Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Re: David Suzuki: What A Sleazy Hypocrit

Started by Anonymous, February 03, 2013, 03:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

boi oi oi oi ng!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe it's the first possibility .. "simply unable to see the actual message a person coveys"
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Romero

Trying to talk to cc is like trying to talk to Adolf Hitler.

What? I wasn't comparing you to Hitler. How did you get that idea?

RW

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "cc li tarte"She said no such thing.

Quote from: "Renee"It's like saying that Himmler thought Adolf Hitler was an upstanding nice guy.

That says like minded people think others are swell, not Suzuki is Hitler.

The real issue is, how does Renee really know if Himmler thought Hitler was an upstanding nice guy?  Maybe he thought he was a ruthless bastard and that's what he liked about him.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Either way, Godwin's Law has reared it's ugly head once again.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc li tarte"Some friends of a friend we occasionally party with in Van  ...  trannies who used to be  pre-op  "working girls"  tell interesting "tails" of the slimebag. Two claimed he stiffed them during .... and "after"

I like his show The Nature of Things..

He seems like a kindly grandfather type, but I know looks can be deceiving.

It would seem that is part of the problem with being in the public eye. The personality they project might be very different from who they really are. You have to remember that famous people live in a bubble of yes men. No is not a word they hear very often and from what I gather David Suzuki is no different.

Enjoy his program on CBC, but putting celebrities up on a pedestal will only lead to disappointment.

Renee

Quote from: "Real Woman"Renee, do you have any idea how fucking stupid that sounds?

It might sound stupid to you but compared to your last post it was genius. I'm really starting to worry about you.

Do you really believe that a follower of an extremist is going to give an accurate character description of their leader? How can they when their point of view is probably just as skewed as his is. Extremists are extremely single minded people and they only know one thing and that is agenda, agenda, agenda. In their view anyone who follows that agenda must be aces. A rational person would question someone as single minded as an extremist and would look at them as candidates for the loony bin.

Do you get it now?
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Real Woman"Renee, do you have any idea how fucking stupid that sounds?

It might sound stupid to you but compared to your last post it was genius. I'm really starting to worry about you.

Do you really believe that a follower of an extremist is going to give an accurate character description of their leader? How can they when their point of view is probably just as skewed as his is. Extremists are extremely single minded people and they only know one thing and that is agenda, agenda, agenda. In their view anyone who follows that agenda must be aces. A rational person would question someone as single minded as an extremist and would look at them as candidates for the loony bin.

Do you get it now?

An admin assistant working at a foundation doesn't scream "extremist" to me. And once again, I have worked with people who have similar views as I do and I still thought they were fucking pricks.  Why you can't wrap your head around that is beyond me.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "Real Woman"
Quote from: "cc li tarte"She said no such thing.

Quote from: "Renee"It's like saying that Himmler thought Adolf Hitler was an upstanding nice guy.

That says like minded people think others are swell, not Suzuki is Hitler.

The real issue is, how does Renee really know if Himmler thought Hitler was an upstanding nice guy? Maybe he thought he was a ruthless bastard and that's what he liked about him.

Hopefully you are joking because if not, you really are stupid.

Regardless of what or how Himmler thought he was obviously fanatical enough to support Adolf in all his decisions. And whether or not he liked Hitler on a personal level doesn't matter. He probably knew that if he didn't support his leader he would end up out of a job or dead. So that means don't speak badly of the boss because the consequences will be non to pleasant.

Do you think it is any different for any other follower of an extremist nut?????
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Renee

Do you get it now?

An admin assistant working at a foundation doesn't scream "extremist" to me. And once again, I have worked with people who have similar views as I do and I still thought they were fucking pricks.  Why you can't wrap your head around that is beyond me.

Since when do extremists ever see themselves as extreme?

I really don't care what you see or how you view it. Don't think for one second that Suzuki isn't one of those megalomaniac dickheads that wouldn't attempt to make a colleague's life uncomfortable if that colleague decided to criticize or give an accurate character description.

Romero

Quote from: "Renee"Since when do extremists ever see themselves as extreme?

I really don't care what you see or how you view it. Don't think for one second that Suzuki isn't one of those megalomaniac dickheads that wouldn't attempt to make a colleague's life uncomfortable if that colleague decided to criticize or give an accurate character description.

Since you don't like him, you may as well just assume. That's good enough for you!

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"Since when do extremists ever see themselves as extreme?

Since you don't like him, you may as well just assume. That's good enough for you!

Look nitwit I have no feelings about the man one way or the other. All I know is that he is considered a leftwing extremist on most accounts and from what I understand of his sociopolitical and environmental point of view I have to concur.   That being the case, I have to conclude that like all extremists, he is a bit of a "nut".

Oh and BTW, anyone who supports or defends extremism (of any kind) is also a "nut" in my book.

RW

WTF do you know about the guy or working with or for him?  Do YOU know anyone who has worked with or for him?  Oh.  I have!  I can say my former boss, who worked for him was no extremist unless you consider extreme niceness criminal then she stands convicted.

My point is Renee, you know fuck all and are talking out of your ass.  But hey, thanks for coming out anyway.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Quote from: "Renee"Look nitwit I have no feelings about the man one way or the other. All I know is that he is considered a leftwing extremist on most accounts and from what I understand of his sociopolitical and environmental point of view I have to concur.   That being the case, I have to conclude that like all extremists, he is a bit of a "nut".

Oh and BTW, anyone who supports or defends extremism (of any kind) is also a "nut" in my book.

That's what you call having no feelings about the man?  :lol:

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"Look nitwit I have no feelings about the man one way or the other. All I know is that he is considered a leftwing extremist on most accounts and from what I understand of his sociopolitical and environmental point of view I have to concur.   That being the case, I have to conclude that like all extremists, he is a bit of a "nut".

That's what you call having no feelings about the man?  :lol:

Yeah I have no real personal feeling about the man. Until his craziness affects me he is free to be a nut all he wants. That doesn't mean I can't call him a loon based on my observations.

Renee

WTF do you know about the guy or working with or for him?  Do YOU know anyone who has worked with or for him?  Oh.  I have!  I can say my former boss, who worked for him was no extremist unless you consider extreme niceness criminal then she stands convicted.

My point is Renee, you know fuck all and are talking out of your ass.  But hey, thanks for coming out anyway.

So your former boss was a nice person. Like that doesn't taint your opinion.  :lol:

Get real FFS. Talk about talking out your ass.