The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

It's time to BAN WOMEN

Started by cc, June 19, 2016, 12:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"^Teenage girls being married off to old men can relate to the plight of their Western or Eastern sisters.  :crazy:

A potentially good discussion derailed by someone on a meds binge. Just like Mel.

Relax brother, RW is giving us the standard Islamo apologist talking points. I have heard all the tired examples she has given about Islam being no different than what the West is now or was in the past a thousand times before.

Islam was born of a violent and hateful, very bigoted man. The closest analogy we have in the West to the barbaric ideology is nazism. Thank Christ nazism does not have a significant segment of the white population who are sympathetic to it's madness and financing from governments.

RW

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "seoulbro"^Teenage girls being married off to old men can relate to the plight of their Western or Eastern sisters.  :crazy:

A potentially good discussion derailed by someone on a meds binge. Just like Mel.

Relax brother, RW is giving us the standard Islamo apologist talking points. I have heard all the tired examples she has given about Islam being no different than what the West is now or was in the past a thousand times before.

Islam was born of a violent and hateful, very bigoted man. The closest analogy we have in the West to the barbaric ideology is nazism. Thank Christ nazism does not have a significant segment of the white population who are sympathetic to it's madness and financing from governments.

So if I agree with cc that women are lesser beings within Islam and they have no influence, it counters her OP.  Is that such a hard concept to grasp for you anti-Islam folks?

I also think it would do you all some good to look at our history before you jump up on your damn soap boxes and prattle on about things that have definite parallels.

As for nazism, Muslims are the new Nazis or Russians or Japanese or Italians....
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "cc la femme"Now, now. let's be precise with what was actually said. islamic men are conditioned by islamic  society to despise women and to consider them inferior

And is that cultural or is that based on Muslim text?

It's both.  You do see significant differences in the treatment of women within Islam between cultures.  That is something this anti-Islam train fails to acknowledge for some strange reason.

That's an easy one. Take for example South East Asian Muslims who are generally considered the most tolerant Muslims in the world. When the Hakkan sailors and traders started settling in those lands all those centuries ago they took control of trade and had the ear of government. Islamic backwardness took a backseat to Chinese commerce. That is changing since the Chinese cultural influence has waned in all countries except Singapore. Across Indonesia, religious minorities, including Christians and Shia Muslims, have increasingly been harassed, threatened and attacked by Sunni Islamist militant groups like the Islamic Defenders Front. Indonesia's Setara Institute, which monitors religious freedom in the country, recorded 220 cases of violent attacks on religious minorities in 2013, an increase from 91 such cases in 2007.

In Malaysia, militancy is growing too that threatens the stability of the region.

RW

Militancy is a problem.  No one denies that or fails to recognize that.  The debate should not start and end with "Islam is evil".  That's an intellectually lazy answer to a very complicated issue.
Beware of Gaslighters!

kiebers

Quote from: "cc la femme"Women have and nurture males into evil men

If we "neuteralized" women, then they would be stopped from creating evil men

discuss ..

As long as we are banned to the same place...I can deal with it..... ac_razz  ac_razz
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Militancy is a problem.  No one denies that or fails to recognize that.  The debate should not start and end with "Islam is evil".  That's an intellectually lazy answer to a very complicated issue.

I think killing people who insult the prophet is evil. What is worse than that though is that not a small number of Western Muslims think it is justified.

Like old Shen Li always says, Islam is incompatible with Western or Eastern values.

@realAzhyaAryola

I respect western male who treat women with respect. Then again, it's only the western male of a certain upbringing. Not everyone is that way.

I will never forget the mockery I was subjected to after I stepped into a silver bazaar in the Khan el-Khalili market or souk in Cairo when I was shopping by myself, stoutheartedly. The men in the shop stared at me after I asked them a question in English and then started giggling. That was awful and humiliating. Not all are like that but a great many are.

I have an IT guy at work who is Muslim and he's been nothing but respectful and kind to all of us and helpful. He is the one the majority calls on when issues arise because they like working with him. Regretfully, they are not all like that too.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "RW"Militancy is a problem.  No one denies that or fails to recognize that.  The debate should not start and end with "Islam is evil".  That's an intellectually lazy answer to a very complicated issue.

I think killing people who insult the prophet is evil. What is worse than that though is that not a small number of Western Muslims think it is justified.

Like old Shen Li always says, Islam is incompatible with Western or Eastern values.

So how is it that so many Muslims live just fine in our country Herman?  Like over a million of them.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I respect western male who treat women with respect. Then again, it's only the western male of a certain upbringing. Not everyone is that way.

I will never forget the mockery I was subjected to after I stepped into a silver bazaar in the Khan el-Khalili market or souk in Cairo when I was shopping by myself, stoutheartedly. The men in the shop stared at me after I asked them a question in English and then started giggling. That was awful and humiliating. Not all are like that but a great many are.

I have an IT guy at work who is Muslim and he's been nothing but respectful and kind to all of us and helpful. He is the one the majority calls on when issues arise because they like working with him. Regretfully, they are not all like that too.

My husband worked with 2 males and a female who were Muslim.  All were lovely people - kind and extremely respectful. I still assert that one of the guys was one of the nicest men I have ever met in my entire life.
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

If you are indeed a peace-loving muslim in our society today, it must be extra work for you to maintain a positive and respectful countenance amid a sea of doubtful neighbors.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"If you are indeed a peace-loving muslim in our society today, it must be extra work for you to maintain a positive and respectful countenance amid a sea of doubtful neighbors.

That's exactly how I feel which is why reading some of this garbage makes me want to puke.
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

They need a champion to fight for their supposed peace-loving faith. If they truly are peace-loving as they claim to be, I want to see the peace-loving multitude go out there and fight the extremists and denounce them. How come no such Muslim groups do that?
@realAzhyaAryola

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"They need a champion to fight for their supposed peace-loving faith. If they truly are peace-loving as they claim to be, I want to see the peace-loving multitude go out there and fight the extremists and denounce them. How come no such Muslim groups do that?

They do.  I've had this argument many times and when you point out the groups denouncing terrorism and extremism, they either get little air time or told they aren't doing enough.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

There have been many who tried. Not only islamics but Westerner islam allies shredded them.

You see, to advocate fixing it one must first define "what is wrong" with it. Not only islamics attacked that but many silly Westerners have done so as well .. getting all uppity and protective about criticism of islam - a catch 22 / no win scenario from both directions

A Canadian gal Irshad Manji is trying to change it .. got a lot of free publicity a decade ago and she has gone nowhere

Zuhdi Jasser has been trying for over a decade. While he still gets press, as to fixing islam, nada

Ayaan Ali is now full bore fix islam mode .. from behind armed guards

There have been many more on local and world stages. All shot down in flames. Most having to live under heavy guard as well as being pariahs to the very Westerners who support islam
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/14/living/orlando-muslims-statement/">http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/14/living/or ... statement/">http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/14/living/orlando-muslims-statement/

"More than 200 Muslims, including dozens of American imams and scholars, have issued a joint statement condemning the attacks on a gay night club in Orlando on Sunday that killed 49 people."

"The attack again put American Muslims on the defensive, just days after they had mourned the passing and celebrated the life of Muhammad Ali, the charismatic boxer who, many hoped, had definitively answered the question of whether Muslim-Americans can successfully embrace multiple identities."

[How did Mohammed Ali do in terms of integration?]

In their statement, the Muslim scholars, imams and community leaders, most from the United States, said Ali, not ISIS, embodies the values of their faith. They also decry the concept of "collective guilt" that holds all Muslims responsible for terrorist attacks, and warn against simplistic philosophies that pit Americans and Muslims against each other.
Beware of Gaslighters!