Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Draft Forum Rules

Started by RW, February 05, 2016, 07:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Then I would suggest that the mod/admin who made that decision did not act in the best interest of the forum.

No rules will change that mindset.

RW

That's all good and well but what was asked was your feedback on the rules not on the judgement calls of admins.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Then I would suggest that the mod/admin who made that decision did not act in the best interest of the forum.

I feel I did.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Then I would suggest that the mod/admin who made that decision did not act in the best interest of the forum.

I feel I did.

Then you did.

Its your popsicle stand, and if you're happy you made the right call, then you made the right call. Whether I agree with it or not is utterly insignificant.

easter bunny

Quote from: "RW"Your rules eh?  I came up with that too!

There are certain things hat should be laid out but no one looks at them anyway so they kind of just a formality.  There will always be situations that arise that rules don't cover.

I'll also likely do up a mod guide as well for consistency.

I think you came up with this one too. It still makes me laugh.   :laugh:
QuoteThe management reserves the right to edit or delete any content deemed to be offensive and to limit the posting privileges of any member because fuck you.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"

I feel I did.

Then you did.

Its your popsicle stand, and if you're happy you made the right call, then you made the right call. Whether I agree with it or not is utterly insignificant.

Agreed, but so is sending the person in question away for a week. If he's not begging for attention here, he'll do it elsewhere.

RW

Quote from: "easter bunny"
Quote from: "RW"Your rules eh?  I came up with that too!

There are certain things hat should be laid out but no one looks at them anyway so they kind of just a formality.  There will always be situations that arise that rules don't cover.

I'll also likely do up a mod guide as well for consistency.

I think you came up with this one too. It still makes me laugh.   :laugh:
QuoteThe management reserves the right to edit or delete any content deemed to be offensive and to limit the posting privileges of any member because fuck you.

Sounds like something I'd say hahahaha
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

I feel I did.

Then I think you owe it to those who contribute positively to this place to explain why, in your judgment, the ongoing presence of this deranged clown is in the best interests of the forum.

RW

You and everyone else post here on my dime and through the efforts of Fash and I and you have the gall to say we are indebted to you in some way?

She and I both don't owe you or any one else who posts here a damn thing.  I want to be very clear about that.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Is that so?

Well, no...you don't owe me a debt. I cannot recall where I actually said you did.

What you do owe me is a reason that I should stay and contribute, rather than go elsewhere. If, on the other hand, you feel that no such justification is required, perhaps you should return to Van, where you'd feel more at home...oh, wait...you can't.

See, Vesna held the contemptible view that she could act without concern or consideration of her members.

See where that got her?

RW

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Is that so?

Well, no...you don't owe me a debt. I cannot recall where I actually said you did.

What you do owe me is a reason that I should stay and contribute, rather than go elsewhere. If, on the other hand, you feel that no such justification is required, perhaps you should return to Van, where you'd feel more at home...oh, wait...you can't.

See, Vesna held the contemptible view that she could act without concern or consideration of her members.

See where that got her?

I think it was more because she actually perpetuated bad blood within the membership by saying all sorts of heinous things to posters.  I could be wrong but considering she's still doing it a year later to the same people who aren't even there any more, but I doubt I am.  

Having learned a bit from her moderating mistakes, we have put the rejects up in one corner of the forum out of consideration for our membership.  It allows for those who wish to talk to or just beat on the Mels and Odis of the world to do so without the whole forum turning into one big outhouse.  That is what is known as compromise.

Once again, we don't owe you a reason as to why you should keep posting here.  That's for you to decide for yourself but I think we've tried to be pretty fair and reasonable in our approach to moderating and hope you not only recognise that, but continue contributing the meaningful content we appreciate so much.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

You have not answered my question.

Where is the benefit in enabling these weasels to post her at all?

You claim you owe good members no reason, yet you seem to think you owe these scoundrels a place to post. I'm still waiting for an answer to that question.

RW

Sorry but I don't have that answer for you.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Then, before you discuss "rules" and moderation, I suggest you find the answer.