The best topic

Replies: 10389
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:36:52 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

High School Memories

Started by Renee, March 08, 2016, 11:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Anyone do anything sex related within the walls of your high school?

Yes, I did several times.

Renee

I did a lot of crazy and frankly, rotten shit as a teenager but I don't think I ever thought of school as a place to have sex. In my mind, next to church, it's about as unsexy a place as it gets.

Now that doesn't include the grounds (sports fields, etc) or the student parking lot. ac_biggrin  ac_blush
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"I did a lot of crazy and frankly, rotten shit as a teenager but I don't think I ever thought of school as a place to have sex. In my mind, next to church, it's about as unsexy a place as it gets.

Now that doesn't include the grounds (sports fields, etc) or the student parking lot. ac_biggrin  ac_blush

School was just another place to party for me.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dove"In high school, I was mostly with the misfit crowd, but got along with everyone. I pretty much wrote bad poetry, wore cords, and lived in harmony house. I really wouldn't redo it lol.

You mean you had no problems with anyone Dove?
No no...Harmony House was a music store lol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "Dove"In high school, I was mostly with the misfit crowd, but got along with everyone. I pretty much wrote bad poetry, wore cords, and lived in harmony house. I really wouldn't redo it lol.

ac_blush

RW

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "RW"Anyone do anything sex related within the walls of your high school?

Yes, I did several times.

PHEWF!  I never had full on sex just an interesting experience in a stairwell with a guy in a younger grade once.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Can an American (or Canadian) explain the whole junior, sophomore, etc rankings please?  I don't know what is what.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Can an American (or Canadian) explain the whole junior, sophomore, etc rankings please?  I don't know what is what.

High school is 3 years in Alberta(grades 10-12) because we have junior high. However, I thought freshman, sophomore, junior and senior were grades 9, 10, 11 and 12. It works the same for uni.

Renee

I remember a Harmony Hut; was that the same? I believe they were bought out by the Sam Goody chain of music stores. Sam is now gone as well.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Can an American (or Canadian) explain the whole junior, sophomore, etc rankings please?  I don't know what is what.

HS is typically 4 years in the States, grade 9 thru grade 12. Jr. High is usually 3 years, grade 6 thru grade 8. In some districts grade 6 is still considered grammar school.

High School:

9th - Freshman....the year you get beat up a lot

10th - Sophomore...the year everyone forgets about

11th - Junior... The important year academically

12th - Senior.... The party before college. A year of lost brain cells.

That's the best way I can describe it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

I remember a Harmony Hut; was that the same? I believe they were bought out by the Sam Goody chain of music stores. Sam is now gone as well.

We had HMV.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Renee"

We had HMV.

I miss record stores. You could spend hours going through racks of albums and CDs. You can still find one on occasion but they are not the same.

Nowadays you just download music to your IPod, computer or phone. It's more convenient and cheaper but it lacks the same kind of fun.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Mona

I did, but not during the time I attended it.  One of my boyfriends and I utilised the facility on a weekend when I was showing him where I went to school.

I made it all the way through highschool as a virgin.  It was mostly because the thought of telling my dad that I was pregnant was terrifying enough to make me abstain.

That, and the fact that everyone thought I was such a goody two shoes that nobody made a move.  Not until later in my clubbing days, when I discovered that I was lusted after and liked way more than I would have considered possible.  I was the kid who never fit in, straight A student, transferred in partway through the year from an all girl's school, so everyone assumed that my initial shyness was snobbery.  The guys used to tease, and I always had an answer for them, and the girls resented the attention I got from the boys, so they were more than a little bitchy.   I had a close circle of friends, and we had a ball together, so I didn't really care what anyone else thought.

I'm not normally naive but twice I was blindsided by guys I'd gone to school with...  one I was hanging out with playing pool at his house one night after a party, and he was pouring his heart out asking advice on how to make a move on a girl he was into,   this guy was the most gorgeous and popular guy at school, who was one half of the couple everyone wanted to be, and he used to save me a seat in English so that I could explain and help him and a bunch of the other guys, and after I told him that the best approach was direct... he lunged across the lounge and kissed me.  I then realised that he was talking about me.  We dated for a while.

The second one was after I'd had my eldest and was back home living with my parents, I was out clubbing with some girlfriends and we ran into a couple of guys from school, and my friends wanted to go home early, so the guys told them that they'd drop me home.  One of them suggested we go to his place for a swim, and the other one drove us all there... then left.  I went into his place and sat down while he turned on music, and he sat next to me then also kissed me, then told me he'd been wanting to do that since high school.  I dated him for a while too, and I never did get around to swimming in his pool.

None of my friends could believe that I didn't see it coming that either of them were hitting on me. And didn't let me live it down for a very long time.

Renee

Quote from: "RW"I never went into them.

I did all the time. When me and my friends would skip school we would take the train into NYC and I used to search out the little hole in the wall record shops. You could find all kinds of obscure and hard to find shit in the used bins.

I remember one Saturday in the fall dragging my dad all over lower Manhattan when I was 15, just so I could find a copy of "Eden" by Blue Angel. He was thrilled. :laugh3: