Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Draft Forum Rules

Started by RW, February 05, 2016, 07:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Honestly, I think people like having a couple kickballs to boot around.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Then, ask them.

Poll thread, please.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Then, before you discuss "rules" and moderation, I suggest you find the answer.

If no answer is found, no fucks will be given.

Renee

Quote from: "RW"You and everyone else post here on my dime and through the efforts of Fash and I and you have the gall to say we are indebted to you in some way?

She and I both don't owe you or any one else who posts here a damn thing.  I want to be very clear about that.

:signes-smileys-emoticons174:

Even though I fully realize that you and Fash owe us nothing. I never thought I would have it slammed in my face like that.

Thanks for the learning experience. ac_unsure
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "RW"You and everyone else post here on my dime and through the efforts of Fash and I and you have the gall to say we are indebted to you in some way?

She and I both don't owe you or any one else who posts here a damn thing.  I want to be very clear about that.

Even though I fully realize that you and Fash owe us nothing. I never thought I would have it slammed in my face like that.

It was more slammed in Crow's face.  I will never shy away from keeping it real Renee and that is the reality of that reminder.  When the word "owe" gets chucked in my face or Fash's face, I have no problem setting the record straight.

In no way does that mean I don't love and value you as posters.  We are having this discussion because I care about what you have to say about how a place you invest your time in is run.  Please keep that in mind before you get too pissed at me.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"

It was more slammed in Crow's face.  I will never shy away from keeping it real Renee and that is the reality of that reminder.  When the word "owe" gets chucked in my face or Fash's face, I have no problem setting the record straight.

In no way does that mean I don't love and value you as posters.  We are having this discussion because I care about what you have to say about how a place you invest your time in is run.  Please keep that in mind before you get too pissed at me.

No need to explain. It is what it is.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Quote from: "RW"

No need to explain. It is what it is.

I don't think it is.  I think it is me countering language, not slapping you in the face.  And it's especially not me saying I don't value all of you decent folks.
Beware of Gaslighters!

easter bunny

I never take the rules personally, since I don't usually break them, and if I do then they probably needed to be broken. =)

And to the people who pay the rent and keep the place nice and clean..

acc_hugz

Bricktop

OK.

Let me address this attitude. Forum proprietors too often adopt a position of "its MY forum, so fuck you". See Van at Memebee for more information.

That is, in my view, erroneous and a recipe for failure.

Forums are as dependent on their contributors as they are on their proprietors. One does not exist without the other. Proprietors, if they wish their forum to survive and grow, need to accommodate the general wishes of their contributors in terms of what sort of forum environment they prefer.

We are here on your dime...but you have a forum because of our collective dimes. Don't forget that. Otherwise...no forum.

RW

I was countering YOUR language, not rubbing my ownership in your face.  I wasn't suggesting you OWE me anything either.  I understand the symbiosis of the relationship.  More importantly, I RESPECT your contributions.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

I know. I think it needed clarification, because Renee took umbrage when I know that wasn't your intent.