Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Woman suing Starbucks, after discovering Ice in her Iced Coffee

Started by Anonymous, May 04, 2016, 01:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "shin"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Are there any Tim Hortons franchises close to you shin?

Sadly, no. The only Tim Horton's in the U.S. are on the upper peninsula of Michigan.

That is not entirely accurate. I saw one on the road coming down from Niagara Falls through Buffalo, New York. :Laie_68:

There several locations in NJ. and in NYC. In fact there is one right on rt. 35 in Hazlet that I pass to and from work everyday.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Are there any Tim Hortons franchises close to you shin?

Sadly, no. The only Tim Horton's in the U.S. are on the upper peninsula of Michigan.

That is not entirely accurate. I saw one on the road coming down from Niagara Falls through Buffalo, New York. :Laie_68:

There several locations in NJ. and in NYC. In fact there is one right on rt. 35 in Hazlet that I pass to and from work everyday.

What do you think of their coffee, sandwiches and soups?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

I wonder if they have the same menu in the USA.

Renee

Only had coffee from there once.....it was ok.

I usually hit QuickChek which is a regional chain convenience store / gas station.  There coffee is better and fresher and they have a larger selection. It also tends to be less expensive than most of the chain coffee stores.

http://67.192.129.227/upload/contents/287/IMG_7688_v2.JPG">

You serve yourself and they are making fresh pots about every 20 minutes.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Timmy's expansion plans in the states have not worked out the way they had hoped. They have about 550 locations, but they have closed franchises.

Anonymous

I usually hit QuickChek which is a regional chain convenience store / gas station.  There coffee is better and fresher and they have a larger selection. It also tends to be less expensive than most of the chain coffee stores.

I have only been to the airport in your region Renee..

I never saw a QuickChek.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I never saw a QuickChek.

I'm assuming you were at Newark-Liberty Airport....isn't that hub a real treat.  :laugh3:

I don't think there is a Quickchek at any of the terminals. I know they have over 100 locations in NJ and lower NY.

The Quickchek franchise was started by Durling Farms Dairy back in the 1960s.  Back in the late 90s they went from being just a crappy convenience store to these full service convenience/deli/gas stations. They are basically a one stop shop for breakfast, lunch and gas (for your car) ac_biggrin .

They've done very well and have basically driven the other so called main stay convenience stores like 7-11 and Krauser's out of business in the area.

Anonymous

I like the look of the set up. Lots of different coffees to choose from it seems.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I never saw a QuickChek.

I'm assuming you were at Newark-Liberty Airport....isn't that hub a real treat.  :laugh3:

I don't think there is a Quickchek at any of the terminals. I know they have over 100 locations in NJ and lower NY.

The Quickchek franchise was started by Durling Farms Dairy back in the 1960s.  Back in the late 90s they went from being just a crappy convenience store to these full service convenience/deli/gas stations. They are basically a one stop shop for breakfast, lunch and gas (for your car) ac_biggrin .

They've done very well and have basically driven the other so called main stay convenience stores like 7-11 and Krauser's out of business in the area.

I have been in gas stations and seen displays similar to that.

shin

It seems my information on Tim Horton's is outdated. I didn't know they were trying to expand into the U.S... but I would have gotten away for it if it weren't for Renee and those pesky kids at the Cashew! Dang nabiit!  ac_razz

Renee, I know what dirt tastes like from eating freshly picked root vegetables, and from being a child who would put things in my mouth that aren't quite fit for human consumption.

I don't remember what I sad about caffeine and roasting coffee beans but I would think it's almost common knowledge that the more you roast them the more nutrients and caffeine get depleted from the beans.

I used to find your sass alarming, but seeing as it's a part of the Blue Cash experience... thank you sir, may I have another?  Extra flavored dirt, please! :tease:

shin

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"Welcome back, Shen Li! Did you pop yet? :wink:

I think she did.

Renee

Quote from: "shin"It seems my information on Tim Horton's is outdated. I didn't know they were trying to expand into the U.S... but I would have gotten away for it if it weren't for Renee and those pesky kids at the Cashew! Dang nabiit!  ac_razz

Renee, I know what dirt tastes like from eating freshly picked root vegetables, and from being a child who would put things in my mouth that aren't quite fit for human consumption.

I don't remember what I sad about caffeine and roasting coffee beans but I would think it's almost common knowledge that the more you roast them the more nutrients and caffeine get depleted from the beans.

I used to find your sass alarming, but seeing as it's a part of the Blue Cash experience... thank you sir, may I have another?  Extra flavored dirt, please! :tease:

"Sass" ac_umm

I should probably tone it down and let the character of this place adjust accordingly.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"It seems my information on Tim Horton's is outdated. I didn't know they were trying to expand into the U.S... but I would have gotten away for it if it weren't for Renee and those pesky kids at the Cashew! Dang nabiit!  ac_razz

I am the least fussy person you could ever meet. If a cup of coffee wakes me up, it's quality in my books.

shin

I am the least fussy person you could ever meet. If a cup of coffee wakes me up, it's quality in my books.

It's kind of like the same aesthetic we attribute to alcohol. Outside of the fruity mixed drinks, the mark of the drink is often paired with how intoxicated does it get us... but to a lesser degree than coffee. Growing hybrid coffee plants to bear more aromatic and flavorful beans is very much a 1st world idea of modern proportions.