Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

I fucking HATE the Oscars

Started by Bricktop, January 16, 2016, 03:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

I just want to know what's happening in my world at present, locally, nationally, internationally. So, who wins the best actor award is not critical knowledge for me but I might look it up just in case I have seen the movie and I may agree or not. Films for me are another form of art I enjoy. So, I appreciate when the actors playing the myriad roles are good at what they do and deserve to win their award.

I do not consider them great human beings though. They are just human like you and I but with great jobs and salaries.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I just want to know what's happening in my world at present, locally, nationally, internationally. So, who wins the best actor award is not critical knowledge for me but I might look it up just in case I have seen the movie and I may agree or not. Films for me are another form of art I enjoy. So, I appreciate when the actors playing the myriad roles are good at what they do and deserve to win their award.

I do not consider them great human beings though. They are just human like you and I but with great jobs and salaries.

I don't understand why anyone would care about these people.

J0E

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I just want to know what's happening in my world at present, locally, nationally, internationally. So, who wins the best actor award is not critical knowledge for me but I might look it up just in case I have seen the movie and I may agree or not. Films for me are another form of art I enjoy. So, I appreciate when the actors playing the myriad roles are good at what they do and deserve to win their award.

I don't understand why anyone would care about these people.

...Movies are so expensive now. $11, 12, upwards of $15 a ticket depending upon the occasion or night.

There was a time when it cost just a dime or quarter to see them. Even with the factor of inflation, today's movies should cost the theatre patron no more than $4 or $5 in line with what people used to pay. So..there's been a real jump in prices in constant dollars.

Movies, which were once meant for the working masses, is slowly getting out of reach for many of them. It must cost a small fortune for a family of four to attend one these days. $40-$60? if you factor in popcorn, pop, candy, etc.

The irony is,  that a person can see live theater, such as a play for about the same price in some places now. So that's a reversal of the purpose for what movies were once intended - to replace the function of watching live performances which were largely intended for the rich.

Bricktop

Look at some of the previous winners..."Chariots of Fire" (an English movie), "The Hurt Locker", "The English Patient" and the worst of them all, a 2 hour gabfest of banal repartee and meaningless blathering called "Birdman". I've never seen "!2 Years A Slave" and have no wish to.

Absolute bollocks.