The best topic

Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Is Lust a Sin?

Started by J0E, January 01, 2016, 09:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I'd like to see how you derived "follow these rules" from a book that teaches that we are legit spiritually dead and can't do anything to save ourselves.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Dove"

Cut the crap Dove. Quit making excuses for religion's fight against human nature.

Religion is part of human nature. Just saying.  And trying to compare healthy balanced attractions and compatability to lust is a fallicy, as is claiming sex is a meaningless physical act.  If that's true, you'd be cool with your husband doing it with whomever he wishes....and we both know you wouldnt.

I agree that the construct of religion is part of the human condition but that doesn't mean it's controlling rules don't go against our human nature.  

I said sex was a physical act and it is.

Please don't assume you know anything about my marriage because you'd find yourself being very wrong.

Sex is not just physical.  Back the claim.   I don't know crap about your marriage.  But if Sex WAS just physical, no one would care about monogamy. It ain't taking a bike ride with friend or a handshske, rw. It's an intimate joining.

RW

Cut the crap Dove. Quit making excuses for religion's fight against human nature.

Religion is part of human nature. Just saying.  And trying to compare healthy balanced attractions and compatability to lust is a fallicy, as is claiming sex is a meaningless physical act.  If that's true, you'd be cool with your husband doing it with whomever he wishes....and we both know you wouldnt.

I agree that the construct of religion is part of the human condition but that doesn't mean it's controlling rules don't go against our human nature.  

Please don't assume you know anything about my marriage because you'd find yourself being very wrong.

Sex is not just physical.  Back the claim.   I don't know crap about your marriage.  But if Sex WAS just physical, no one would care about monogamy. It ain't taking a bike ride with friend or a handshske, rw. It's an intimate joining.

Sex: heterosexual intercourse involving penetration of the vagina by the penis :  coitus

That's from this book called the Dictionary.  

Whatever other touchy feely stuff you want to tie to this physical act is your business.

A lot of people don't care about monogamy.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

And a lot of people do. In fact, science says during sex/orgasm, women release oxcytocin. The bonding hormone.  Science also says sex is connected to our sense of self and we'll being.  So, many women not caring about monogamy don't trump people who do, and certainly doesn't make a case for sex being "just physical".  There is more involved in sex than sticking a penis in a vagina. You are aware that people have sex for reasons beyond getting off, right?

RW

You can sit and have feelings for someone and you aren't having sex.

You can love someone and you aren't having sex.

You can be aroused by someone and you aren't having sex.

Your body can be producing hormones and pheromones and you aren't having sex.

You can think of reasons for having sex and you still aren't having sex.

You put a penis in a vagina.  VOILA!  You're having sex.

Sex is a physical act.

And I honestly can't believe I'm explaining how sex works to a fucking grown-up.

:oeudC:
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Nobody expects non believers to follow a Godly blueprint for intimacy..

But, this seems to have taken on a personal nature..

I love discussing God's plan for those that love him, but I'm uncomfortable discussing marriage problems of other people..

I'm unqualified to give any counselling..

There are qualified Christian and secular professionals for that.

RW

Yes, we are all aware of personal issues around sex.  You've made it all very clear for us thank you. / well, in all fairness, you've been bringing your religious srxual oppression as if it somehow debunks lust as a sin. It doesnt.

Um no I haven't.  Please LTR.

QuoteScripture will say whatever the hell you want it to say or whatever someone else pushes you to believe it says.  It's why we have so many religions in the first place./ this is what is called a fallicy.  Back this claim.

Are you denying the existence of other religions that all use the Bible now?  Last time I checked, other religions exist.  Consider my claim backed up and my face palmed.

QuoteLast time I checked, Catholics and Christians read the same Bible./ check again. The Catholic bible is different. They do NOT read the same bible.

So you guys don't read the KJV or the NIV?

QuoteThe bible is pretty clear on shame.  It says don't feel shame when you are doing things to honour God like testifying about him and Jesus but it says sin is always a cause for shame because sin is behavior that dishonours God (See Ezekiel, Romans, and Thessalonians for details)./ likewise, see Psalms, Luke, John, Romans, et. Also I'd like to see the exact verses and explore your exegesis.

Oh now Ms. Holier-than-thou, shouldn't YOU know which verses discuss shame?  I believe if you want to know, what was it you said to me the other day about sex ed in your neck of the woods?  Oh yeah, look it up yourself.

QuoteWhat you aren't getting is that sex and human nature existed before religion.  Before marriage and all the rest of this scripture crap./ what YOU are getting is that God existed before any of it. Unless you have found, and can provide strong for the cause of the universe. The God of the bible we are discussing created the universe....so....He is the first, in caused cause.  We could go into the cosmological argument and go the way of apologetics. But you'd have to get over this whole "religion! Religion!"  stuff. and get objective.

I already foresaw this rant.  My point is that religion makes lust a bad thing.  I think it's part of human nature.  It's part of procreation.  We can live without marriage.  We cannot live without sexual desire.

QuoteI just realised that you don't believe in life before religion./ I don't believe in religion, as I've stated SEVERAL TIMES.  I also don't believe in the whole flipping universe suddenly poofing itself into existence and life booming from non life and magically arranging itself into every living species we see today, and since the bible has more evidence to its truth than any other "religious" text and I've personally experienced the healing power of God, I'm not blindly following a random belief system I pulled out of hat. But thank you, for the assumptions.

Sorry, that was a crack at what to expect as a reply.  I wasn't disappointed.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

All I know is that I am a sinful man and proud of it. :laugh3:

RW

Oh good.  It means you're human.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Oh good.  It means you're human.

Dove and Fash are human too, even though they put their trust in dieties. It's not for me, but it does not affect me either, so I do not care.

RW

I know they are human.

Silly man.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

So, would someone please explain to me why what is written in the bible is sacrosanct?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"So, would someone please explain to me why what is written in the bible is sacrosanct?

If you are not a believer why would you care?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "RW"Oh good.  It means you're human.

Dove and Fash are human too, even though they put their trust in dieties. It's not for me, but it does not affect me either, so I do not care.

There seems to be a misconception in the secular world that Christianity is about imposing values instead of being ambassadors for Christ.

J0E

Quote from: "RW"Lust is a strong desire for something.  If that's the case, why it is I can't lust for my husband?

You can. In a marriage it's not lust. In fact, biblically, your husband can't deny you unless he is fasting/praying.  He HAS to put out.  Lol.

Why is it not lust?
 Because you are joined with that person.  It's not lust. Lust is a drive for things that are not yours. Like coveting, only sexual.

This statement reminds me of the late Congressman Henry Hyde of Illinois, who while married had an affair with a young 20 something while he was a representative of the Illinois legislature. 'Mr. Hyde' just like Robert Louis Stevenson's character, committed acts of evil. Perhaps the worst during his lifetime was stealing another man's wife - while they were married and the husband affected was in a vulnerable position of having to take care of 3 young children.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/170000/images/_173202_hyde300.jpg">http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/170000/im ... yde300.jpg">http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/170000/images/_173202_hyde300.jpg[/img]

The Sleazy Republican Congressman 'Mr. Hyde' and his Mistress Whore

Hyde's actions had tremendous repercussions for the family of the young woman and her husband, Fred Snodgrass.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/events/clinton_under_fire/latest_news/173202.stm">http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/events/clint ... 173202.stm">http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/events/clinton_under_fire/latest_news/173202.stm

QuoteAs debate intensifies over whether to release President Clinton's video-taped testimony to the grand jury, the head of the Judiciary committee, which has the power to launch impeachment proceedings, has suddenly come under the spotlight.

Henry Hyde, chair of the House of Representatives' Judiciary Committee, has admitted to carrying on a five-year relationship with a younger married woman 30 years ago.

Henry Hyde, then 41-years-old and married, was a lawyer and rising star in Republican state politics. When asked, he described the relationship as a "youthful indiscretion" and labelled the allegations as an attempt to intimidate him.

The affair

The story broke when Salon, a politically influential San Francisco-based Internet magazine, published a story chartering Mr Hyde's affair with Cherie Snodgrass, a former beautician. The headline read: This hypocrite broke up my family, The secret affair of Henry Hyde, the man who will judge President Clinton.

According to the article, Mr Hyde's relationship with Mrs Snodgrass, who had three small children, lasted from 1965 to 1969.

Henry Hyde released the following statement: "Suffice it to say Cherie Snodgrass and I were good friends a long, long time ago. After Mr Snodgrass confronted my wife, the friendship ended and my marriage remained intact."

"The only purpose for this being dredged up now is an obvious attempt to intimidate me and it won't work. I intend to fulfil my constitutional duty."

Fred Snodgrass, a 76-year-old Florida retiree, and Cherie Snodgrass's former husband said Henry Hyde was a "hypocrite" who broke up his family.

Republicans defend Hyde

The House Majority Whip Tom DeLay, a Republican, reacted to the story saying, "It is sad that the president's attack dogs don't know the difference between breaking the law and making a mistake decades ago."

"Nobody doubts the credibility of Henry Hyde. Nobody doubts his sense of fairness and his sense of honor," he added.

In an editorial accompanying the story, Salon Magazine, a self-proclaimed "outspoken critic of Kenneth Starr's investigation", insisted that publishing the piece was not a "pro-Clinton" gesture.

The editorial went on to suggest that in the "brave new world" created by the Clinton-Lewinsky scandal, private lives of public figures are no longer off limits.

Revelations about other Congressmen and women were predicted. Almost as soon as he received the Starr report, Mr Hyde warned fellow committee members that the president's supporters might try to dig up dirt on them.

He called it a "scorched earth" policy - suggesting that members of Congress sitting in judgement on the president will themselves be judged.

Hyde later spearheaded the impeachment of Bill Clinton because of his extramarital affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky

Mr. Henry Hyde, may you rot in hell. ac_drinks