The best topic

Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Why is Everything So Small?

Started by Annie, April 11, 2016, 01:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Thanks, Fash. It's how I'm feeling right now. Our old kitty girl has fast growing cancer and is being put down on Wednesday. We had a tumor removed from her neck last month and thought it was just a cyst , non cancerous or that we caught it in time.  But now there's a bunch more growing fast and multiplying. The last 2 days she can't control her bladder or bowls, weight loss.  ac_crying  She was healthy right up to last month. This came on really fast.

Ah, that's so sad Annie..

It hurts putting down a pet that has been part of your home and family for a long time.

ELPHUPPHY

Quote from: "Annie"Thanks, Fash. It's how I'm feeling right now. Our old kitty girl has fast growing cancer and is being put down on Wednesday. We had a tumor removed from her neck last month and thought it was just a cyst , non cancerous or that we caught it in time.  But now there's a bunch more growing fast and multiplying. The last 2 days she can't control her bladder or bowls, weight loss.  ac_crying  She was healthy right up to last month. This came on really fast.

My sincere sympathies to you. I've had to put down several animals in my lifetime and it is never EVER an easy thing to do. I usually end up crying like a baby. I truly feel sorry for you and for the kitty.

Annie

This is the first cat we'll have to put down. It's the only thing we can do for her so she won't suffer. It looks like the tumors are going to her brain, I looked in her ears and on the ride side was pretty scary. She's actually our son's cat. He rescued her when she was 9 months. He's coming over tomorrow to say goodbye to her before we take her in. He doesn't know if he wants to go with us. I have no idea if he or our daughter would be ok after that.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Renee

Quote from: "Annie"This is the first cat we'll have to put down. It's the only thing we can do for her so she won't suffer. It looks like the tumors are going to her brain, I looked in her ears and on the ride side was pretty scary. She's actually our son's cat. He rescued her when she was 9 months. He's coming over tomorrow to say goodbye to her before we take her in. He doesn't know if he wants to go with us. I have no idea if he or our daughter would be ok after that.

So sorry Annie, it's never easy to put down a pet, been there, done that and it sucks really hard every time. But ending their suffering at life's end is actually a gift that we can give our furry family members that we cannot give to our human ones. ac_crying
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"This is the first cat we'll have to put down. It's the only thing we can do for her so she won't suffer. It looks like the tumors are going to her brain, I looked in her ears and on the ride side was pretty scary. She's actually our son's cat. He rescued her when she was 9 months. He's coming over tomorrow to say goodbye to her before we take her in. He doesn't know if he wants to go with us. I have no idea if he or our daughter would be ok after that.

It will be a a very difficult day today for you Annie.

ac_crying

RW

Big hugs to you Annie.  It's never an easy thing to let go.
Beware of Gaslighters!

keeper

Anonymous

I have had to shoot three dogs in my life and it was all I could do to raise the rifle and aim.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"I have had to shoot three dogs in my life and it was all I could do to raise the rifle and aim.

:swoon:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Herman"I have had to shoot three dogs in my life and it was all I could do to raise the rifle and aim.

:swoon:

They were suffering Fash.

Annie

I miss her terribly but I know I did the right thing for her. I'm starting to stop feeling guilty of not doing this or that. We had her cremated and have her ashes in a little marble urn. The day she was put down, both my daughter and I had a dream that she was happy and that she was thankful for us setting her free from suffering.  Our old boy, Roger (he's about 22) was visibly bothered that she wasn't here now. He didn't eat for days and lost a lot of weight. He's finally eating enough now but is acting weird still. He talks a lot more and always wants attention. Our other kitty who is a great big guy (5) now jumps onto my lap and sits with me. He didn't do that before, only Patches ever did that. I think he was comforting me.  Each day is a little better.  We also had her paw print made onto a plaque but it isn't ready yet.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Renee

Quote from: "Annie"I miss her terribly but I know I did the right thing for her. I'm starting to stop feeling guilty of not doing this or that. We had her cremated and have her ashes in a little marble urn. The day she was put down, both my daughter and I had a dream that she was happy and that she was thankful for us setting her free from suffering.  Our old boy, Roger (he's about 22) was visibly bothered that she wasn't here now. He didn't eat for days and lost a lot of weight. He's finally eating enough now but is acting weird still. He talks a lot more and always wants attention. Our other kitty who is a great big guy (5) now jumps onto my lap and sits with me. He didn't do that before, only Patches ever did that. I think he was comforting me.  Each day is a little better.  We also had her paw print made onto a plaque but it isn't ready yet.

I know it's hard but you did the right thing, Annie. Never lose sight of that.

Easing a pets suffering in a humane way is the final act of love we can do for or furry family members.

acc_hugz
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Annie

Thanks Renee. I keep reminding myself that it was the only humane thing to do for her.  Thanks for the hug  ac_smile  acc_hugz

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I miss her terribly but I know I did the right thing for her. I'm starting to stop feeling guilty of not doing this or that. We had her cremated and have her ashes in a little marble urn. The day she was put down, both my daughter and I had a dream that she was happy and that she was thankful for us setting her free from suffering.  Our old boy, Roger (he's about 22) was visibly bothered that she wasn't here now. He didn't eat for days and lost a lot of weight. He's finally eating enough now but is acting weird still. He talks a lot more and always wants attention. Our other kitty who is a great big guy (5) now jumps onto my lap and sits with me. He didn't do that before, only Patches ever did that. I think he was comforting me.  Each day is a little better.  We also had her paw print made onto a plaque but it isn't ready yet.

You have a cat that is 22? :shock:

Anonymous

It's always heartbreaking losing a pet that has been part of your family for a long time.