Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Assumption free zone

Started by Twenty Dollars, March 28, 2016, 05:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Quote from: "RW"No :P

My leg gave out taking the first step down and I hit rock (gravel) bottom.

You poor thing, that sucks.  :sad:

Would have been so much better if it had been because the Easter Bunny had left you a pound of hash. :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"I thought it might be refreshing to start a thread dedicated to truths not speculation, assumption, and lame ass guesses. Why do the mods or should I say mod allow all this negative banter? Do these posters contribute anything other than pure bull shit? These people discourage anyone new from becoming involved. Really too bad. Like it or not, that's how it is here. Feel free to post you non assuming thoughts. All lame assumptions will be identified and pointed out.

A forum is a place where people exchange IDEAS, not trivia.  But thanks to your incapacity to actually control what people added to the thread, it has turned out okay anyway.  

Personally, I'm stuck trying to imagine the bathtub poster...partly because an Epsom bath by definition does not include a lot of soap bubbles and lather, and the views are more spectacular.

Indeed they are ;)
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Renee"

Would have been so much better if it had been because the Easter Bunny had left you a pound of hash. :laugh3:

No lie then I wouldn't be sitting in a stupid ole bath. hahaha
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"

No lie then I wouldn't be sitting in a stupid ole bath. hahaha

I can't spend time in the tub.....I get bored. I can't even sit in the hot tub whirlpool for any length of time......I keep thinking I'm missing something....ADHD. :laugh3:

I'll take a good hot shower over a bath any day.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"
Quote from: "RW"It's no assumption that it just got much better!

Morning Mr C!

Good moaning.

Hey Crow. Someone you know told me you were older than me? I won't assume it though.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"I thought it might be refreshing to start a thread dedicated to truths not speculation, assumption, and lame ass guesses. Why do the mods or should I say mod allow all this negative banter? Do these posters contribute anything other than pure bull shit? These people discourage anyone new from becoming involved. Really too bad. Like it or not, that's how it is here. Feel free to post you non assuming thoughts. All lame assumptions will be identified and pointed out.

A forum is a place where people exchange IDEAS, not trivia.  But thanks to your incapacity to actually control what people added to the thread, it has turned out okay anyway.  

Personally, I'm stuck trying to imagine the bathtub poster...partly because an Epsom bath by definition does not include a lot of soap bubbles and lather, and the views are more spectacular.

I don't want to control anything. Only moronic banter based on yes, assumption. A few here thrive on it. Just pointing it out.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Renee"This thread is invalid.

The fucking OP doesn't have the slightest clue regarding the difference between an "assumption" and an "observation".

And that's not an assumption. :negative:

But you claimed to be smart.

An assumption is a guess.

An observation is something solid if based on FACT.

Renee

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"

The fucking OP doesn't have the slightest clue regarding the difference between an "assumption" and an "observation".

An "assumption" is not always a "guess". In some cases it can mean an act of appropriation or acceptance.

For this application we shall assume that it is a presupposition or conjecture.

But what does that have to do with the fact that you assume that I and others are making assumptions about you when the facts say otherwise?

In other words....what the fuck is your point or better yet....do you even have one?

Anonymous

Twenty Dollars didn't object when Priscilla assumed he was handsome.

:laugh:

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"Twenty Dollars didn't object when Priscilla assumed he was handsome.

TD is a dolt or at least he plays one on the internet.

That's not an assumption either.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Twenty Dollars didn't object when Priscilla assumed he was handsome.

TD is a dolt or at least he plays one on the internet.

That's not an assumption either.

Twenty Dollars assumes you are guessing.

Twenty Dollars

That was an observation based on my photo. Ask Renee

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Herman"

Who are these negative nellys?

Herman you are a nice guy.

Anonymous

That was an observation based on my photo. Ask Renee

That is an assumption about Priscilla...a guess.

RW

Actually, an assumption is something that is accepted to be true without proof and observation is based on PERCEPTION. It's what one notices.
Beware of Gaslighters!