The best topic

Replies: 10385
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 10:06:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Is Lust a Sin?

Started by J0E, January 01, 2016, 09:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"If christianity was an occupation Fash would be employee of the year. If opposition to it was also an occupation, RW would be fired. :laugh3:

I don't oppose Christianity.  I just think it (and other religions) makes rules that counter human nature such as lust.
Beware of Gaslighters!

J0E

This is interesting thread/discussion.

After reading what the pros/cons have to say, I think they both have some valid points.

Both RW and Dove are at least partially right.

Lust in itself may not be a sin or evil, as it depends how its energy is channeled.

It can be a creative force to procreate and propogate the human race within a healthy, monogomous relationship.

Or, it can act as destructive force, as was the case of Congressman Henry Hyde, who destroyed a married man's family because of lust for his wife.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/170000/images/_173202_hyde300.jpg">

https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/iYlN4HdGxeMxPF4VxQ7Xjw--/YXBwaWQ9c3JjaGRkO2g9MjIwO3E9OTU7dz0xNTA-/http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/20/Ac.hhyde.jpg">

It's like saying money is the root of all evil. But money can be used to buy new housing for the homeless, build hospitals, help find cures for devastating diseases. So clearly it can be a force of good. However, money be used an instrument of evil, oppressing people and starting wars to kill them. So as with lust, it all depends.

RW

Lust can be channeled to procreate and propogate (THANK YOU!  That was the word I couldn't remember!) the human race outside of a monogamous relationship as well.

Like I said, sex is a physical act.  Sperm meeting egg is a physical act.  Having a baby is a physical act.  Lust is a driver in a physical world.
Beware of Gaslighters!

J0E

Quote from: "RW"Lust can be channeled to procreate and propogate (THANK YOU!  That was the word I couldn't remember!) the human race outside of a monogamous relationship as well.

Like I said, sex is a physical act.  Sperm meeting egg is a physical act.  Having a baby is a physical act.  Lust is a driver in a physical world.

...but it can also be a destructive force.

So I think you and Dove are both partially correct.

RW

Quote from: "J0E"
Quote from: "RW"Lust can be channeled to procreate and propogate (THANK YOU!  That was the word I couldn't remember!) the human race outside of a monogamous relationship as well.

...but it can also be a destructive force.

So I think you and Dove are both partially correct.

Sure but a necessary one.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "seoulbro"If christianity was an occupation Fash would be employee of the year. If opposition to it was also an occupation, RW would be fired. :laugh3:

I don't oppose Christianity.  I just think it (and other religions) makes rules that counter human nature such as lust.

Human nature is flawed.

RW

"All things turtle are turtle."

-Emerson
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"

Human nature is flawed.

What are those flaws, exactly?

RW

We create Gods and make them make the rules so we have someone to blame when shit goes sideways :D
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

And we thus lose sight of the fact that we are a flawed creature.

RW

Oh no no.  We have religions reminding us of that fact.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

But the religious believe they are perfect...

RW

No they don't.  They know they are sinners like the rest of us.  They just try harder to be Godly than some of us do.
Beware of Gaslighters!