Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Equality of Outcome? That is Just Stupid

Started by Anonymous, July 21, 2016, 02:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

I'm going to tell you a true story here now...

A few years ago, as an employee, I was told to "make it work" with an individual of recent immigration, of Islamic descent.

He could not drive to our standards.  He was a nice guy, and I didn't mind him personally.  Nonetheless, he wasn't suited for the job.

Told to "make it work?"  I asked the Boss what the fuck that meant!  He went silent.

I did not approve his hire.  He was hired anyhow.

He did so much damage that he was let go two weeks after hire.

I never did get the full story of why I had to "make it work" with this one guy...

And it didn't work, as I predicted on the very first day.

Angry White Male

I feel everyone's pain.  I do.  I know what it's like looking for work myself, broke, and getting turned down time after time.

I KNOW this.  I have done what I do long enough, to know more than the guys that are 20 years my senior THINK they know...

It's always fun when some old fuck tries to tell me my job...  Oh well!

I do what I do well, and can always find work anywhere I go.

The fact is, is that many others cannot.  And that is not my problem...  I do agree with Joe, that immigration should be tied to labour needs at the time, ensuring a balance...

Renee

Mel....you're moving dirt from point "A" to point "B"; you're not sending rockets to the moon.

Ever think that maybe some of those more experienced "old fucks" who have been moving dirt longer than you, might know what they are talking about?

But no....you know everything. No one can tell YOU what to do, especially regarding the logistics of moving fucking dirt.

Jesus Christ Mel, find something else to try and impress us with.  :oeudC:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I feel everyone's pain.  I do.  I know what it's like looking for work myself, broke, and getting turned down time after time.

I KNOW this.  I have done what I do long enough, to know more than the guys that are 20 years my senior THINK they know...

It's always fun when some old fuck tries to tell me my job...  Oh well!

I do what I do well, and can always find work anywhere I go.

The fact is, is that many others cannot.  And that is not my problem...  I do agree with Joe, that immigration should be tied to labour needs at the time, ensuring a balance...

Immigration should be all about what can you do for us.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"We've both had to make the calls.

Like I said, I did my my best with what were the most qualified candidates.

If that candidate was a White male, it was a White male.

To tell me that I have to hire someone else, ANYONE else, other than a White male, to prove "equality," would be the worst thing that I could do.

And I wouldn't do it.

My husband is the shop manager at a specialized oilfield service company..

My husband has the final say on new hires, whether they finish their probation and if they progress in their apprenticeship..

He does not have any say over the number of layoffs though..

That is dictated by the market for oilfield services and incompetent provincial government policy.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"We've both had to make the calls.

Like I said, I did my my best with what were the most qualified candidates.

If that candidate was a White male, it was a White male.

To tell me that I have to hire someone else, ANYONE else, other than a White male, to prove "equality," would be the worst thing that I could do.

And I wouldn't do it.

My husband is the shop manager at a specialized oilfield service company..

My husband has the final say on new hires, whether they finish their probation and if they progress in their apprenticeship..

He does not have any say over the number of layoffs though..

That is dictated by the market for oilfield services and incompetent provincial government policy.

How are they doing?