The best topic

Replies: 10583
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:40:12 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Miscellaneous Thread Derailment

Started by Twenty Dollars, July 06, 2016, 04:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 83 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

In that case cc, media matters, rawstory, common dreams, the tyee, the intercept, and the centre for policy alternatives.

:laugh:

cc

to name just a few of so many in their arsenal  ac_smile

One could add the Washington ComPost and several others
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Quote from: "cc"
QuoteSearch engines rifle through the database to land (and rank) hits

Search engines rifle through the database to land (and rank) hits

They do that, but they also do a LOT more as of late.

Google, PC to its very core and the only one that matters, also ranks by words and phrases  it's PC owners  "like" and by words and phrases  they do  not like". This has become very prevalent and important in the fast few months re: ranking which directly determines the number of visitors.

And that's not an amateur opinion .. that's what our SEO pros tell us and what SEOs all say

Some amateur said something to the effect " we don't see nazis coming here"  ... completely missing the "site ranking" point that determines "overall" visitors  entirely. Today it is less about the words searched on and more about how Google God sees the overall site  

As you were "rank amateurs". Carry on

QuoteHUFFINGTON POST HUFFINGTON POST HUFFINGTON POST HUFFINGTON POST HUFFINGTON POST HUFFINGTON POST HUFFINGTON POST HUFFINGTON POST

Now, this plays into the other side of today's ranking coin. That one will increase site  rank .. the more poofter / two bit phony names / sites  like that mentioned, the more Google likes your site, the higher the ranking .. .  more visitors come .. the higher the traffic.

Thus Poofter linkers help the site to be seen. This is why we need and must encourage a few of them to be around .... as you all well know that I go out of my way to do  ac_smile

So in other words someone taught you something about SEO and now you think you're an expert.

Much to the chagrin of web site owners and developers, content itself isn't the driving factor in Google ranking.  It's LINKS to that content that really count.  Legitimate links to sites, legitimate links by other sites to your site, (not link spam), backlinks, directory listings, links on social media, metatags, keyword tags, and site traffic are far more important than individual words. Hell, site and page load time is more of a factor in ranking than how many times one single word is written.  The mere repetition of certain words is NOT a valid SEO strategy to get you ranked higher.  Feel free to confirm that with your "not amateur opinion" cc.

"Google God" is a set of algorithms BTW.

Anyway Fash, unless we are linking the 'S' word or another site is linking to us saying the word, it will be a non-issue. It's why we don't appear AT ALL in the Google results for the scary 'S' word despite it being said here many times.  Hell, I'm hard pressed to get a result including the words Blue Cashew.  If you are concerned about it, which you shouldn't be, I am happy to discuss managing webcrawling and  indexing on the back end of the board.  The forum software has some built in tools.

cc, don't quit your day job.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

^^All hell, I was going to change my handle to Stormin Norman.

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"^^All hell, I was going to change my handle to Stormin Norman.

:MG_216:

LOL!
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Going over that lesson, much of it in outdated  strategy, and was good for a laff  

Anyhow .. moving forward as before

OK, a change of plans for myself. No more self exile from most threads.

My self-imposed borders are over!!! Trying to stay clear  in order to keep the site civil for the last few months has not worked .... has not stopped the spouting of continual  & waaaay over the top venom and conveniently distorted misinformation upon myself and also upon others disagreed with.

So, cancel my earlier "I will avoid threads you are in" - In fact, au contraire

I am reverting back to were I was a few months ago  .. except  mainly ignoring the venom and conveniently distorted misinformation ... and  post everywhere I wish and will say anything I consider valid  .. (well, not sure on "politics" that I so love and am quit up on .... That is a shitshow of gobbletygook .. so we'll see if it ever gets real again)

This will again allow me the opportunity to get back to joking, smart-assing,  etc. (having and sharing fun) again in any  thread where I judge it to be appropriate (I suspect Fash may be happy about that element)  ... and I will get very active in other areas again. Maybe not overly active in politics which is  crazyville of late

The usual continual  & waaaay over the top venom and conveniently distorted misinformation  of course will not stop .. but it will fall into a vacuum.

It will get very few replies from myself when it is used on myself.  I'm not playing other's game.

(I edited "no replies" to be "very few" in the highly likely event the venom and conveniently distorted misinformation  ante is upped to an much higher level ). .. considering the escalating hate rate of late. (hey, I like that ...  "hate rate of late")

Ok, onward and upward. Anyone who wishes to set me up for good silly or smartassed lines, please do so in any thread ... I'm back to "play mode" .. without my  failed self imposed borders and restrictions.

RW

Quote from: "cc"Going over that lesson, much of it in outdated  strategy, and was good for a laff  

My self-imposed borders are over!!! Trying to stay clear  in order to keep the site civil for the last few months has not worked .... has not stopped the spouting of continual  & waaaay over the top venom and conveniently distorted misinformation upon myself and also upon others disagreed with.

I am reverting back to were I was a few months ago  .. except  mainly ignoring the venom and conveniently distorted misinformation ... and  post everywhere I wish and will say anything I consider valid  .. (well, not sure on "politics" that I so love and am quit up on .... That is a shitshow of gobbletygook .. so we'll see if it ever gets real again)

This will again allow me the opportunity to get back to joking, smart-assing,  etc. (having and sharing fun) again in any  thread where I judge it to be appropriate (I suspect Fash may be happy about that element)  ... and I will get very active in other areas again. Maybe not overly active in politics which is a bit like crazyville of late

The usual continual  & waaaay over the top venom and conveniently distorted misinformation  of course will not stop .. but it will fall into a vacuum.

It will get very few replies from myself when it is used on myself

(I edited "no replies" to be "very few" in the highly likely event the venom and conveniently distorted misinformation  ante is upped to an much higher level ). .. considering the escalating hate rate of late. (hey, I like that ...  "hate rate of late")

Label away ... on your own

Ok, onward. Anyone who wishes to set me up for a good silly or smartassed lines, please do so in any thread ... I'm back to "play mode" .. without my  failed self imposed borders and restrictions.

Please correct what I said that was wrong.  I mean, Google is tight lipped with it's algorithms but of course, YOU have it all figured out.  YOU who told Fash to remove the word "stormfront" because of search engine results might result in increased traffic.

LOL!

Bring on the gibberish baby!  It's about time you spent time outside your hate hole.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Blurt

Aimin\' to misbehave.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Going over that lesson, much of it in outdated  strategy, and was good for a laff  

This will again allow me the opportunity to get back to joking, smart-assing,  etc. (having and sharing fun) again in any  thread where I judge it to be appropriate (I suspect Fash may be happy about that element)  ... and I will get very active in other areas again. Maybe not overly active in politics which is  crazyville of late

It will get very few replies from myself when it is used on myself.  I'm not playing other's game.

Ok, onward and upward. Anyone who wishes to set me up for good silly or smartassed lines, please do so in any thread ... I'm back to "play mode" .. without my  failed self imposed borders and restrictions.

Welcome back to the dark side CC.  We've been expecting you. :evilthoughts2:

cc

lol, you knew, eh?  .. thanks ... "the light" wasn't all I had been lead to believe it was

ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"lol, you knew, eh?  .. thanks ... "the light" wasn't all I had been lead to believe it was

ac_smile

You mean no reward from allah?

RW

Dissing Islam and having you hang on her every word is the reward.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Angry White Male

CC threatened to have hit-men kill me, simply because I drove through White Rock...

Blurt

If those hitmen are smart, they'll have a beer delivery ramp installed leading straight to your living room, Mel.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview