News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Taking the hunger out of hunger striking....

Started by Obvious Li, January 09, 2013, 12:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Obvious Li

lololol..this is too good

As Chief Teresa Spence approaches the one-month mark in her highly publicized hunger strike on Parliament Hill, observers are starting to take note of how healthy and vigorous she continues to look, her cheeks round and dappled, her double chin full. How is this possible, pundits are asking, on a diet reportedly confined to fish broth and moose soup?

Chuck Wagon Foods, makers of canned soups and stews and the popular Raging Grizzly line of beef jerky products, has provided the answer. In a press conference earlier this week, Chuck Wagon CEO Willis Rank revealed that the fish soup upon which Chief Spence has been subsisting is in fact Chuck Wagon Seafood Gumbo Supreme, advertised as "So Thick and Hearty You Can Eat It With a Fork."

And the moose soup Chief Spence consumes by way of variation? "Why, that's our own Chuck Wagon Moose 'n More in the 18 ounce can," says Rank. "We've been delivering it to Chief Spence by the case."

The revelation has market gurus taking notice. According to Ray Bloom of the marketing firm Sell Like Hell Inc., "This is something really new. The corporate sponsorship of hunger strikes has never been tried before but we foresee great potential."

Sell Like Hell Inc. is behind the hunger strike camp set up on Tuesday at Queen's Park by high school teacher and political activist Ringstead Moore. Moore has vowed that, unless he is granted a meeting with Premier Dalton McGuinty, he will continue his hunger strike "to the end."

Moore's hunger strike is being sponsored by Feed Lot Products, a competitor of Chuck Wagon Foods in the canned soups and stews market. Moore has reportedly signed an exclusive agreement with Feed Lot to subsist solely on the company's Chicken 'n Sweet Pumpkin Curry and its Beef 'n Mushroom Stroganoff for the duration of his hunger strike. The contract also stipulates that any meeting Moore agrees to with Premier McGuinty must include a meal at which the two may be photographed consuming a Feed Lot product.

cc

I don't see a source, but it makes a lot of sense. With or without this knowledge, clearly the whole thing is a scam.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Obvious Li

Quote from: "cc li tarte"I don't see a source, but it makes a lot of sense. With or without this knowledge, clearly the whole thing is a scam.

i can get you the source if you like..it is off some blog...i'm sure it will prove itself eith true or false soon enough..pls see below

Obvious Li

the silly cow has pretty much lost all credibility..

Chief Theresa Spence changes her mind, won't attend meeting with PM

QMI Agency

First posted: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 10:41 AM MST

ANDRE FORGET/QMI AGENCY

OTTAWA — Attawapiskat Chief Theresa Spence, who says she hasn't eaten solid food in weeks to protest the federal government, won't attend a meeting between aboriginal leaders and Prime Minister Stephen Harper Friday because Gov. Gen. David Johnston didn't RSVP.

Last week, a Spence spokesman said she would attend the meeting. At this point, it's unclear if Johnston will attend.

Spence's team released a statement Wednesday that says she has decided to boycott the meeting.

First Nations protesters have been calling for a meeting with Harper and Johnston because treaties were signed with the British Crown.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "cc li tarte"I don't see a source, but it makes a lot of sense. With or without this knowledge, clearly the whole thing is a scam.

source

Samuel Hawley

http://www.samuelhawley.com/hawleyscastle.html">http://www.samuelhawley.com/hawleyscastle.html

Gary Oak

There is always the distinct possiblity that this hunger strike in  Chief Teresa Spence's case is actually masking doctors orders