Started by Anonymous, March 27, 2016, 01:10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Quote from: "Mona"
Quote from: "RW"
Serious online dating is for the birds.

I didn't actually meet him through an online dating site.  And I had already met previous boyfriends on local dating sites, if you can sift through the bullshit, sometimes there's someone worth knowing.  I'm still friends with a number of guys that I met through online dating.  

I don't get that much opportunity to leave my house without children, so it makes sense for me to meet people through my computer.

I met my husband on a local IRC channel.  Dating sites weren't the rage back then.  I was new to a big city so it was safer to meet people through group get togethers and such.

I'm not sure I would do it again though.  I think meeting face to face is the way I'd go.

You still have to meet face to face to make the jump from person in the computer to a relationship.

True...

I guess it's kind of how things are done these days anyway.  I've just heard such crazy stories from my friends who have done the dating site thing.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

I didn't actually meet him through an online dating site.  And I had already met previous boyfriends on local dating sites, if you can sift through the bullshit, sometimes there's someone worth knowing.  I'm still friends with a number of guys that I met through online dating.  

I don't get that much opportunity to leave my house without children, so it makes sense for me to meet people through my computer.

I met my husband on a local IRC channel.  Dating sites weren't the rage back then.  I was new to a big city so it was safer to meet people through group get togethers and such.

I'm not sure I would do it again though.  I think meeting face to face is the way I'd go.

Ideally yes, but I know so many people that are good relationships that met through dating sites. I believe Priscilla uses online dating.

Anonymous

You still have to meet face to face to make the jump from person in the computer to a relationship.

True...

I guess it's kind of how things are done these days anyway.  I've just heard such crazy stories from my friends who have done the dating site thing.

The thing I hear a lot of with online dating is people(mostly men) lie, lie, lie.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

The guy before I met my husband did that.  He sent me a pic from when he was in high school and when I met him, he was like 350lbs.  I told myself I wasn't superficial and dated until just after New Years (didn't want to dump him over X-mas).
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I wonder how she's making out.

She seems like she would be a fun lady to be around.

Mona

The problem with people who lie on their dating site profiles is that they meet people and their lies become obvious, and they don't actually meet people who would be interested in the real them.  I think it's a waste of time, doing that.

And anyone I meet that has obviously been lying, I'm not going to meet a second time.  So it becomes a waste of their time to lie to me.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mona"The problem with people who lie on their dating site profiles is that they meet people and their lies become obvious, and they don't actually meet people who would be interested in the real them.  I think it's a waste of time, doing that.

And anyone I meet that has obviously been lying, I'm not going to meet a second time.  So it becomes a waste of their time to lie to me.

It is a waste of time for anyone.

RW

Had I not been experimenting in my own superficiality, I would have walked away.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Never used online dating, probably never will.

I met my husband in college at a frat party. Didn't like him at first but again, I didn't go with my initial feelings and he grew on me.....like a fungus.....Unfortunately hindsight is 20/20.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Never used online dating, probably never will.

I met my husband in college at a frat party. Didn't like him at first but again, I didn't go with my initial feelings and he grew on me.....like a fungus.....Unfortunately hindsight is 20/20.

I met my husband at a college and careers church group..

So many Christians meet their spouses through Christian marriage sites.

Twenty Dollars

So you're not connected now? I won't assume.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"

Are you attached Twenty Dollars?

Priscilla thinks your handsome.

ac_smile

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"

ac_smile

Just think, if they hooked up, she could teach him how to read and comprehend English.  ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

ac_smile

Just think, if they hooked up, she could teach him how to read and comprehend English.  ac_biggrin

Oh my Renee.

ac_toofunny