The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Why Donald Trump could win the White House

Started by eagle, February 28, 2016, 03:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

eagle

Unlike politicians, Donald Trump has never had to learn to hide his true feelings in order to win the approval of the majority, so he's not particularly adept in the art of political correctness. In fact, it's pretty obvious that he's terrible at it, much to the delight of his opponents. Every time he makes another mistake they pounce on it, holding it up for all to see, thinking that this will be the one that will destroy his credibility once and for all, and every time they do, it backfires on them.

What his adversaries don't seem to realize is that the playing field has changed drastically since they first learned the game. In a world where information was strictly controlled by a chosen few, the shaping of public opinion was a slow and tedious process. The acceleration provided by the electronic printing press has caught them all off guard, while its inherent leakiness has revealed most of them to be professional liars.

Attacking Trump by taking his words out of context only reinforces that idea. What they are effectively doing is ridiculing him for his honesty. It's not the best of strategies in an environment where the vast majority of voters are sick and tired of being lied to, and increasingly afraid for their safety. From Trump's perspective you couldn't ask for a better situation. He's a novice at the game of chess he's now playing. His opponents however, are still playing checkers.

Anonymous

Quote from: "eagle"Unlike politicians, Donald Trump has never had to learn to hide his true feelings in order to win the approval of the majority, so he's not particularly adept in the art of political correctness. In fact, it's pretty obvious that he's terrible at it, much to the delight of his opponents. Every time he makes another mistake they pounce on it, holding it up for all to see, thinking that this will be the one that will destroy his credibility once and for all, and every time they do, it backfires on them.

What his adversaries don't seem to realize is that the playing field has changed drastically since they first learned the game. In a world where information was strictly controlled by a chosen few, the shaping of public opinion was a slow and tedious process. The acceleration provided by the electronic printing press has caught them all off guard, while its inherent leakiness has revealed most of them to be professional liars.

Attacking Trump by taking his words out of context only reinforces that idea. What they are effectively doing is ridiculing him for his honesty. It's not the best of strategies in an environment where the vast majority of voters are sick and tired of being lied to, and increasingly afraid for their safety. From Trump's perspective you couldn't ask for a better situation. He's a novice at the game of chess he's now playing. His opponents however, are still playing checkers.

He will not win in November.

eagle

If there's another terrorist attack it'll be a landslide..

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Too soon to say, Herman. Too soon.

Azhya, I read there are two dozen Republican congressmen who said they cannot support Trump if he is the nominee for president. I read that Ted Cruz has left the door open to running on a joint ticket with Rubio. About sixty per cent of Republicans won't vote for Trump, so how could he win a general election?

@realAzhyaAryola

I cringe at the thought of this bluffer as President:

">https://youtu.be/8INIH0JfNA8
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Herman"
Azhya, I read there are two dozen Republican congressmen who said they cannot support Trump if he is the nominee for president. I read that Ted Cruz has left the door open to running on a joint ticket with Rubio. About sixty per cent of Republicans won't vote for Trump, so could he win a general election?

I don't know the answer to that. We shall see what happens.
@realAzhyaAryola

RW

If he's up against Clinton, he would have a really good shot IMHO.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"If he's up against Clinton, he would have a really good shot IMHO.

It will be Hillary and it will be Donald. Hillary will beat the Donald and by a good margin too. If it was Rubio against Hillary, Rubio would win.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I cringe at the thought of this bluffer as President:

">https://youtu.be/8INIH0JfNA8
You are not going to like this, but she will be the next president.

@realAzhyaAryola

I'm impressed that there are folks here in the know, who can foretell the future. Incredible.  :thumbup:
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I'm impressed that there are folks here in the know, who can foretell the future. Incredible.  :thumbup:

I get your point Azhya, but do you seriously see Hillary not getting the Democratic nomination? Do you see anyway that Trump will not have the GOP nomination all sewn up after super Tuesday? Do you see anyway that Trump could beat Hillary in November?

The Democrats are going to unload some dark secrets about Trump once they know for certain that is who they will face. Things like employing illegal aliens and not paying contractors when his businesses failed. They won't do it now, because it will only help Rubio and Hillary would lose to him.

eagle

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I'm impressed that there are folks here in the know, who can foretell the future. Incredible.  :thumbup:

:thumbup:

eagle

I don't think it matters if the GOP doesn't support Trump. The people are fed up with them (and the Dems too!)

Anonymous

Quote from: "eagle"I don't think it matters if the GOP doesn't support Trump. The people are fed up with them (and the Dems too!)

But there is a ceiling to the anti establishment vote.