Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Spring Is Here! In Vancouver

Started by Annie, February 13, 2016, 01:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

I can feel it, smell it, see it. It's here! At least in the Metro Vancouver area it is.  In the beginning of spring my lips always get a little chapped even though I drink lots of water, my skin gets a little greasier and I have a few break outs when I never get pimples at any other time. My cheeks get flushed and the temperature in the house seems higher when the heat is off. Also, our oldest cat always starts to shed at the beginning of every Spring. Sooo it's Spring! Today I was out in the beautiful sunshine with just a light sweater  ac_smile
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Manitobans never got the message.
QuoteWinnipeg back under extreme cold warning

WINNIPEG — Parts of the province are back under an extreme cold warning.

Environment Canada says with the wind, it feels like -39 Celsius in Winnipeg.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2512726/extreme-cold-warning-issued-for-almost-all-of-manitoba/">http://globalnews.ca/news/2512726/extre ... -manitoba/">http://globalnews.ca/news/2512726/extreme-cold-warning-issued-for-almost-all-of-manitoba/

Annie

I've been up north when it was that cold, 30 -40 below.  I was told to not take your gloves off when you go to open the door to a store. Thank gawd I listened lol.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"I've been up north when it was that cold, 30 -40 below.  I was told to not take your gloves off when you go to open the door to a store. Thank gawd I listened lol.

We've had a very mild El Nino year this year. A lot less snow than normal too. I just hope we don't get a late spring.

Anonymous

We're having a pleasant winter too.

Annie

Sounds like your Spring is around the corner, Shen!

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"Sounds like your Spring is around the corner, Shen!

I haven't looked at the forecast longer term, but we got another mild week ahead. Saskatchewan and Manitoba will be cold.

Anonymous

I see Ottawa will be close to minus 50 with windchill today.

:ohmy:

Renee

We have temps of around 17°F with wind chills of 10 below 0°F this weekend. I just got in from stacking a cord of wood and I'm frozen to the bone.

No spring in sight here.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"We have temps of around 17°F with wind chills of 10 below 0°F this weekend. I just got in from stacking a cord of wood and I'm frozen to the bone.

No spring in sight here.

You guys are getting that same cold front that's hitting Toronto.

Anonymous

It's minus at home today. It's going to be a mild week and I should be home next weekend. Hopefully we get lots of rain this spring because the snow cover on my crops is low this year.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"We have temps of around 17°F with wind chills of 10 below 0°F this weekend. I just got in from stacking a cord of wood and I'm frozen to the bone.

No spring in sight here.

Do you cut your own Renee?

Renee

Quote from: "Herman"

No spring in sight here.

God no. I have it delivered.

My dad knows an excavator/landscaper who always has an ass load of split wood. He delivers it for a reasonable price.

Good thing too because the two wood stoves in the house provide the lion share of the heat in this place.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

No spring in sight here.

My dad knows an excavator/landscaper who always has an ass load of split wood. He delivers it for a reasonable price.

Good thing too because the two wood stoves in the house provide the lion share of the heat in this place.

I knew you were a city gal, but I know some city people take the pick up and chainsaw out of town and get their own.

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"

No spring in sight here.

I knew you were a city gal, but I know some city people take the pick up and chainsaw out of town and get their own.

I'm not entirely a city girl but I'm no lumberjack either. :laugh3: