The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Which Poster Have You Known the Longest

Started by Anonymous, June 21, 2016, 05:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I registered on a board in 2005 where Shen Li was a regular. From reading Mel's posts I think some of you have known each other even longer. So which poster have you known the longest?

smell the glove

I've posted on DV from probably around that time also, 2005 give or take...

VERY few people would still be around from that time, posting here.  On memebee (regarding DV), I forget if I predate Evs on that board, but she was posting roughly around that similar time also...  Bruce and Zekko have been around since around that time also, and Mimi also.

RW has posted there also, so she's been around "these" boards for 10 years or so also.

Most have come and gone.  Of course, the problem with DV was, there was no registration...  It was all guest posting, with each post requiring some sort of user name entered into the field, so there maybe others that have been around for as long, but with DV as it was, it would be difficult to know by screen handle.

Suffice it to say, the vast majority have either died, or moved on.

Anonymous

Quote from: "smell the glove"I've posted on DV from probably around that time also, 2005 give or take...

VERY few people would still be around from that time, posting here.  On memebee, I forget if I predate Evs on that board, but she was posting roughly around that similar time also...  Bruce and Zekko have been around since around that time also, and Mimi also.

RW has posted there also, so she's been around "these" boards for 10 years or so also.

Most have come and gone.  Of course, the problem with DV was, there was no registration...  It was all guest posting, with each post requiring some sort of user name entered into the field, so there maybe others that have been around for as long, but with DV as it was, it would be difficult to know by screen handle.

Sufficed it to say, the vast majority have either died, or moved on.

So you have known RW the longest? That's what I thought.

smell the glove

Quote from: "Herman"So you have known RW the longest? That's what I thought.

No.  She appeared a little later at the original Snitz DV.

However, if we just talk posters that are currently still active here on this forum?  Then yes...  RW and I would probably be the two that go back the longest.  Keep in mind tough, that much like now, we were never "friends" then either...  Snitz DV was a different forum...  A different "flow."  A different beast!  It was busy enough for most posters to just do their own shit 99% of the time.

Also keep in mind that posters weren't restricted to one or two registered handles...  There was no registration.  It was a beautiful thing, in my opinion, and I personally did want to keep things that way when Vin bought DV, and he did for a while...  Nonetheless, the cranky hags fought for it, and eventually got their way.

It was what it was!

RW

I came onto the DV scene with a bunch of people already there.  I don't know who was and wasn't there back in 2004 but I remember Romero, Renee, cc, Keeper, Annie, Shen, Asia, and Mel from back in the day.  I think they were all on DV.  It's been so long it's hard to remember now.  I have no idea who I knew first.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "smell the glove"

However, if we just talk posters that are currently still active here on this forum?  Then yes...  RW and I would probably be the two that go back the longest.  Keep in mind tough, that much like now, we were never "friends" then either...  Snitz DV was a different forum...  A different "flow."  A different beast!  It was busy enough for most posters to just do their own shit 99% of the time.

Also keep in mind that posters weren't restricted to one or two registered handles...  There was no registration.  It was a beautiful thing, in my opinion, and I personally did want to keep things that way when Vin bought DV, and he did for a while...  Nonetheless, the cranky hags fought for it, and eventually got their way.

It was what it was!

I never heard of DV until long after it was gone..

You really miss it don't you smell the glove?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"I registered on a board in 2005 where Shen Li was a regular. From reading Mel's posts I think some of you have known each other even longer. So which poster have you known the longest?

Herman, I was a regular poster on that forum too..

I even modded one of the subs..

But, you and Rosa Li mostly posted in a sub that I avoided.

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "smell the glove"

It was what it was!

I never heard of DV until long after it was gone..

DV was really great.  Freedom yet moderated.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

I lurked a lot on Topix, but posted rarely. I joined the original of this forum when I read Gary Oak's sinophobia. I did not plan on staying, but here I am three and a half years later.

kiebers

There are 4 that I have posted with this year that I have known for about 17 years. Crowley, Scooter, Lioness and Blazor. Met all of them on Consumption Junction forum. Two of them have since quit posting in this dysfunctional family of forums here in Canada.  LOL
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"There are 4 that I have posted with this year that I have known for about 17 years. Crowley, Scooter, Lioness and Blazor. Met all of them on Consumption Junction forum. Two of them have since quit posting in this dysfunctional family of forums here in Canada.  LOL

:laugh:

@realAzhyaAryola

I think I joined in 2008. DV was a lot of fun then. I recall getting amused when I logged in and see that others had been viewing my profile and the number of profile views would always increase. I remember wondering who's viewing me? Bwahahahahaha! I'm just an old woman.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

cc

QuoteOf course, the problem with DV was, there was no registration... It was all guest posting, with each post requiring some sort of user name entered into the field,

More precisely, original was member-less and wild and crazy. It was hard to make posts and still follow the fast coming posts. Wild and crazy

It fairly soon became member only ..... with a separate area for non members

The "Wild West" area was wild ... but then fell to membership only
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

@realAzhyaAryola

DV and DDV. Forgot what DDV stood for.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

smell the glove

Quote from: "Fashionista"I never heard of DV until long after it was gone..

I liked it!

It wasn't without its faults, but it was the best of the bunch.  It had a larger reach, so it was a bit busier with more posters, and quite a varying array of topics.