The best topic

Replies: 10492
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 29, 2024, 06:18:09 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

They keep dropping.

Started by Bricktop, January 18, 2016, 05:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Cokie Roberts, broadcast journalism legend, dies at 75

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=200]T. Boone Pickens remembered fondly by Calgary friends[/size]

calgaryherald.com/business/local-business/t-boone-pickens-remembered-fondly-by-calgary-friends

The larger-than-life businessman earned his fame and fortune in the 1970s and 1980s through his Mesa Petroleum Co., one of the largest independent U.S. producers of oil and gas, and his Dallas-based BP Capital LLC.

But before that, Pickens — whose net worth was US$3 billion in 2007 according to Forbes magazine, though that had fallen to US$950 million in 2013 — spent several years in Calgary in the late 1950s and 1960s. Even after he left and his career and celebrity status skyrocketed, he stayed in touch with some of his old Calgary friends.

Jeff Hotchkiss, the son of Calgary philanthropist and business leader Harley Hotchkiss, said Thursday he was sorry to hear of Pickens' death. Pickens and Harley Hotchkiss had been close friends, and Pickens kept in touch with the rest of the Hotchkiss family even after Harley's death in 2011. Over the decades, Pickens regularly visited the Hotchkiss family in Calgary and they made several visits to his Texas ranch.

"He and my dad were buddies for a good reason. They loved a good laugh, they loved a good adventure," Hotchkiss said. "Boone with that southern drawl, he had all those funny expressions. You could just listen to him for hours, with all his experiences and the way he talked. It was great fun for all of us."
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"[size=200]T. Boone Pickens remembered fondly by Calgary friends[/size]

calgaryherald.com/business/local-business/t-boone-pickens-remembered-fondly-by-calgary-friends

The larger-than-life businessman earned his fame and fortune in the 1970s and 1980s through his Mesa Petroleum Co., one of the largest independent U.S. producers of oil and gas, and his Dallas-based BP Capital LLC.

But before that, Pickens — whose net worth was US$3 billion in 2007 according to Forbes magazine, though that had fallen to US$950 million in 2013 — spent several years in Calgary in the late 1950s and 1960s. Even after he left and his career and celebrity status skyrocketed, he stayed in touch with some of his old Calgary friends.

Jeff Hotchkiss, the son of Calgary philanthropist and business leader Harley Hotchkiss, said Thursday he was sorry to hear of Pickens' death. Pickens and Harley Hotchkiss had been close friends, and Pickens kept in touch with the rest of the Hotchkiss family even after Harley's death in 2011. Over the decades, Pickens regularly visited the Hotchkiss family in Calgary and they made several visits to his Texas ranch.

"He and my dad were buddies for a good reason. They loved a good laugh, they loved a good adventure," Hotchkiss said. "Boone with that southern drawl, he had all those funny expressions. You could just listen to him for hours, with all his experiences and the way he talked. It was great fun for all of us."

RIP

Anonymous

Former French president Jacques Chirac dies at age 86.

Anonymous

Cream drummer Ginger Baker dies at age eighty.

Anonymous

Comedian Rip Taylor dies at age eighty four.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Cream drummer Ginger Baker dies at age eighty.

A great pioneering rock drummer.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Cream drummer Ginger Baker dies at age eighty.

Great band, great drummer. RIP Ginger Baker.

Blazor

I missed this one, Sid Haig (most known as  Captain Spaulding), died September 21st, 80 years old.

https://media.giphy.com/media/EP3U80EkXNEYM/giphy.gif">

https://giffiles.alphacoders.com/176/17672.gif">
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"I missed this one, Sid Haig (most known as  Captain Spaulding), died September 21st, 80 years old.

https://media.giphy.com/media/EP3U80EkXNEYM/giphy.gif">

https://giffiles.alphacoders.com/176/17672.gif">

Never heard of him.

Bricktop

Cap'n Spalding....come for the gas...stay for the chicken...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Cap'n Spalding....come for the gas...stay for the chicken...

ac_dunno

kiebers

More and more great ones almost every day.

Founding member of Lynyrd Skynyrd and longtime 38 Special bassist Larry Junstrom passed away over the weekend. He was 70 years old.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Cap'n Spalding....come for the gas...stay for the chicken...

ac_dunno

">

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"More and more great ones almost every day.

Founding member of Lynyrd Skynyrd and longtime 38 Special bassist Larry Junstrom passed away over the weekend. He was 70 years old.

I don't know him, but I sure know his bsnds.