The best topic

Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Is Lust a Sin?

Started by J0E, January 01, 2016, 09:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

J0E

One poster's comments have prompted me to raise the question:

Quote from: "Dove" Lust, is a sin, and good luck madturbating without committing it, I agree. But scripture doesn't tell us not to masturbate...it tells us not to lust.  Take it how you will....lol. I do know if you go telling people not to touch themselves, they are going to do it more than they would if you didnt.

...is merely having lustful thoughts 'sinful'?

Even if a person never acts them out?

And are both genders equally disposed to being lustful?

Is lust only considered wrong, when the person who is the object of lust rejecting the unwanted attention towards them? What if they accept these lustful thoughts and advances? Is it still 'sin'?

Is there such thing as 'unrequited/unfulfilled' lustful urges and 'requited/fulfilled' ones?

Is it only when they have fulfilled them that it becomes a 'sin'?

Anyways, just some thoughts. Hope you don't mind quoting one of your posts, Dove.

Anonymous

Yes. Lust is sin. Even in your head.  It's what's in your heart and mind.

J0E

Quote from: "Dove"Yes. Lust is sin. Even in your head.  It's what's in your heart and mind.

Respectfully, I will disagree.

Otherwise, how do men and women meet, fall in love?

ie -

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH7FqcjkmPE

At one point, Romeo says to Juliet "Give me my sin again." He mentions his 'sin' at least 3 times in this sequence. Is this just another word for 'lust'?

In other words, there has to be some bond or attraction to bring a couple together.

And in the event both lusted after one another, then it was a consensual lust of some kind.

Therefore, where one rebuffed the other, then it was an unwanted advance, and I suppose one could then call it 'lust'. Or perhaps you're thinking along the lines of a form of lust which leads to an undesireable result? That only ill can come of this lust?

Anonymous

You asked if it's a sin. It is.  Whether you agree or not is moot.   It take far more than lust to build a relationship. Just sayin.

Twenty Dollars

I wouldn't call lust a sin at all. Call it temptation. I love being tempted, and taking my time to go for it. If it feels good, how can it be a sin? Don't torment yourself.

Renee

If you believe in "sin" then its a "sin" and not just an ordinary "sin" either. It's one of the big 7.

It's all based on your personal beliefs. It's not rocket science, people, its just another one of Joe's idiotic musings.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"Yes. Lust is sin. Even in your head.  It's what's in your heart and mind.

You are right Dove.

RW

Lust is a strong desire for something.  If that's the case, why it is I can't lust for my husband?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Lust is a strong desire for something.  If that's the case, why it is I can't lust for my husband?

You can. In a marriage it's not lust. In fact, biblically, your husband can't deny you unless he is fasting/praying.  He HAS to put out.  Lol.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"I wouldn't call lust a sin at all. Call it temptation. I love being tempted, and taking my time to go for it. If it feels good, how can it be a sin? Don't torment yourself.
 Serial killers feel the same way. Just sayin.  Now we enter into subjective morality.

Bricktop

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRHetRTOD1Q&spfreload=10

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Renee"If you believe in "sin" then its a "sin" and not just an ordinary "sin" either. It's one of the big 7.

It's all based on your personal beliefs. It's not rocket science, people, its just another one of Joe's idiotic musings.

I suppose it needs to be coupled with instinct. That little thing that goes off on your brain that says, I want to. You are attractive. Then the same occurs in the other persons brain. Instinctual to reproduce.

keeper

No lust is not a sin.

Letting Odi and Mel breath the same air as humans is a sin.

RW for president!! :JC_howdy:

RW

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "RW"Lust is a strong desire for something.  If that's the case, why it is I can't lust for my husband?

You can. In a marriage it's not lust. In fact, biblically, your husband can't deny you unless he is fasting/praying.  He HAS to put out.  Lol.

Why is it not lust?
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"
Quote from: "Renee"If you believe in "sin" then its a "sin" and not just an ordinary "sin" either. It's one of the big 7.

I suppose it needs to be coupled with instinct. That little thing that goes off on your brain that says, I want to. You are attractive. Then the same occurs in the other persons brain. Instinctual to reproduce.

Instinct is an interesting word when it comes to sin...
Beware of Gaslighters!