A

Scott Weiland passes away at age 48

Started by Anonymous, December 04, 2015, 09:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "the shark hunter"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I read that Soundgarden was regarded at the time as the evolution of heavy metal, but still lumped in with the Seattle bands..

... i totally agree with that statement.  same with ALICE IN CHAINS who to me are basically metal also.  i think AIC were a little ahead of grunge if i remember correctly ...

AIC does predate grunge somewhat but not by much. You are also correct in that they are also not a grunge band. They are "alternative metal" or even "sludge metal" at times with elements of blues and punk thrown in.

What about Soundgarden Renee?

To me they have always been a grunge band. In fact they are one of the originators of the Seattle grunge sound.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"I read that Soundgarden was regarded at the time as the evolution of heavy metal, but still lumped in with the Seattle bands..

... i totally agree with that statement.  same with ALICE IN CHAINS who to me are basically metal also.  i think AIC were a little ahead of grunge if i remember correctly ...

AIC does predate grunge somewhat but not by much. You are also correct in that they are also not a grunge band. They are "alternative metal" or even "sludge metal" at times with elements of blues and punk thrown in.

To me they have always been a grunge band. In fact they are one of the originators of the Seattle grunge sound.

My husband loves nineties Seattle music.

He agrees with critics that called them the evolution of metal..

They were heavier than Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Blind Melon, Smashing Pumpkins or Alice In Chains..

My husband also likes a heavy band from that era from Australia called Silverchair.

Anonymous

I remember all those bands.  The lead singer of Blind Melon was buddies with Axl Rose. He died from a heroin od.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"I'm gonna start a 90s music thread

Great idea Dove.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Renee

My husband loves nineties Seattle music.

He agrees with critics that called them the evolution of metal..

They were heavier than Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Blind Melon, Smashing Pumpkins or Alice In Chains..

My husband also likes a heavy band from that era from Australia called Silverchair.

Silverchair????.....seriously?  :laugh3:

I don't ever think I've ever heard anyone over the age of 18 ever admit to liking that band. But hey, different strokes.

The other band you mentioned that I don't get the attraction to is Smashing Pumpkins. I can't take the whine for more than about 3 songs before it makes me want to cut my ears off. To me they aren't even a band. It's just a lot of layered guitar over dub with Billy Corgan endlessly whining like a little bitch. I think they are one of the most overrated bands in alternative music.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

the shark hunter

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "Dove"Buck cherry....I don't see it.  Haha its funny watching a discussion about grunge. I've never really left the 90s.

So is your wardrobe still made mostly of flannel? :laugh:

Frankly I think Buck Cherry sucks.

I don't see the correlation between them and STP either. To me STP is closer to bands like "Pearl Jam", "Soundgarden", "Candlebox" and the "Foo fighters". Even the "Goo Goo Dolls" are closer to STP than Buck Cherry.
Noooo....I was more baggy cords, and thrift store bowling shirts. Until I went 'first wave' goth lol. I agree on the STP comparisons. Buck Cherry sucks, also. We can't leave that out. Weiland was an artist, Buck Cherry dude is a coke fueled rapist.

... BUCKCHERRY is basically an AC/DC clone band ...
http://www.callumhouston.com/index.html\">THE CALLUM HOUSTON WEB PAGE

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"Buck cherry....I don't see it.  Haha its funny watching a discussion about grunge. I've never really left the 90s.

I don't see the correlation between them and STP either. To me STP is closer to bands like "Pearl Jam", "Soundgarden", "Candlebox" and the "Foo fighters". Even the "Goo Goo Dolls" are closer to STP than Buck Cherry.
Noooo....I was more baggy cords, and thrift store bowling shirts. Until I went 'first wave' goth lol. I agree on the STP comparisons. Buck Cherry sucks, also. We can't leave that out. Weiland was an artist, Buck Cherry dude is a coke fueled rapist.

I don't think they are even similar..

Airborne is an AC/DC cone band.

the shark hunter

... that is true, Fashionista.  but i do hear bon scott-era AC/DC in BUCKCHERRY too, at least in their "lit up" song ...

Anonymous

... that is true, Fashionista.  but i do hear bon scott-era AC/DC in BUCKCHERRY too, at least in their "lit up" song ...

I don't hear it myself, but that may be just ears..

Listen to the  song Sorry by Buckcherry the shark hunter..

No resemblance to any AC/DC singer.

the shark hunter

... i'll have a listen, Fashionista!  ac_smile

Anonymous

Post some pictures please of your lovely hometown some time please.

ac_smile

the shark hunter

ac_smile

... will do, Fash!  :thumbup:

Anonymous

ac_smile

... will do, Fash!  :thumbup:

I look forward to seeing them the shark hunter.

ac_smile