News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10340
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:33:17 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

39C and thunderstorms; Welcome to Autumn in Oz.

Started by Bricktop, March 06, 2016, 01:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mona

Quote from: "RW"Wha wha wha!  Try -30C + wind chill or -5C with humidity.  Imagine swass that freezes your ass cheeks together.  :P

I'd rather deal with 40+ C heat than anything below 16C.   And you can forget subzero temperatures.  I have cold air induced asthma, and arthritis which is always more painful in the cold.  I was not built for the cold.  Give me the tropics any day.

RW

I overheat in the sun but I am sure I could get used to it.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Mona

I find it easier to cool down than warm up.  It doesn't matter how many layers of clothes I wear in the cold, I'm never warm enough.  But in heat, it's a simple matter of wearing hardly any clothing.  (So less washing, too, which is always a bonus.)

RW

I'd love to go down there and walk around in your winter wearing a t-shirt haha

It is easier to cool down than warm up.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mona"I find it easier to cool down than warm up.  It doesn't matter how many layers of clothes I wear in the cold, I'm never warm enough.  But in heat, it's a simple matter of wearing hardly any clothing.  (So less washing, too, which is always a bonus.)

Does it get cold where you live Mona?

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"ac_lmfao

I don't know where exactly Mona lives.

ac_dunno

Bricktop

Nowhere it gets cold, believe me.

They shiver at 20C.

Mona

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Mona"I find it easier to cool down than warm up.  It doesn't matter how many layers of clothes I wear in the cold, I'm never warm enough.  But in heat, it's a simple matter of wearing hardly any clothing.  (So less washing, too, which is always a bonus.)

No. Anything under 20C and I need a jumper.

RW

Are you being serious????  I keep my house at 19C.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mona"

Fifteen is a nice temperature..

Which city do you live in Mona?

Anonymous

It is going to be fifteen today and compared to last year at this time, that is like summer.

Mona

Fifteen is a nice temperature..

Which city do you live in Mona?

I don't like to pinpoint my exact location.  I'm on the East Coast, north of Sydney and south of Brisbane.  And I have lived in multiple locations from Sydney to the Sunshine Coast.

Mona

Quote from: "seoulbro"

It is going to be fifteen today and compared to last year at this time, that is like summer.

That is more like winter to me.

Bricktop

15c where you are is coat and hat weather!!!