News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

are asian sons treated better in your asian family?

Started by instigator, January 25, 2013, 12:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

instigator

i read here it's a common misconception by some that asian sons are coddled by mothers.

i never seen or heard of this cause so much issue before.

my wife stays home with baby but i don't know what this coddling is

i never felt that before.

i wanted to move out as soon as possible, starting rebelling at 11 years old and moved out at 18 y.o.

Anonymous

Instigator is attempting to be normal. Ok, I'll play along then. Traditionally Koreans have long favoured sons as an insurance policy as they got old. Korea has changed so much since my parents left that they barely recognize some of those differences today. I don't mean the obvioous ones either like the conspicuous affluence. I mean the changing roles of the family unit. There are still lots of housewives and still many couples prefer a son, but change it has.

As for your question about coddling. I wouldn't say I was "coddled", but I didn't have to do much other than study.

Vancouver

Back then when China had the one child rule, some Chinese would leave their new born daughter in the dumpster.

You see, sons live with their parents. Many Chinese live in poverty. Their only hope is that when their son grows up he'll be able to support the family plus marry a young girl into the family to help out.
Time is malleable

instigator

Quote from: "seoulbro"Instigator is attempting to be normal. Ok, I'll play along then. Traditionally Koreans have long favoured sons as an insurance policy as they got old. Korea has changed so much since my parents left that they barely recognize some of those differences today. I don't mean the obvioous ones either like the conspicuous affluence. I mean the changing roles of the family unit. There are still lots of housewives and still many couples prefer a son, but change it has.

As for your question about coddling. I wouldn't say I was "coddled", but I didn't have to do much other than study.

^^don't lie, be honest, tell the truth. we need more details. let it all out, this is an asian forum. not m*ongrel.

do you have any siblings? do they feel you got special treatment?

i'm not attempting to be normal, i am normal.

these are questions facing asians. why is this forum called asian canadian forum then?

instigator

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"Back then when China had the one child rule, some Chinese would leave their new born daughter in the dumpster.

You see, sons live with their parents. Many Chinese live in poverty. Their only hope is that when their son grows up he'll be able to support the family plus marry a young girl into the family to help out.

i would think this is a racist lie. sure, a baby can be dumped, it happens here too.

what kind of a mother could dump their baby like that. it's rare. most mothers love their babies. that's human nurture.

Time Flies

Big deal. Racist Western society treats Asian women better than Asian men.

Romero

Quote from: "instigator"i would think this is a racist lie. sure, a baby can be dumped, it happens here too.

what kind of a mother could dump their baby like that. it's rare. most mothers love their babies. that's human nurture.

Unfortunately it's been a big problem under China's one-child policy. Tens of thousands of girls have been abandoned and dumped every year.

Anonymous

I have one brother three years younger than me..

Looking back I suppose he was treated differently than I, but part of that was because he was 'the baby'..

I had more to help my mother clean the house and cook, but I learned some useful tips..

My brother lives in Manitoba with his wife and adorable son..

I saw him over Christmas and as always we we debated over who our parents favoured..

Some things never change and my own children will probably do the same when they grow up.

instigator

ok that is normal.

but it seems you like to whitewash things, side step, beat around the bush and avoid the real details of the issue. you like to avoid confrontation. that is nice and all. i know you are a nice person but it doesnt help us asian mankind anything at all. you dont take seriously our concerns because youve never felt the problems, ignored them, suppressed them or didnt acknowledge them.

these are the  hard issues and details concerning asians. make up conversations fashion talk and fun times it is not.

does anyone here really feel asian sons are coddled

is there any hurt feelings that brothers and sons were treated better whether real, imagined or condtioned

tell us now

Anonymous

I'm sorry my post did was not what you wanted to see instigator..

All I can tell you is about my own upbringing or how I raise my own children..

If you don't like the topics I want to discuss then don't read them.

instigator

im sorry, your opinions on these heated discussions are just  a bit bland, a bit too neutral. but i guess that is a good attribute when being a mod. these types of comments dont really mean anything or really take any sides. its kind of like just a useless comment that is all.

not saying your are not a good person, it just doesnt contribute too much to the serious issues being discussed.

they are more just neutral comments than real opinions

instigator

who am i kidding, i already know youd rather talk about tv, , makeup, clothes, gossip and magazines, etc

what i find important is not important to you. i guess its just the way things are

it is what it is but i do things to change things

instigator

instigator

Quote from: "Fashionista"I'm sorry my post did was not what you wanted to see instigator..

All I can tell you is about my own upbringing or how I raise my own children..

If you don't like the topics I want to discuss then don't read them.

i dont read many topics here.

but i do read all the comments in the topics i read.

Anonymous

Quote from: "instigator"who am i kidding, i already know youd rather talk about tv, , makeup, clothes, gossip and magazines, etc

what i find important is not important to you. i guess its just the way things are

it is what it is but i do things to change things

That isn't entirely true, but so what if it was?