Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

5 cups of coffee a day might make you live longer, study suggests

Started by Anonymous, November 30, 2015, 08:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/5-cups-of-coffee-a-day-might-make-you-live-longer-study-suggests-a6737586.html">http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 37586.html">http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/5-cups-of-coffee-a-day-might-make-you-live-longer-study-suggests-a6737586.html

Drinking three to five cups of coffee a day could help people live longer, new research has found.

According to the study conducted by Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health, both caffeinated and decaffeinated coffee can lower the risk of death from cardiovascular disease, neurological disease such as Parkinson's, type 2 diabetes and even suicide.

Ming Ding, the PhD student who headed the research, said: "Bioactive compounds in coffee reduce insulin resistance and systematic inflammation.

"That could explain some of our findings. However, more studies are needed to investigate the biological mechanisms producing these effect."

Mr Ding also led a study in 2013 that suggested moderate consumption of caffeine lowered the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD).

The Ten Best Coffee Tables

Anonymous

Ah fuck. I thought it said 5 mojitos a day might make you live longer. :sneaky2:

Renee

5 cups a day?

Christ, I drink at least 4 cups between 6 AM and noon.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I like to hear this but I'm good with one cup a day.

Me too. I like my Chinese teas.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"5 cups a day?

Christ, I drink at least 4 cups between 6 AM and noon.

I like hot chocolate or tea, but my husband likes good strong coffee.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

I have two  cups in the morning each with a cigarette. Then another in the afternoon along with a smoke.

cc

I do about 6 double espressos a day, so I'm good to go.

I'll think about you guys fondly while savoring  espressos in my old age  ac_smile
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"I do about 6 double espressos a day, so I'm good to go.

I'll think about you guys while having an espresso in my old age  ac_smile

Six double espressos a day? That is a lot of high octane joe. Who needs energy drinks.

cc

Actually, I did some research a ways back. While espresso is high on flavor, it is between 1/3 and 1/2 the caffeine

So a double is actually  less caffeine that a regular coffee

I was surprised but pleased to find that out as I'm espresso for life after my conversion

I think it's the flavor / taste explosion that makes one think it is strong stuff

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Actually, I did some research a ways back. While espresso is high on flavor, it is between 1/3 and 1/2 the caffeine

So a double is actually  less caffeine that a regular coffee

I was surprised but pleased to find that out as I'm espresso for life after my conversion

I think it's the flavor / taste explosion that makes one think it is strong stuff

Who would have thought that. I am going to stop at the Second Cup tomorrow on my way to the office for a triple shot of espresso. ac_drinks

cc

lol ... with a clear conscience

We bought an espresso machine that is notoriously good with cappuccino - cap being our desire and motive at that time

It did cap great, then one day I tried it straight up espresso and found it even better than cap.

It's not much harder to make that using any single cup coffee machine that works with ground beans (not pods)

Cappuccino is a bit more work as one must froth the milk, but still not difficult or lengthy to do with the right machine and a little practice

Renee

Quote from: "cc la femme"lol ... with a clear conscience

We bought an espresso machine that is notoriously good with cappuccino - cap being our desire and motive at that time

It did cap great, then one day I tried it straight up espresso and found it even better than cap.

It's not much harder to make that using any single cup coffee machine that works with ground beans (not pods)

Cappuccino is a bit more work as one must froth the milk, but still not difficult or lengthy to do with the right machine and a little practice

The only way to drink espresso is with a shot of anisette or sambuca poured in it. The only thing is I'm not sure you can or should drink 5 of those a day.  ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

cc

sambuca is great with it, as is Drambuie - although I prefer the liqueur alongside in its own glass - in evening

daytime I'll stick to espresso

I do love sambuca.It is good and loaded with Italian tradition and espresso beans

copy paste to get the traditions  right > The most iconic serving of sambuca is a shot with seven coffee beans, representing the Seven hills of Rome.

Likewise, a shot with one coffee bean, called con la mosca, which means "with the fly", is as common.

When served with three coffee beans, each is said to represent health, happiness and prosperity; or the Holy Trinity.[3][5]

The shot may be ignited to toast the coffee beans with the flame extinguished immediately before drinking