Replies: 10386
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:44 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Reggie Essent

Bucket List.....

Started by Obvious Li, January 01, 2013, 04:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obvious Li

I started thinking about this whole concept of a bucket list a few years ago...i suspect that it is more common among folks approaching a certain age and realizing that if you are hoping to get it all in while you are able...you better write it down,organize/prioritize things and get started......it all began with this job i now have.......i had a very long and stressful career in the financial industry, so one of my goals when i left was to do something with absolutely no stress.....i was hanging around at my daughters in Vancouver, getting very bored when one day i just thought  "what the the heck" and applied online at every golf course in Saskatchewan.....thus my current job at a golf course......this position has allowed me to live close to, and take care of, my mother who i hadn't seen much as i was over seas for so many years...and it allowed me to fulfill one of my dreams which was to work at a golf course at a sport i love.....further to this it was close to the place i grew up, so i am able to relive a lot of my childhood/teenage activities.......and it has been just so much fun......the reason i mention this is it just seems to me that with one small goal in mind of getting a non-stressful job to fill my time it turned out that i was able to fulfill a whole bunch of items on my "Bucketlist" with out actually planning them all out...some times the universe does unfold exactly as it should.

Last night i got a call from an old friend of mine who runs a pipeline company....he knows how much i always wanted to go back up north and work on a pipeline crew and now it's a green light...way up in the bush in an isolated camp with a bunch of pipeliners....i can hardly wait.....i have to have my gear packed and ready early next week.......he has promised i can run a Dozer or Backhoe ......whoopeee (but i don't care what)......just like old times.  I guess we stay in camp until around mid march when the Cariboo start to move then the job gets shut down. Great to have friends that remember you.

Happy 2013 ya all

Obvious Li

Last night i got a call from an old friend of mine who runs a pipeline company....he knows how much i always wanted to go back up north and work on a pipeline crew and now it's a green light...way up in the bush in an isolated camp with a bunch of pipeliners....i can hardly wait.....i have to have my gear packed and ready early next week.......he has promised i can run a Dozer or Backhoe ......whoopeee (but i don't care what)......just like old times.  I guess we stay in camp until around mid march when the Cariboo start to move then the job gets shut down. Great to have friends that remember you.

Happy 2013 ya all[/quote]

Gawd I love your adventurous spirit Munday. Best of luck to you my friend. Let me know if I can be of any help to you.[/quote]

hahaha Shen Li.....you shoulda been my wingman when i was conquering the world.....your feet would have hardly ever touched the ground...... :D