Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

I'm watching a documentary about life in Saudi Arabia

Started by Anonymous, March 30, 2016, 12:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Saudi government 'wants to EXECUTE gay people who show their sexuality in public & online'

SAUDI law makers could impose the death penalty on gay people who show their sexuality in public and on social media, according to reports.  The government in the Sunni Kingdom is reportedly demanding tougher punishments on those found guilty and claimed social media has caused a boom in homosexuality.  According to Okaz newspaper, the last six months has seen 35 cases of homosexuality and 50 cases of cross-dressers as well as cases of "sexual perversion" in Saudi Arabia.  The judiciary reportedly also claimed there has been a large rise in "perverts" displaying "sins and obscenities" on social media in the Sunni Kingdom.  It comes after a Saudi man was arrested this week when he raised the rainbow flag outside his home in Jeddah.  The doctor was arrested by religious police within hours of hoisting the flag in the port city.  But he was released shortly afterwards when he claimed he had no idea what the pride flag symbolised.  In addition, Okaz reported that a man in his 50s was arrested for making sexual advances to men online.  He allegedly begged for forgiveness during the police interrogation and said he would not do it again.  The calls from the law makers has seen a backlash on social media with some using the hashtag #I_am_gay_will_not_be_deterred.  One tweeted: "I stand with the Saudi Arabian LGBT community."

Lovely place.

Maybe social media will be the down fall of Islam.  Hrm.....

RW, they execute straight people who display affection in public.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Its a nasty little kingdom, with a rather nasty agenda of pushing its form of islamic law on other nations.

If they are to go at it with Iran, I think I'd prefer Iran to prevail.

That's a good question. I hate SA.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Saudi government 'wants to EXECUTE gay people who show their sexuality in public & online'

SAUDI law makers could impose the death penalty on gay people who show their sexuality in public and on social media, according to reports.  The government in the Sunni Kingdom is reportedly demanding tougher punishments on those found guilty and claimed social media has caused a boom in homosexuality.  According to Okaz newspaper, the last six months has seen 35 cases of homosexuality and 50 cases of cross-dressers as well as cases of "sexual perversion" in Saudi Arabia.  The judiciary reportedly also claimed there has been a large rise in "perverts" displaying "sins and obscenities" on social media in the Sunni Kingdom.  It comes after a Saudi man was arrested this week when he raised the rainbow flag outside his home in Jeddah.  The doctor was arrested by religious police within hours of hoisting the flag in the port city.  But he was released shortly afterwards when he claimed he had no idea what the pride flag symbolised.  In addition, Okaz reported that a man in his 50s was arrested for making sexual advances to men online.  He allegedly begged for forgiveness during the police interrogation and said he would not do it again.  The calls from the law makers has seen a backlash on social media with some using the hashtag #I_am_gay_will_not_be_deterred.  One tweeted: "I stand with the Saudi Arabian LGBT community."

Lovely place.

They are likely the most closeted LGBT community in the world.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Lovely place.

You are not the right religion. You would be in the closet too. :laugh3:

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Lovely place.

You are not the right religion. You would be in the closet too. :laugh3:

My husband has been there more than once, but every trip was brief...diagnose and fix a problem then leave again.

Anonymous

I have met people that have worked in SA and they were usually pretty happy to get back home.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"How long did you live there for?

That was my first overseas venture and I went in 92 for a year. that was just after the first Gulf War and a collapse of world crude prices. Lots of resentment against the government then for allowing US troops on SA soil and less money available for everything. The wages and perks for expats were good then. They would look the other way in the compounds for drinking, music and partying.

I went back in 97 for a year and I noticed a distinct move to the right by the government. Thank God the second time was on a 28 and 28 rotation. Otherwise I would have been forcibly on the frickin wagon for a year. More arrests of foreigners, more crackdowns on everyone for bullshit reasons.

Anonymous

That was my first overseas venture and I went in 92 for a year. that was just after the first Gulf War and a collapse of world crude prices. Lots of resentment against the government then for allowing US troops on SA soil and less money available for everything. The wages and perks for expats were good then. They would look the other way in the compounds for drinking, music and partying.

I went back in 97 for a year and I noticed a distinct move to the right by the government. Thank God the second time was on a 28 and 28 rotation. Otherwise I would have been forcibly on the frickin wagon for a year. More arrests of foreigners, more crackdowns on everyone for bullshit reasons.

What did you do to pass the time when you were not working?

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Lifted weights, made cheap hooch and read books. Do you believe that, I read frickin books. I will never do that again.

Anonymous

Lifted weights, made cheap hooch and read books. Do you believe that, I read frickin books. I will never do that again.

I have had home made wine and beer which is popular in Ontario, but I never tried home made spirits.

Anonymous

I had a chance to go to Nigeria after grad.

Hey, I hear the wages for rotationals and expats suck now?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

They have dropped compared to when I first went there almost 25 years ago. All field service jobs are fly in and fly out to anywhere in the world you want to go. They have some drilling consultants working either 28/28 or 35/35 making less than $100 grand a year US. No taxes on that, but still I can makes $275 grand in Canada in good times working an equal number of days

Anonymous

They have dropped compared to when I first went there almost 25 years ago. All field service jobs are fly in and fly out to anywhere in the world you want to go. They have some drilling consultants working either 28/28 or 35/35 making less than $100 grand a year US. No taxes on that, but still I can makes $275 grand in Canada in good times working an equal number of days

You make $275 k per year? I so hate you.

Anonymous

You make $275 k per year? I so hate you.

Relax finance man, I am a contractor. I have to buy my own liability insurance. I do not work directly for an operating company, but I represent their interests on the lease.

I have grossed $350,000 before.