Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Where is the Colored Guy?

Started by Anonymous, March 29, 2016, 02:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

In my H2S Alive recert class everyone was white except for two Native guys and one black African. The African guy was late to come back from break which prompted the instructor to ask, "does anyone know where the colored guy is"?

The colored guy? It's 2016 and this instructor who is about my age I would guess describes black Africans as "colored guys." I am not a very pc guy, but I know that word died out many decades ago or so I thought.

The "colored guy," I cannot believe it.

RW

Yeah everyone knows black isn't a colour.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Yeah everyone knows black isn't a colour.

Do you call blacks colored?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"In my H2S Alive recert class everyone was white except for two Native guys and one black African. The African guy was late to come back from break which prompted the instructor to ask, "does anyone know where the colored guy is"?

The colored guy? It's 2016 and this instructor who is about my age I would guess describes black Africans as "colored guys." I am not a very pc guy, but I know that word died out many decades ago or so I thought.

The "colored guy," I cannot believe it.

The instructor should be reprimanded or worse.

Renee

I could be really crude with this but it would ruffle too many feathers.

I'm desperately trying to restrain myself....there is so much material to work with here. :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"I could be really crude with this but it would ruffle too many feathers.

Crude or offensive to racial groups?

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Renee"I could be really crude with this but it would ruffle too many feathers.

Both.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

Both.

I see Renee..

I agree with Herman, who talks like that?

ac_wot

RW

Why is saying "coloured" so offensive?  The guy was probably trying to be as inoffensive as possible and that's what he went with.  These terms change to the whims of PCism that it can be hard to keep up.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Why is saying "coloured" so offensive?  The guy was probably trying to be as inoffensive as possible and that's what he went with.  These terms change to the whims of PCism that it can be hard to keep up.

That's right, it could have been a lot worse.

He could of said ......"where's my nigga?"

Oops, stand clear while I burst into flames. ac_blush

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Why is saying "coloured" so offensive?  The guy was probably trying to be as inoffensive as possible and that's what he went with.  These terms change to the whims of PCism that it can be hard to keep up.

An offensive reminder of a past where not so subtle racism was tolerated.

Anonymous

Oh my Renee.

:swoon:

Renee

Oh my Renee.

Sorry, I just couldn't let that go.

Please forgive me....I'm weak.

Anonymous

Oh my Renee.

Sorry, I just couldn't let that go.

Please forgive me....I'm weak.

No, you're not Renee..

Maybe I'm a little too sensitive about this.

RW

Is "coloured" seriously THAT offensive?
Beware of Gaslighters!