Started by cc, June 19, 2016, 12:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Maybe she's becoming more radicalized.

ac_dunno
Beware of Gaslighters!

JOE

Is Romero a Gay Muslim?

I've often wondered given his staunch defense of everything Muslim and Gay.

Perhaps this is the symbol of his cause?

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000808678476/37344cf3e345f49204c53021618de620.jpeg">

cc

Quote from: "Romero"cc says her "head employee is Islamic". Ask her!

Islamic hairdresser and some friends too. The ultimate hypocrite.

So you advocate against my fraternizing with islamics

You of all people. Who wooda thot?

It must take a fucked up mind to see something wrong in that ... while at the same time advocating the opposite and further .. actually trying to make it seem a "negative"

Could it ever get weirder than that?  :oeudC:  ..

Oh oh .. shit ... I think I should not have said that
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"
Quote from: "Romero"cc says her "head employee is Islamic". Ask her!

Islamic hairdresser and some friends too. The ultimate hypocrite.

So you advocate against my fraternizing with islamics

You of all people. Who wooda thot

It must take a fucked up mind to see something wrong in that ... while at the same time advocating the opposite

Could it ever get weirder than that?  :oeudC:  ..

Oh oh .. shit ... I think I should not have said that

Romero likes to invent hypocrisy and then point it out.

Good stuff eh?
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

lol.......  nailed it!!!!!!

The funniest part is that he's displaying himself in public as the ultimate hypocrite in his process

Oh the dreadful stench of desperation

http://us.cdn1.123rf.com/168nwm/yayayoy/yayayoy1303/yayayoy130300005/18539895-emoticon-tenant-son-nez-a-cause-d-une-mauvaise-odeur.jpg">

RW

Quote from: "JOE"Is Romero a Gay Muslim?

I've often wondered given his staunch defense of everything Muslim and Gay.

Perhaps this is the symbol of his cause]

Hush Joe.  The grown ups are talking.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "RW"Militancy is a problem.  No one denies that or fails to recognize that.  The debate should not start and end with "Islam is evil".  That's an intellectually lazy answer to a very complicated issue.

I think killing people who insult the prophet is evil. What is worse than that though is that not a small number of Western Muslims think it is justified.

Like old Shen Li always says, Islam is incompatible with Western or Eastern values.

Shen Li is right about Islam. But, like RW keeps repeating, not all Muslims subscribe to Islamic orthodoxy. Unfortunately, not a small number do.

So why did you call for the ban of Islam in the western world then?

Did you not read this part; Unfortunately, not a small number do.

I read it but it's bullshit.  :)

Of course it is. That's why Chatlie Hebdo staff are dead.

Salman Rushdie in exile, the assassination attempts on the Danish cartoonist Kurt Westergaard, the killing of Theo Van Gogh in response to his film on women and Islam and loud calls to have cartoons of Mohammad with a bomb in his turban considered hate speech..

Something is going on in Europe, there is no denying that..

Muslim leaders in Europe argue that since denying the holocaust is hate speech, so should any and all criticism of the prophet Mohammad including satirical cartoons..

I consider myself a tolerant woman, but this stretches the limits of my tolerance..

How do others feel? Is this a reasonable accommodation of a religion or does it infringe on free speech?

You know the answer most people will give even if only off the record.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Called "many centuries"

It not only enforces its beliefs on followers, it even calls for and enforces its beliefs upon non followers

a pig that sheds / shreads  an lipstick applied to it

Really?  And which religion(s) do you think has influenced our laws that governs followers and non-followers alike?   :001_rolleyes:

You do realize that you are running around the issue of are islamic principles such as attacking anyone who speaks out against it, or draws pics etc etc etc to name just a very few of its many unacceptable beliefs here in the West

Cutting to the chase, It does appear that you are saying these principles are acceptable and twisting yourself and your own core values into pretzels in attempting to justify it

I understand that you fear for islamics already here. That's a legit concern that I relate to. It has dogged me for 2 decades now.

However that concern does not justify justifying what we all consider to be evil beliefs and the resulting acts to enforce those beliefs

Not only running around it, but seems to be accepting of it. Criticism of the prophet is neither hate speech nor Islamophobia. Then again you should fear Islam' s wrath if you draw a naughty picture of the prophet.

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"Called "many centuries"

It not only enforces its beliefs on followers, it even calls for and enforces its beliefs upon non followers

a pig that sheds / shreads  an lipstick applied to it

Really?  And which religion(s) do you think has influenced our laws that governs followers and non-followers alike?   :001_rolleyes:

You do realize that you are running around the issue of are islamic principles such as attacking anyone who speaks out against it, or draws pics etc etc etc to name just a very few of its many unacceptable beliefs here in the West

Cutting to the chase, It does appear that you are saying these principles are acceptable and twisting yourself and your own core values into pretzels in attempting to justify it

I understand that you fear for islamics already here. That's a legit concern that I relate to. It has dogged me for 2 decades now.

However that concern does not justify justifying what we all consider to be evil beliefs and the resulting acts to enforce those beliefs

Not only running around it, but seems to be accepting of it. Criticism of the prophet is neither hate speech nor Islamophobia. Then again you should fear Islam' s wrath if you draw a naughty picture of the prophet.

Just as not hating on Muslims is being an apologist.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

It's not hatred when they want to kill you.

cc

making excuses as some do is just that  .. apologizing for islam / appeasing for it etc. ..... but no one I know said that  "not hating on" people is anything bad

I do encounter many who make excuses for islam  (too many creative excuses to list) and then try to play innocent and fall back on that line  ... and I call that for what that is when I see it

but a genuine neutral "not hating on"  people is good .... Some of us hate islam for what it still is "today"   ... but do not "hate on" good people as a result

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"It's not hatred when they want to kill you.

Nearly one out of twelve verses in the Quran implies that Allah hates non Muslims.  If Allah creates infidels merely to fuel the fires of Hell, then there is little reason for Muslims to believe that such lives are of any worth in this world either.

smell the glove

I worked with a Muslim at one of my previous jobs.  Not that many Muslims around here, so I can only go by my personal experiences with him...

He wasn't the best at the job, that's for sure, and almost got canned a couple of times, but nonetheless he did show up on time everyday, and was kept on.

Personally?  He was OK.  He was a friendly guy, that seemed to embrace more "Western" then "Muslim" cultural beliefs.  

I was kind of amused when he told me his plans of attending that 420 event at the Vancouver Art Gallery (not sure if they even still do that?)  so, here is a middle aged Muslim guy attending some hippy smoke-in, to show his support.  WTF?

Anyhow, it became clear to me that the reason he immigrated to Canada was for the freedom...  Freedom he often complained that was not permitted in his home country.  He wanted to make a decent life for himself here, and his family (I only think he had a sister here at that point, but I'm not sure about the whole immigration process, or if the guy was even married back home).  He lived as a bachelor here, I do believe.

I don't think this guy would ever risk getting into serious trouble, trying to satisfy "Allah."  He had too much to lose, and wouldn't have dreamed of it.  He actually liked the fact that here, people have freedom and choice to generally do as they want, dress as they want, etc., and that's the reason he came here in the first place.  I doubt he'd ever jeopardize that.

This is why screening immigrants is truly important...  They are not all bad.  Some contribute, and they are OK, no matter where they come from.  However, an "open door" immigration policy is bad news, just like a steady stream of "refugees" can be also...  Screening is important.

Canada is relatively lax in this regard, at times, but we seem to be doing a better job than some other Western nations are, such as German Chancellor's Angela (let 'em all in) Merkel...

Anonymous

Muslims who do not observe the hatred of Islamic texts are A-OK. It's not Muslims that are bad, it's their ideas.