
So some extremists/fundamentalists have taken it upon themselves to state that they are in a state of Holy War with the West (jihad) and this gives license to rape Western Women even in their homelands such as Europe, because they are not Muslim. I know it seems perverse and perhaps Muslims don't want to talk about it. However, it is an example of how a Holy Book can influence written laws and their followers' behavior.

Likewise, because the Bible did not specifically state that wife beating is prohibited, some men who call themselves Christians feel they can morally justify physical abuse of their wives. Like most, I feel this is wrong, but it demonstrates the link between religious writings and the shaping of laws of social behaviors.