The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

What's your bucket list?

Started by J0E, December 28, 2015, 02:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

deadskinmask

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "deadskinmask"
Quote from: "RW"I know my mom paid fees when I went. It was over $400 a month for my sister and I and that was in the 80s.

If there are fees in Alberta, I doubt they would be that high because I can't see my co worker being able to afford it..

Maybe, I won't ask her if any fees are involved..

I am not thinking of taking my children out of their private school and putting them in a publicly funded one ever.

if you can afford private school, its definitely the way to go....

My husband and I agree deadskinmask, which is why we invest so much of our income into private education.

we sent ours to private schools when possible.... better quality of education foremost but also for safety reasons.... alabama public schools are like zoos with desks.... :(

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I know my mom paid fees when I went. It was over $400 a month for my sister and I and that was in the 80s.

I am sure your parents did shell out large for it. Provinces have a good deal of autonomy and Ontario is really different.

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/separate-school/">http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/e ... te-school/">http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/separate-school/

The politics of separate-school funding in Ontario are in many ways unique. Thanks to recent large-scale immigration from Catholic Europe (from countries such as Italy and Portugal), 37% of Ontario's population is Catholic and about 34% of elementary students are in separate schools. Of the 160 elementary school boards, 57 were Catholic and only one was Protestant. From September 1987 all separate schools have been funded on the same basis as public schools. For Francophones in some regions of the province, there was (until September 1985) another way to receive public funds for Catholic students in grades 11 to 13: they attended public French secondary schools. Significantly, this required a shift in emphasis from religion to ethnicity and language. The number of school boards dropped to 87 in the late 1990s.

Anonymous

If there are fees in Alberta, I doubt they would be that high because I can't see my co worker being able to afford it..

Maybe, I won't ask her if any fees are involved..

I am not thinking of taking my children out of their private school and putting them in a publicly funded one ever.

if you can afford private school, its definitely the way to go....

My husband and I agree deadskinmask, which is why we invest so much of our income into private education.

we sent ours to private schools when possible.... better quality of education foremost but also for safety reasons.... alabama public schools are like zoos with desks.... :(

:ohmy:

deadskinmask

RW

Quote from: "deadskinmask"i guess i kind of owe you an apology, RW.... i was gonna say that was a stupid question.... but then i remembered that shes in canada and they have all kinds of free shit over there.... lol....

I'm in Canada too but she's in Alberta and after seoul's article, I got confused.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "deadskinmask"yeah. i know.... :(

What does that mean?  Zoos with desks?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "deadskinmask"i guess i kind of owe you an apology, RW.... i was gonna say that was a stupid question.... but then i remembered that shes in canada and they have all kinds of free shit over there.... lol....

I'm in Canada too but she's in Alberta and after seoul's article, I got confused.

So, out in BC do they provide equal funding for the separate school system up to a certain grade?

deadskinmask

no offence but you're a mouthy mother fucker.... i just naturally assumed you were american. is Renee from Canada too?

deadskinmask

kids here don't act right. and its actually getting worse....

RW

no offence but you're a mouthy mother fucker.... i just naturally assumed you were american. is Renee from Canada too?

LOL!

Renee is American.  I'm just lippy.
Beware of Gaslighters!

deadskinmask

ok. good.... i almost lost faith in canada.... :(

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

Quote from: "deadskinmask"ok. good.... i almost lost faith in canada.... :(

Ouch.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

kids here don't act right. and its actually getting worse....

Our public schools have gangs here, so Alabama is not alone.

J0E

There are many things I'd like to accomplish during my remaining time here.

One of them is to one day play this particular piece flawlessly like this performer just to say I did it....

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkSfcDS0oy4

Domenico Scarlatti - Sonata G major K2 L 388 p 58 Presto

First step is ta git a hold of the sheet music....

...maybe the local library has it.