Replies: 10398
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:28:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Happy International Women's Day.

Started by Bricktop, March 08, 2016, 06:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"See, this is how these stories are utter bullshit.

Women fail in male dominated vocations, and its the male's fault. Not theirs. Not their inability to operate in a hard, laborious and strenuous work environment. Nope. Men. Men who purportedly bully and harass, when they are probably trying to direct and guide females in tasks where lives are at risk. Where physical strength is essential. Where male aptitude flourishes.

And then they cite the saying "Ducks on the pond" when a female enters.

What fucking garbage. "Ducks on the pond" was male "code" for a female entering an all male domain, warning them to kerb their language lest they offend.

Nothing more.

Now, you want to see some discrimination? Apply for a job in a child day care centre as a male. See how many responses you get.

Actually if you read the accounts women have, men WON'T direct or guide them.  They leave them to figure it out on their own because they want them to go away, which in turn puts lives at risk.  If you'd be arsed to READ what those on these work sites who have first hand experience doing these jobs are saying, you could save yourself from looking foolish.

I fully concede to discrimination towards males in the realm of child care.  That stems from fear of children being sexually abused because last time I checked, it was your gender that cornered the market on pedophilia.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

So stereotyping males is OK, but its not OK to stereotype females.

Isn't that sexism.

I'm sorry, but your fatuous attempt to single out spot fires where some males haven't got the message (allegedly, I might point out) will not detract from the reality that in the vast majority of industries and employment, women get treated and paid equally.

You still seem unwilling to address the reverse discrimination in areas such as the public service, education, health and child care.

Oh, wait. You did. My mistake. Men are child molesters.

RW

I didn't say it was ok. It s indeed sexism. I ACKNOWLEDGED it happens and provided the reason for it in the job area you brought up.  It isn't because men are less nurturing or capable of child care. It's not because they don't have the ability to do the job.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"So stereotyping males is OK, but its not OK to stereotype females.

Isn't that sexism.

I'm sorry, but your fatuous attempt to single out spot fires where some males haven't got the message (allegedly, I might point out) will not detract from the reality that in the vast majority of industries and employment, women get treated and paid equally.

You still seem unwilling to address the reverse discrimination in areas such as the public service, education, health and child care.

Oh, wait. You did. My mistake. Men are child molesters.

I also have no problem addressing discrimination in areas that tend to be women dominated.  I accept the reverse as true as well.  I guess that's the difference between you and I.  I don't deny reality.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

No. You're just crusading for its own sake. A rebel needing a cause so that you can engage in argument and debate for your personal delight.

There's nothing like social inequity, perceived or real, to act as a lightning rod for those in our world that NEED some kind of battle to engage in, simply to make themselves feel better about themselves. Nowhere are they more prevalent than in the realm of academia, where such crusading is essential in order to acquire a piece of paper that declares you an expert.

But, of course, this academic realm shuts itself off from reality, and sees through "data" and "evidence", never having to get their hands dirty on the coalface.

Has it ever occurred to you that, given men and women are different in many ways, that DISCRIMINATION might be in everyone's best interest? That women AND men should accept that some rules are better suited to a specific gender? Equality does not mean "the same as". It means being treated no differently than anyone else.

Have you ever been in a patrol car with a female officer who is 5'2", 50 kilos, and has the physical strength of a 10 year old, when you're called to a brawl or riotous disturbance?

Have you been on a building site when a woman needs help to reach a high part of the wall, or cannot pick up the wheelbarrow full of rubble?

The thing is you don't HAVE to do jobs where you are simply not suited. How would women feel about male midwives?  

The point is this is not a perfect world, where genders are interchangeable. Its time you academic word warriors took a course in reality.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Renee"Yeah because attitudes and remarks like this which are all too common, are due to the "failure of women" in the workplace.

"THE DEAL: A female construction manager recalls a colleague's 'I want to fuck you' remark"

Somebody stuff a sock in that old relic's mouth. What an ancient piece of shit that old crow is and his attitude reflects it. It's a God damn travesty that in this day and age his kind of attitude still exists. :mad:

You're simply jealous that no-one says that to you.

Have you ever thought of engaging your brain before contributing? Its like opening your mouth before eating...it stops you making a mess of yourself.

Try it.

RW

Nothing to say about how cops treat women?

Yeah, didn't think so.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

You mean "allegedy".

I will never condone, as you WELL know, treating women disrespectfully in that manner, regardless of the environment. I am fully aware that in some areas, males are slow in learning the correct way to deal with people of any gender.  That does not mean that the conduct is institutionalised, and if it is, governments respond to implement policies to engineer the necessary changes where required.

Let me repeat...am fully aware that there are incidents occurring in western countries where women will feel demotivated in workplace participation.

Unlike you, I am fully aware that these incidents, at least in MY country are addressed on their merit, and if action is required to implement change, that action is taken.

Unlike you, I focus on reality, and believe there are some vocations that require a gender bias. Both ways.

RW

You're clueless, luckily I'm here to help.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

And you are delusional...but that's what happens when you live in an alternate reality concocted by self interested academics.

Grow up.

But take your time...

RW

Funny how no matter how many accounts fly by your face do you still deny reality.  

You say you don't condone mistreating women, and I believe you but what I can't believe is how you don't see how you perpetuate sexism through myth and ignorance.  I'm relieved that those who think like you do are on their way out of the work force so my daughter won't have to be subjected to this bullshit.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

RW

My son is taught women aren't lesser human beings.  

He also knows I'm his biggest advocate when it comes to fairness of his gender as well.  I took the time to learn the failings the school system has when it comes to boys and I have worked to change things so he can be successful.

I find my children amazing at reminding me to not fall into gender bullshit as I too am guilty of subscribing to them as they have been imparted on me for decades.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Unless you are an arab, we have never been taught that women are lesser beings.

What we did was follow the design of our physiology, which dictated that men were bigger, stronger and more capable of hunting, building and defending. We didn't ask for this discrepancy.

Thus, our civilisation grew from this foundation, which served us well when physical strength was a necessity in the workforce and men quite literally worked "harder". For reasons unclear, the value of work performed by women during the Industrial Revolution was considered less worthy by employers.

Eventually, women railed against this inequity as they were entitled to do. But in doing so, somehow characterised male dominance as some form of socio-economic plot to repress females, when we simply followed the well worn path. Yet feminists and devotees of harpies like Germaine Greer used this inequity to fuel a gender war, in which males were the target, and because of their past crimes, had to suck it up and take whatever blame they were given.

Like all significant social change in human history, we don't wake up one morning with a totally different attitude and perspective. Change takes time, and is not universally applied.

You have cited a number of examples where evidence implies males have discriminated against females (none for the reverse, I note). What you seem unwilling to accept is that we KNOW this is wrong, and measures are usually taken to correct it when it occurs. Its called a "change process".

You have failed to cite examples of reverse discrimination, however. One can only assume that you believe that discriminating against males is OK, because you are owed vengeance, retribution or compensation.

I will never accept that premise. Do not throw isolated examples at me without also recognising the reverse. Men are unwelcome in teaching and child care and nursing, yet this is not mentioned. Public service in this country has a policy of gender bias, apparently to equal the numbers of women in the bureaucracy. Is this OK?

No-one is more shrill, unreasonable and reactionary than a member of a group that has purportedly been treated inequitably. Perhaps I would be too. But the problem with "ism's" is that the combatants never know when the war is over, and its time to build peace.

You will not have peace as long as you continue to berate, whine, complain and discriminate.

RW

I don't believe in discrimination against males.  If you are basing the rest of your crap on the premise, you're off on the wrong foot.
Beware of Gaslighters!