The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

Happy 4th of July, Americanos.....

Started by JOE, July 04, 2016, 11:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

JOE

https://mgtvwcbd.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/july-4-fireworks.jpg">

Twenty Dollars

http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/seamajor1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-07/76AEE1C2-B2FE-48DC-AB6A-5F2E4F5B5076_zps9sxr1sme.jpg.html">

Thanks Joe. The Gringos here are having a softball game and picnic over in Brazilito. It's about 20k away. I think I'm going to skip it and lay low. Don't like to drive after mucha cervasas.

Anonymous

Happy fourth of July kiebers, Renee, Dove, Peaches and ELPHUPPHY.

ac_smile

JOE

...and now folks, we take a moment to observe the US National Holiday with its National Anthem:

Renee

Quote from: "JOE"...and now folks, we take a moment to observe the US National Holiday with its National Anthem:

Thank You, Joe. That was nice of you.

But that's not our "National Anthem" and never really was. In the past several patriotic tunes were used to typify the US but none of them were official.

"Hail Columbia" was written for George Washington's inaugural and is just one of two tunes used pre 1931 as an unofficial anthem for the US. The other being "My Country tis of Thee". But niether of those two pieces of music were ever our "official" National Anthem. Today "Hail Columbia" it is the official anthem played for the Vice-President.

The stirringly visual poem and ode to the US flag; "The Star-Spangled Banner", written by Francis Scott Key in 1814 became our official National Anthem by an act of congress in 1931. There is actually 4 stanzas to the poem (we had to learn all 4 in 7th grade music class) but the 1st is the one commonly used.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"Happy fourth of July kiebers, Renee, Dove, Peaches and ELPHUPPHY.

ac_smile

With an extra special shout out to Azhya who I'm betting sees the best July 4 has to offer the nation!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

kiebers

I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

RW

Quote from: "Herman"Happy 240th. ac_drinks

I read 420th and smoked a joint...for America.
Beware of Gaslighters!

kiebers

Quote from: "RW"

*Sniff*...brought a little tear to my eye

[size=50]either that or the coughing spell from the vape...[/size]
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Twenty Dollars

A fat dooby for the fourth. Patriotic. I'm in

JOE

Marijuana sure stinks, 'Real.

Ever since it has virtually become legal in Vancouver, the streets, busses and subway system reeks with its stench.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "JOE"

Ever since it has virtually become legal in Vancouver, the streets, busses and subway system reeks with its stench.

Try a vap pen. Hash oil doesn't smell.

@realAzhyaAryola

Happy Independence Day, Philippines! Not!

The Philippines saw an opportunity to rally beside Uncle Sam to fight the Spaniards during the Spanish-American war of 1898. The Philippines sought to break free from its 300-year imperial rulers, the Spaniards. It was a success. However, after Spain surrendered, the Treaty of Paris handed the Philippines over to the US but the Filipinos fought this. In turn, we turned against the Americans and fought them for years because we did not want to be their colony. Theodore Roosevelt declared victory over the Philippines on July 4, 1902. That was in fact a declaration of conquest not of independence. Fighting continued until 1910.

After the Philippines kept pushing for independence, eventually, the US began a transition toward sovereignty in the mid-1930s. We were to be independent on July 4, 1945 but World War II delayed this. Japan invaded the Philippines in 1942. Philippine Independence was delayed until July 4, 1946.

The Philippines only celebrated their Independence Day on July 4 until 1962. At that time, Philippine President Macapagal declared that the Philippine Independence Day should be June 12, to mark the day we declared independence from Spain.

The End
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"
Quote from: "JOE"

Try a vap pen. Hash oil doesn't smell.

You're an idiot.

Hahaha
Beware of Gaslighters!