The best topic

Replies: 10591
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:18:44 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Miscellaneous Thread Derailment

Started by Twenty Dollars, July 06, 2016, 04:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 87 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

kiebers

Quote from: "Shen Li"Just curious why this thread is in RR?

I didn't move the thread just the derails.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blurt

Quote from: "GORDY GAMBINO"I bet ya I can see that mole on ya left leg when I'm giving ya the doggy Patts style.

ac_toofunny  ac_toofunny  ac_toofunny  ac_toofunny

Christ.

Not even my ex ever mentioned that mole.

You're creeping me out, Gordo.  ac_wot
Aimin\' to misbehave.

RW

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "RW"He was mistreated by Canadians as well.

How?

He was a terrorist, ffs.

Go eat a hot dog.

With relish!!!

:beurk:

How about before you shoot off at me that you have an iota of a clue of what you are talking about.  I'm tired of debating Shit with you because you like to rattle my cage while being completely clueless.

Oh YEAH???

Bring it sister.

Put that dollar hot dog down first though... :beurk:

It's you who eats hotdogs ... with relish.

Bring what?  You wouldn't know WTF I was talking about so no point.
Beware of Gaslighters!

GORDY GAMBINO

RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Just curious why this thread is in RR?

I didn't move the thread just the derails.

I was wondering what happened to Bricktop's thread. :laugh3:

JOE

Quote from: "Velvet"Whether Sgt Speer's widow is successful in a Canadian court will likely depend on the outcome of Khadr's war  crimes appeal conviction. Ontario Superior Court will likely want to wait for the outcome of Khadr's appeal of his war crime convictions before making a decision on the enforcement of the Utah court settlement ruling.

If his appeal is unsuccessful, he will have an uphill battle to keep the Trudeau payout as Utah is a jurisdiction where legal processes are not radically different from Canada. Canada's federal Justice for Victims of Terrorism Act, which "allows victims of terrorism to sue perpetrators of terrorism and their supporters."

Perhaps my prior assessment of Speer's widow seemed a bit harsh. She has suffered the loss of her husband, left a widow. And she has suffered tremendous hardship.  At the same time, is it the responsibility of the Canadian taxpayer to provide funds to American widows and their children of US servicemen through settlement? Whether the $10 million goes to Khadr or not, it sure as heck shouldn't go to her, either. That's Canadian taxpayer money. Doesn't the USA, a $20 trillion economy have the funds for her through its Veterans Administration? It's not Canada's responsiblity to provide any compensation whatsoever to the widows of American serviceman.

At the same time, I agree with many here, that the Khadr compensation package was handled poorly. Instead of a cash settlement, Trudeau should have offered a package of grants, such as funds for business startup, retraining, university education and free housing, enhanced medical care and a guaranteed old age pension. In other words, a cradle to the grave security package.But offering $10 million in cash was a mistake. From a tactical and public relations standpoint.

Even if Khadr was deserving of that amount, of course this will evoke feelings of jealousy. ie - from those in similar circumstances, who've been wrongly accused an incarcerated, yet received nothing. And Trudeau's excuse, that they had to settle to reduce costs was also poor. He could've offered a package of grants, with a take it or leave it clause. Likewise, victims of insurance settlements rarely get everything they want on a silver platter. Often, the settlement takes years, and the payee tries to push down the settlement. Khadr should have been accorded the same kind of treatment.

No, Trudeau didn't handle this situation well

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

The question that should be asked is what is a troll like Joe doing outside RR.

RW

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"The question that should be asked is what is a troll like Joe doing outside RR.

I'm pretty sure the question is why are on topic posts being moved to a derailment thread?  Is this board about who you like vs don't like or about doing the right thing?

Why are you afraid to keep an on topic post in a thread?  Does it threaten your delicate sensibilities or some shit?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"The question that should be asked is what is a troll like Joe doing outside RR.

Well, I'm not going to do that..

JOE loves this type of reaction..

Now, he has something to whine about on VF.

RW

Unfair modding practises are something to complain about.

Why don't you people get your shit together and quit fucking over posters who take the time to actually contribute some original and self written content to this place?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Unfair modding practises are something to complain about.

Why don't you people get your shit together and quit fucking over posters who take the time to actually contribute some original and self written content to this place?

I'm suspicious of anything JOE posts here, but I disagree with confining him to RR or as someone called it in a pm, the drunk tank..

Same goes with moving his posts around.

RW

So why was his on topic post moved?

Hell, Odindon's pedo posts are approved but Joe's on topic shit gets RRed?

Come on Fash.  This is getting ridiculous ... again.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"So why was his on topic post moved?

That was a mistake.

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"So why was his on topic post moved?

That was a mistake.

I don't see you moving Joe's post back where it belongs.

How about employing some modding standards around here rather than pretending mods can just do whatever the fuck they want.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview