Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

This is what unwanted flirting feels like

Started by shin, March 26, 2016, 10:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Renee"
"Miserable"? You sure about that or is that an assumption? :laugh3:

For a miserable person, you sure laugh a lot.

That's because I'm fucken funny.

Look at me, do I look miserable to you? ac_biggrin

no

Renee

I think the worst place to get hit on is at work. It's so uncomfortable.  :negative:

I work in the office portion of a large warehouse distribution center and there are a lot of young Hispanic men working in the warehouse, many don't speak much English but they all know the word "mommy" and they all know how to whistle.   :nea:

There are two in particular that have attached themselves to me and make it a habit of coming to see me with questions regarding their employee medical benefits, leave time and insurance options on an almost daily basis. They're all bullshit questions, some of which I've answered two and three times already. They are just excuses to hover around my desk, talk to me an look down my blouse. I refer to these two 20 something clowns as "the banana brothers" (not to their faces of course). One in particular is very forward and has almost no filter when he speaks to me. He's like a Columbian version of Odinson without the violent undertones. :laugh3:

2 weeks ago banana brother #1 comes to my desk and says:...."Renee (not my real name) please let me take you to lunch, you look very sexy today"

Without even looking up from my monitor I say:  "Thank you but I'm sorry, I brought my lunch from home. Besides, you think all the women around here look sexy".

Banana brother #1 replies: "No I dunt, only you. tu estas muy bonita" along with some more Spanglish which I didn't completely catch but I'm pretty sure contained the words "ass" (El culo) and "breasts" (chiches).

To which I reply......"Look Marko, do you know what my title is here and what I do?"

Banana brother #1 just looks at me sheepishly.

I continue:...."You probably just know me as the "Insurance lady" but actually I'm the Senior Assistant to the Director of Human Resources and one of my duties is to record and review all sexual harassment complaints for the whole company and I'm thinking I might be recording and reviewing one very soon. Now I'm sure you have something to do and somewhere to be, other than here."

I haven't seen him since.  At least he isn't completely dumb. ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"I think the worst place to get hit on is at work. It's so uncomfortable.  :negative:

I work in the office portion of a large warehouse distribution center and there are a lot of young Hispanic men working in the warehouse, many don't speak much English but they all know the word "mommy" and they all know how to whistle.   :nea:

There are two in particular that have attached themselves to me and make it a habit of coming to see me with questions regarding their employee medical benefits, leave time and insurance options on an almost daily basis. They're all bullshit questions, some of which I've answered two and three times already. They are just excuses to hover around my desk, talk to me an look down my blouse. I refer to these two 20 something clowns as "the banana brothers" (not to their faces of course). One in particular is very forward and has almost no filter when he speaks to me. He's like a Columbian version of Odinson without the violent undertones. :laugh3:

2 weeks ago banana brother #1 comes to my desk and says:...."Renee (not my real name) please let me take you to lunch, you look very sexy today"

Without even looking up from my monitor I say:  "Thank you but I'm sorry, I brought my lunch from home. Besides, you think all the women around here look sexy".

Banana brother #1 replies: "No I dunt, only you. tu estas muy bonita" along with some more Spanglish which I didn't completely catch but I'm pretty sure contained the words "ass" (El culo) and "breasts" (chiches).

To which I reply......"Look Marko, do you know what my title is here and what I do?"

I continue:...."You probably just know me as the "Insurance lady" but actually I'm the Senior Assistant to the Director of Human Resources and one of my duties is to record and review all sexual harassment complaints for the whole company and I'm thinking I might be recording and reviewing one very soon. Now I'm sure you have something to do and somewhere to be, other than here."

I haven't seen him since.   ac_biggrin

Marco Rubio hit on you? :laugh3:

Renee

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Renee"I think the worst place to get hit on is at work. It's so uncomfortable.  :negative:

I haven't seen him since.   ac_biggrin

Marco Rubio hit on you? :laugh3:

Haha,

Welcome to my world.....this is the shit I put up with. :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

I haven't seen him since.  At least he isn't completely dumb. ac_biggrin

I only work with ladies..

So, I don't get negative attention from men at work either.

RW

Oh hell Fash!  I'd rather teach piranhas aquafit classes while wearing a bathing suit made from water buffalo than work with all women.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Oh hell Fash!  I'd rather teach piranhas aquafit classes while wearing a bathing suit made from water buffalo than work with all women.

It's not that bad at all RW..

We all get along and I am quite close to two of them.

Mona

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"
Quote from: "Mona"Why do they try such stupid pick up lines. I had a guy sidle up to me and ask how on earth I got into my hot pants (which were stretchy cotton/lycra gingham) and then give me death stares for the rest of the night when my logical response was, I stepped into them one leg at a time like normal people. Why? How do you put your pants on?

I don't have a lot of luck with pick up lines.

I went up to a chick at a bar and asked if there was an asshole in her panties.

She said yes.

So I asked her if she'd like another one...

Fail.

See, that would make me laugh.  It's far more original than... did it hurt when you fell from heaven....  :yuk:

But I find that the best line to use on me, is Hi, my name is....   and just start a conversation.

Of course, if you're talking about picking up men, the most expedient line is:  Hi, do you want to fuck me...    but that's a whole other story.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mona"
Quote from: "Mona"Why do they try such stupid pick up lines. I had a guy sidle up to me and ask how on earth I got into my hot pants (which were stretchy cotton/lycra gingham) and then give me death stares for the rest of the night when my logical response was, I stepped into them one leg at a time like normal people. Why? How do you put your pants on?

She said yes.

Fail.

See, that would make me laugh.  It's far more original than... did it hurt when you fell from heaven....  :yuk:

But I find that the best line to use on me, is Hi, my name is....   and just start a conversation.

Of course, if you're talking about picking up men, the most expedient line is:  Hi, do you want to fuck me...    but that's a whole other story.

A guy actually used that line on you?

Mona

My friend's brother hit on me at her 30th last year.  He's 33.  He murmured in my ear that he would really like to eat me.  After having lifted me off my feet when I gave him a hug goodbye when leaving their mum's house to drive my friend and her partner home, and telling me that he really thought I should stay the night with him.    He's 6'3, gorgeous blue green eyes, and totally delicious.  I got in the car with her and told her that she was lucky I loved her so much as that was the best offer I'd had all year.   I took a raincheck.

Mona

She said yes.

Fail.

Which one?  Yes to both, and the heaven one, or the stars in your eyes, or can I have your number, I seem to have lost mine.  You name the pickup line, and it's been done to death.  

I actually had a guy offer to buy me a drink,  we were all hanging out in a group, and I refused politely and said that I'd get my own.  So I went to the bar, ordered my drink and went to pay for it, and the bartender told me that the guy (same one) at the end of the bar had already paid for it.  I placed it in front of my friend and ordered another and paid for it myself.  A couple of months down the track when I was dating his best friend, he remarked to me that i had never properly "thanked" him for the drink he bought me.  I tore him a new one.  I told him that first of all, I had refused his offer of a drink so it was bloody rude of him to pay for mine, and even ruder to think that I owed him any kind of favour for it in return, and secondly, I had passed the drink to someone else and then bought my own, so I never drank it and owed him jack shit.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mona"My friend's brother hit on me at her 30th last year.  He's 33.  He murmured in my ear that he would really like to eat me.  After having lifted me off my feet when I gave him a hug goodbye when leaving their mum's house to drive my friend and her partner home, and telling me that he really thought I should stay the night with him.    He's 6'3, gorgeous blue green eyes, and totally delicious.  I got in the car with her and told her that she was lucky I loved her so much as that was the best offer I'd had all year.   I took a raincheck.

I don't see why she would care if you hooked up with her brother.

Anonymous

She said yes.

Fail.

Which one?  Yes to both, and the heaven one, or the stars in your eyes, or can I have your number, I seem to have lost mine.  You name the pickup line, and it's been done to death.  

I actually had a guy offer to buy me a drink,  we were all hanging out in a group, and I refused politely and said that I'd get my own.  So I went to the bar, ordered my drink and went to pay for it, and the bartender told me that the guy (same one) at the end of the bar had already paid for it.  I placed it in front of my friend and ordered another and paid for it myself.  A couple of months down the track when I was dating his best friend, he remarked to me that i had never properly "thanked" him for the drink he bought me.  I tore him a new one.  I told him that first of all, I had refused his offer of a drink so it was bloody rude of him to pay for mine, and even ruder to think that I owed him any kind of favour for it in return, and secondly, I had passed the drink to someone else and then bought my own, so I never drank it and owed him jack shit.

I meant the falling from heaven line.

Mona

I meant the falling from heaven line.

Yeah, sadly on multiple occasions.  Drunk guys don't tend to be very original.   I also once had the younger male friend of a friend of mine write out the lyrics to the Heights song "How do you talk to an Angel"  and gave it to me as I was leaving her place one day.