Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Where is the Colored Guy?

Started by Anonymous, March 29, 2016, 02:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Non-whites have made an industry out of being offended by tags. If they are called anything that relates to their race, they get pissed. Yet I'm called an Aussie. You guys are Canucks. Brits are poms, or "rosbeef", French are froggies, Germans are krauts, Russians are russkis...who cares.

But call a Pakistani a "paki" and he or she goes mental. Being tagged according to our race is not, in and of itself, offensive unless spoken in a derogatory manner. Even "nigger" was simply a variation of "negro", which simply meant "black". Nothing more or less.

Minorities make an art form from being offended...moreso when they think they can score one over whitey.

It's up to me to tell a black Canadian they should not be offended by the word colured.

Personally, I've never seen the need to distinguish a person by their skin tone.

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Bricktop

Renee

Look, it's like Shen said......it's all in the tone and usage of the word.

For example: if you say......."Some fucking coloured guy stole my chrome wheels"......That can be really offensive. But if you say......"Some nice coloured guy gave me a free tap dancing lesson"......not so much.

Any questions? ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Look, it's like Shen said......it's all in the tone and usage of the word.

For example: if you say......."Some fucking coloured guy stole my chrome wheels"......That can be really offensive. But if you say......"Some nice coloured guy gave me a free tap dancing lesson"......not so much.

Any questions? ac_biggrin

Renee, Shen Li does not care if anyone is offended anyway.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I'm colored, not coloured.

Hello Azhya, I feel a strong impulse to edit the title of this thread to Coloured.

RW

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Non-whites have made an industry out of being offended by tags. If they are called anything that relates to their race, they get pissed. Yet I'm called an Aussie. You guys are Canucks. Brits are poms, or "rosbeef", French are froggies, Germans are krauts, Russians are russkis...who cares.

But call a Pakistani a "paki" and he or she goes mental. Being tagged according to our race is not, in and of itself, offensive unless spoken in a derogatory manner. Even "nigger" was simply a variation of "negro", which simply meant "black". Nothing more or less.

Minorities make an art form from being offended...moreso when they think they can score one over whitey.

It's up to me to tell a black Canadian they should not be offended by the word colured.

The black guy wasn't in the room.  He was late. It's whitie Herman who is all incensed by it.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

The black guy wasn't in the room.  He was late. It's whitie Herman who is all incensed by it.

My chin would drop a little too if I heard someone teaching a class use that word.

RW

Mine wouldn't unless it was intended to be offensive.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Mine wouldn't unless it was intended to be offensive.

Does that matter? Rob Ford was pressured into apologizing for using the word "Oriental."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/ford-apologizes-for-saying-oriental-but-stands-by-work-like-dogs-comment/article669859/">http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... cle669859/">http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/ford-apologizes-for-saying-oriental-but-stands-by-work-like-dogs-comment/article669859/

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

I am a very sensitive, impressionable young boy. I do not want to pick up language.

After thirty years on the rigs, I have learned to use only respectful words. :laugh3:

Anonymous

I hate that faux outrage, you hurt my widdle feelings with the obviously inintentionally offensive way you used a word. Boo fucking hoo.

RW

I'm with the Iron Chink on this one.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I'm with the Iron Chink on this one.

Hey, that's racist.