Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

What's your bucket list?

Started by J0E, December 28, 2015, 02:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"
Quote from: "Renee" I can remember on more than one occasion being called stupid or dumb and being made an example of in front of the class. Add that to being the fat unpopular kid and my life was a fucking hell. :sad:

You're stupid, you're dumb, and I've made more than one example of you in front of the forum.

And you're as popular as a dysentry sufferer in a two man submarine.

:evilthoughts2:

If you are going to insult her, I suggest spell check first.

I also remember when ribbing was light hearted and spirited.  The shit you guys are slinging these days just feels mean.  ac_unsure
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I wore a uniform from nursery to college back in the fatherland.

I kind of liked knowing what I was going to wear every day and that it was the same as everyone else.

I'm not opposed to the idea of uniforms.

My children wear a uniform, but it's not formal.

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Anybody where a uniform to school?

I did until the 5th grade;....then I got thrown out of Catholic school.  ac_biggrin

Haha, that's why my parents never put me in the Catholic system when we came here.

The rotten smelly nuns don't like it when you beat the fuck out of their pet favorites.

They don't like it at all. :laugh3:

I heard they were vicious.

By the time I got to Catholic school, beating on kids was seriously frowned upon.  I was a suck up so I never got the beats.  I did see a kid get strapped to his desk and another got picked up by a teacher who put his head in a garbage can.

It was frowned upon when I went to school as well. In fact the school policy was no corporal punishment at all but they lied. They also had no problem threatening kids with physical harm or using humiliation as a punishment for minor infractions or if you were unlucky enough to have difficulty keeping up academically. I can remember on more than one occasion being called stupid or dumb and being made an example of in front of the class. Add that to being the fat unpopular kid and my life was a fucking hell. :sad:

I remember those who did not keep up academically were not treated kindly by teachers.  Us kids couldn't have cared less who was stupid or not.  We also had really small class sizes which made the learning environment much better IMHO.  My class was rife with bullies though and no, I was not one of them. (A classmate of mine ended up going to jail for 11 years for kidnapping and sodomizing a woman with a liquour bottle.)

We really only had one nun who taught us religion.  We'd get priests in training in to teach as well and we tortured the shit out of them.  We had one named Bart.  He had Coke bottle glasses and we didn't give him an inch.  He did become a priest in spite of us.  Our head priest wasn't a man you fucked with.  We had another priest named John who would come and visit.  He was kind and wore Jesus sandals.  We all loved him.  We also loved our Monsignor who was also gentle and kind.  We didn't have any kiddy diddler types, or at least none that have come to light.  

That said, my grade 7 teacher got fired years after I left for supervising grade 7 girls changing who were taking too long.  He got fired and I don't know what became of him after that.  He wasn't a priest or anything.

Don't get me wrong, there were a few teachers that were decent like my 2nd grade remedial reading teacher. She was the first teacher to recognize that I had actual learning disabilities and that I wasn't just stupid or lazy. She also picked up on the fact that I needed glasses which helped me emensely.

As for bullies, it seems all Catholic schools are full of them. From kindergarten through the 4th grade my mom will tell you that I came home from school in tears at least 4 out of 5 days a week. I was bullied, beat up and tormented endlessly. It also didn't help that I was shy and so timid that I was literally afraid of my own shadow.

Then in the 5th grade something snapped in me emotionally and I said I've had enough and I started to fight back. Unfortunately I got into so many fights (one perticularly bad one) that my parents were called to school and it was strongly suggested that they NOT sign me up for 6th grade. So my parents packed me off to public school where I discovered I wasn't the only awkward fat kid out anymore and that there were kids just as screwed up as me and a lot worse.

:laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Bricktop

I also remember when ribbing was light hearted and spirited.  The shit you guys are slinging these days just feels mean.  ac_unsure

She started it!!!

She's stupid, dumb and a bad example. :sneaky2:

RW

I think we all need a break from it.

Just sayin'.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "Renee" I can remember on more than one occasion being called stupid or dumb and being made an example of in front of the class. Add that to being the fat unpopular kid and my life was a fucking hell. :sad:

You're stupid, you're dumb, and I've made more than one example of you in front of the forum.

You're a creep. Come to think of it, I think that was my very first public assement of you way back when and guess what;......it still stands.

Only now, ALMOST everyone knows it. ac_sothere
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

What are the differences between the public and catholic systems now?

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"What are the differences between the public and catholic systems now?

Aside from minor differences in curriculum, almost nothing. As I see it, the main difference is one you pay for through taxes the other is funded through private tuition.

Twenty Dollars

A trip around Cape Horn in a Sailboat.

Braveheart

African safari and climb Kilimanjaro.

RW

You're a creep. Come to think of it, I think that was my very first public assement of you way back when and guess what;......it still stands.

Break means on your end too.

Just sayin'
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"What are the differences between the public and catholic systems now?

Class sizes.  Parental socio-economic status.  The teaching of religion.  Flexibility in curriculum.

Here, private schools are subsidized (around half of public school funding).
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Break means on your end too.

Just sayin'

Okay....mom.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Class sizes.  Parental socio-economic status.  The teaching of religion.  Flexibility in curriculum.

Here, private schools are subsidized (around half of public school funding).

The Catholic system receives full funding in Ontario.