The best topic

Replies: 10372
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:06:46 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

TITLE EDIT - Turkey is Now Cooked .... and Ready for Fundy Dinner

Started by cc, July 15, 2016, 04:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"People do not go places they are not comfortable in

Not sure what would be funny about that

Your ridiculous conclusion was laughable so I laughed.

Was a whole post re-write due to my question being too hard to answer?
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

what was the question and ridiculous  conclusion again? .... this ludicrous page has me lost

Sorry, but I'm still thinking about Nice .... that one turned me inside out
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"what was the question and conclusion again? .... this ludicrous page has me lost

Sorry, but I'm still thinking about Nice .... that one turned me inside out

It's right below the post you re-wrote.  I'm sure you can manage to find it.

Did you know Muslims bystanders died in Nice as well?  Do you think of them?
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

yes Rohammed, I did know ... and the fact some islamics were in the group and were killed changes another  act of  cruel hateful  islamic slaughter how?

Anonymous

In Turkey Erdogan's grip the country is tight and he persistently pushes for more authority. Former Prime Minister, Ahmet Davutoglu crossed and was removed. The sweeping definition of terrorism, which has been used to detain journalists and academics.

I won't even get into comments he has made about the role of Turkish women in society.

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"yes Rohammed, I did know ... and the fact some islamics were in the group and were killed changes another  act of  cruel hateful  islamic slaughter how?

It doesn't.  I just wondered if you knew the difference between the driver of the truck and those under its wheels.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

I won't try any longer to understand what you said ..... as nothing good came to mind

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"I won't try any longer to understand what you said ..... as nothing good came to mind

I have no idea what that means but if you've got it figured out, can you let the others know?

Thanks!
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

lol .. it was me trying to figure what you had said (or meant) previously  ... and failing
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "cc la femme"yes Rohammed, I did know ... and the fact some islamics were in the group and were killed changes another  act of  cruel hateful  islamic slaughter how?

It doesn't.  I just wondered if you knew the difference between the driver of the truck and those under its wheels.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Turkey army group announces takeover on TV

An army group in Turkey says it has taken control of the country, with bridges closed in Istanbul and aircraft flying low over Ankara.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36809083">http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36809083

All of Erdogan's fundy replacements of military bosses failed!!

Ataturk wins again (maybe, we shall see how this shakes out) for the 4th time in 100 years

We can talk about how he set things up to protect against vile islam and to protect the people later

it is quite a story - Quite a guy - Knew how to control vile islam

It seems the Turkish army has gone coup coup.

:laugh:

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"It seems the Turkish army has gone coup coup.

good one

I'll be nice and  for the moment refrain from playing on the word turkey  .. even though in light of recent going all fundy years, many appropriate  thoughts come to mind

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"good one

I am glad you like it cc la femme..

I thought it might have been perceived as in bad taste.

cc

That is possible, but coming from yourself I know you meant no evil ,,, as an innocent play on words it's good

cc

On the serious side, I'm very sad for Turkey .... have been for the last several years as it  has gone progressively more and more fundy ... despite rather strange assurances from RW's family that it a great place.

Especially sad is that this has played right into the wannabe khaliph's hands. He is now "cleansing" secular minded opposition in military ... and worse in the judicial and legislative  systems at a greatly accelerated rate  .. using this as the convenient excuse "to secure the people from harm" .... end result being he is now rapidly guarantying a permanent hard core islamist run country

A majority of its people seem to be on board with that as they voted islamist in the last 2 elections

Quote from: "NT TIMES in same link below"Meanwhile, the Welfare Party finished first in a close national election, and Erbakan became the country's first Islamist prime minister in 1996. With his rhetorical cannons firing away, he declared Turkish politics a pitiful imitation of the West and announced a campaign for worldwide Muslim solidarity. He overreached. After 12 months, the military forced him to resign.

There had long been differences between the younger party leaders, who came to be known as the modernists, and Erbakan and his men -- whom they called the Politburo. When Erbakan was ousted and subsequently banned from politics, the modernists had their opening. But first they had to withstand the legacy of Erbakan's radical provocations of the establishment, a crackdown that would pave the way for Erdogan's rise.

In December 1997, the Welfare Party sent Erdogan to a political rally in southeastern Siirt, an impoverished, religious district where his wife's family originated. On that day, as he had several times before, he recited a quatrain by Ziya Gokalp, an ideologue of Turkish nationalism:

''The mosques are our barracks,/the domes our helmets,/the minarets our bayonets,/ and the believers our soldiers.''

The guy who as mayor said "" ''Democracy is like a streetcar. When you come to your stop, you get off" ...  http://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/11/magazine/the-erdogan-experiment.html?pagewanted=all">http://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/11/magaz ... wanted=all">http://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/11/magazine/the-erdogan-experiment.html?pagewanted=all  ...  now has the last obstacles out of the way to  change the constitution to protect fundamentalism instead of secularism

He's now able to step off the streetcar (democracy) - The Khaliph has arrived

Ataturk's 100 year old secular constitution with its built in military protection for secularism is gone, it is totally dead now .. in large part made easy because the population has steadily become much  more fundamentalist

One more step / win for islamic fundamentalism that has been markedly on the rise for a couple of decades now "everywhere" throughout the world ....

and yes, I said and meant "everywhere"

cc

http://abcnews.go.com/International/us-troops-turkish-air-base-highest-force-protection/story?id=40634670">ABC NEWS - U.S. Troops at Turkish Air Base on Highest Force Protection Level

U.S. troops at Turkey's Incirlik air base were at the highest force protection level, known as "condition Delta," after power was cut off at the base and the Turkish government closed the airspace around the site in the hours following a foiled military coup attempt, a U.S. official told ABC News today.

Turkish officials told ABC News they believe Turkish planes docked at Incirlik Air Base took part in Friday night's coup attempt, which is why the site is locked down.

Turkey allows the United States to use the air base for operations associated with its air campaign against ISIS in Iraq and Syria.

There are 2,200 U.S. personnel in Turkey, including 1,500 stationed at Incirlik.