Replies: 10372
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:06:46 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

A

Question For Those Of You With Divorced Parents

Started by Anonymous, December 26, 2015, 04:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Did you receive more gifts at X-mas time/birthdays etc out of guilt? The reason I ask is that I had to make two trips from Daddy's house yesterday because he bought so many toys and gifts for my son. I couldn't believe it.

RW

Yep.  Double the gifts because we had two Christmases but tons of gifts at each Christmas.  We were spoiled because of guilt.
Beware of Gaslighters!

slappy

Quote from: "RW"Yep.  Double the gifts because we had two Christmases but tons of gifts at each Christmas.  We were spoiled because of guilt.

Ah the Disney parent syndrome.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Yep.  Double the gifts because we had two Christmases but tons of gifts at each Christmas.  We were spoiled because of guilt.

I have seen it myself RW and I think it is sad....and I'm not judging.

@realAzhyaAryola

It's not as sad as you may think, Fash. People move on and just do the best they can with the situation at hand. Life goes on.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"It's not as sad as you may think, Fash. People move on and just do the best they can with the situation at hand. Life goes on.

As RW says kids are spoiled because of guilt..

But, yes the parents do the best they can.

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I don't know what it's like for very young kids though.

From what I have personally seen, there is a lot of guilt gifts.

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"It's not as sad as you may think, Fash. People move on and just do the best they can with the situation at hand. Life goes on.

I can be as sad as people think.  My parents split when I was 4 and my dad left town when I was 8.  No toys or gifts can make up for losing being with a parent every day.

My favourite Christmas that I remember having was when I was 13 and my dad spent Christmas morning at our house with all of us (including mom).  I don't remember the gifts given, I just remember we were all there as a family.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

I can be as sad as people think.  My parents split when I was 4 and my dad left town when I was 8.  No toys or gifts can make up for losing being with a parent every day.

My favourite Christmas that I remember having was when I was 13 and my dad spent Christmas morning at our house with all of us (including mom).  I don't remember the gifts given, I just remember we were all there as a family.

That seems sad to me, but my heart grows when I read this story.

@realAzhyaAryola

I think it affects the very young and will make them sad but I know folks who were older when their parents split and they tell me they are just glad there are no more fighting and arguing and all seem to have adjusted to their new situations.
@realAzhyaAryola

RW

I don't really remember my parents fighting.  Growing up, I'm sure my parents were ill suited but I didn't see it first hand as a kid.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Odinson

What?? That guilt gift thing happens when the kids are small and dont understand..

Grown up kids understand the situation.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I think it affects the very young and will make them sad but I know folks who were older when their parents split and they tell me they are just glad there are no more fighting and arguing and all seem to have adjusted to their new situations.

That's good.

Renee

Quote from: "Odinson"What?? That guilt gift thing happens when the kids are small and dont understand..

Grown up kids understand the situation.

:oeudC:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview