Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Greetings from Disney's Vero Beach Resort

Started by Renee, April 13, 2016, 04:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ELPHUPPHY

Quote from: "Annie"We have poutine that way here, it's fries, curds and beef gravy. Mmmmmmm

I've heard poutine is very tasty. It would be on my verboten list, since it's full of carbs and fat and like Hermie says, it's a heart attack on a plate. I've had one heart attack and don't care to have another.

But I bet poutine is awesome tasty.

Renee

I'm not real fond of wet fries. I think that's what killed it for me. The first few were good (not great) but after it sat for a few minutes and the reduction(gravey) had time to soak in..... :yuk:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

ELPHUPPHY

Quote from: "Renee"I'm not real fond of wet fries. I think that's what killed it for me. The first few were good (not great) but after it sat for a few minutes and the reduction(gravey) had time to soak in..... :yuk:

Yes, I prefer my fries, when I have them which is not often, to be super crispy.

Annie

I'll have a poutine maybe once or twice a year but that's it. I'm not much of a gravy person. And ya, the fries getting all soggy after a few minutes so you gotta eat em fast.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Renee

Went on the behind the scenes Jungle trek today at Animal Kingdom with my older daughter and nephews. Got harnessed up and walked across rope bridges over the crocodile and hippo pool. Got some good shots with the camera which I will post at a later date. Here's a couple quick shots I took with my phone.

[attachment=1]IMAG0503.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]IMAG0504.jpg[/attachment]
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Went on the behind the scenes Jungle trek today at Animal Kingdom with my older daughter and nephews. Got harnessed up and walked across rope bridges over the crocodile and hippo pool. Got some good shots with the camera which I will post at a later date. Here's a couple quick shots I took with my phone.

Don't fall in.

Annie

Holy crap, Renee, I'd be freaking out just a little bit if I did that.  When we went to Disney World we were too late to see the Animal Kingdom. They were closing an hour later when we got there, the school kids go back in August and I had no idea the hours of everything changed with that.  I'm looking forward to your pics.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Went on the behind the scenes Jungle trek today at Animal Kingdom with my older daughter and nephews. Got harnessed up and walked across rope bridges over the crocodile and hippo pool. Got some good shots with the camera which I will post at a later date. Here's a couple quick shots I took with my phone.

My heart would be beating very fast.

Renee

Quote from: "Annie"Holy crap, Renee, I'd be freaking out just a little bit if I did that.  When we went to Disney World we were too late to see the Animal Kingdom. They were closing an hour later when we got there, the school kids go back in August and I had no idea the hours of everything changed with that.  I'm looking forward to your pics.

You can't see very well from the crappy phone pic but there are some rather large gaps in the foot boards that you walk on. Some were wide enough that they were a reach for my short chubby legs to manage. But I still managed to cross with no trouble and shoot pics one handed with my canon SX20 which is a full size point and shoot.

It's very safe, there is netting under the foot boards. So even if you miss a board you will not fall into the water but you will have a split second of stark terror as you miss. :laugh3: Plus you are harrenessed (which is checked many times) and tethered to a zip line overhead. It's Disney, their reputation for safety is unmatched as far as theme parks go. Headlines reading "Fat Chick Eaten by Crocodiles" wouldn't look good on their resume :laugh3:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Annie"Holy crap, Renee, I'd be freaking out just a little bit if I did that.  When we went to Disney World we were too late to see the Animal Kingdom. They were closing an hour later when we got there, the school kids go back in August and I had no idea the hours of everything changed with that.  I'm looking forward to your pics.

You can't see very well from the crappy phone pic but there are some rather large gaps in the foot boards that you walk on. Some were wide enough that they were a reach for my short chubby legs to manage. But I still managed to cross with no trouble and shoot pics one handed with my canon SX20 which is a full size point and shoot.

It's very safe, there is netting under the foot boards. So even if you miss a board you will not fall into the water but you will have a split second of stark terror as you miss. :laugh3: Plus you are harrenessed (which is checked many times) and tethered to a zip line overhead. It's Disney, their reputation for safety is unmatched as far as theme parks go. Headlines reading "Fat Chick Eaten by Crocodiles" wouldn't look good on their resume :laugh3:

It would be thrilling for some.

Anonymous

Are you home yet Renee? Are you glad to be back to work? :laugh3:

Renee

Quote from: "seoulbro"Are you home yet Renee? Are you glad to be back to work? :laugh3:

We fly back tomorrow night. I'm not looking forward to going back to work.

This vacation wasn't nearly long enough. :sad:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "seoulbro"Are you home yet Renee? Are you glad to be back to work? :laugh3:

We fly back tomorrow night. I'm not looking forward to going back to work.

This vacation wasn't nearly long enough. :sad:

I felt the same way when we went to Southern California.

Renee

Final phone pics.....
[attachment=2]IMAG0516.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=1]IMAG0507.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]IMAG0506.jpg[/attachment]