The best topic

Replies: 10365
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 10:38:44 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by formosan

Honored be thy name

Started by shin, July 22, 2016, 09:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Renee

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
QuoteIt's not exactly racist....but it certainly qualifies as race baiting.

That's how I should have worded it Renee?

Race baiting. :negative:

I remember in Ireland, people would say the Irish built America. Germans and Italians also had exaggerated claims. No big deal in my opinion. But, if Irish-Americans, German-Americans or Italian-Americans say that, they are race baiting? That is so stupid.

Its not racial to say the Irish built or the Germans, Italians, etc built America. That's simply exaggerated national pride. It's not the same as saying a particular racial group is responsible. Saying that slaves built the capital or the Whitehouse is a passive aggressive admonishment toward white Americans saying that they took advantage of the oppressed blacks and they should be ashamed of it.

Truth is no one alive today should be ashamed of 18th and 19th century morality. No one alive today had anything to do with it. The idea that people today should somehow bare responsibility or shame for the, the social conditions and morality of a world that ended over 150 years ago is ludicrous and insulting. Its an excuse to play the victim card and to seek out protected class status.

Furthermore, just to be clear.....the Whitehouse that the Obama's live in is not the original Whitehouse that was partially built by slave labor. In 1814 the original Whitehouse was looted and burned to the ground by the British during James Madison's presidency. When the fire was out a day and a half later, the only thing remaining was a partial shell. The building was then rebuilt by free carpenters, craftsman and stone masons mostly coming from Maryland and Virginia. So Michelle Obama's statement was misleading and purposely inflammatory. She's been great for shit like that because she's a leftwing radical with an axe to grind.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

I remember in Ireland, people would say the Irish built America. Germans and Italians also had exaggerated claims. No big deal in my opinion. But, if Irish-Americans, German-Americans or Italian-Americans say that, they are race baiting? That is so stupid.

Its not racial to say the Irish built or the Germans, Italians, etc built America. That's simply exaggerated national pride. It's not the same as saying a particular racial group is responsible. Saying that slaves built the capital or the Whitehouse is a passive aggressive admonishment toward white Americans saying that they took advantage of the oppressed blacks and they should be ashamed of it.

Truth is no one alive today should be ashamed of 18th and 19th century morality. No one alive today had anything to do with it. The idea that people today should somehow bare responsibility or shame for the, the social conditions and morality of a world that ended over 150 years ago is ludicrous and insulting. Its an excuse to play the victim card and to seek out protected class status.

Furthermore, just to be clear.....the Whitehouse that the Obama's live in is not the original Whitehouse that was partially built by slave labor. In 1814 the original Whitehouse was looted and burned to the ground by the British during James Madison's presidency. When the fire was out a day and a half later, the only thing remaining was a partial shell. The building was then rebuilt by free carpenters, craftsman and stone masons mostly coming from Maryland and Virginia. So Michelle Obama's statement was misleading and purposely inflammatory. She's been great for shit like that because she's a leftwing radical with an axe to grind.

I doubt many public figures would have the guts to challenge the first lady the way you have.

Anonymous

Ukrainians faced a lot of discrimination one hundred years ago in Canada including internment as enemy aliens. The reason the Ku Klux Klan got a toe hold in Canada was because of Ukrainian immigrants. If I see a fellow Ukrainian-Canadian pull the victim card,  I will punch him in the head.

Rambo Wong

QuoteBullshit, the Napoleonic code does not legalize or condone "Honor Killings".

Article 324 States that murder committed against a wife by her husband is not excusable unless in cases of self defense or in cases of adultery where the husband walks in on his wife in the middle of the act of adultery with another man. It must also take place in the house where the husband and wife dwell.

In other words, it's what would be termed "a crime of passion".

Honor killings are more often that not premeditated acts of murder.

I've seen this bullshit excuse and reasoning before and it's pure crap.

Be careful Fash.....this place is in danger of rapidly becoming "Jahdi Watch Part 2".

Renee, I lived in the Islamo shit holes of the Middle East and South Asia long enough to know the difference between crimes of passion and honor killings. I would have preferred France pre 1975 anyday over anything governed by Islamists. I am just pointing out how it influenced middle East nations penal codes. Some of those countries were of course former French colonies.

Understood, I just don't want to perpetuate the myth that the Napoleonic Code excuses or condones so called "honor killings". That's pure bullshit used by the apologists of radical Islam. It's a perversion of history used for a dangerous sociopolitical agenda.

That shit makes my blood boil. It's no different than that bitch Michelle Obama who recently stated that slaves built the Whitehouse. Anyone with a brain knows that's a half truth and an insult to the actual white Irish and Scottish craftsman and stone masons who performed most of the actual construction work. But the left and their cronies in the media will beat on about it, until it becomes ingrained in the minds of the uninformed.

Would that be considered a racist insult in the USA to say that Renee?

It's not exactly racist....but it certainly qualifies as race baiting.

Besides, according to the sociopolitical left, you can't be racist towards white people. White people aren't capable of being discriminated against.  :laugh3:

If you believe that, I have a beautiful bridge for sale. Interested in a large purchase? :laugh3:

Holy Angelina Jolie, what a racist thing for Renee to say.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Rambo Wong"
QuoteBullshit, the Napoleonic code does not legalize or condone "Honor Killings".

Article 324 States that murder committed against a wife by her husband is not excusable unless in cases of self defense or in cases of adultery where the husband walks in on his wife in the middle of the act of adultery with another man. It must also take place in the house where the husband and wife dwell.

Be careful Fash.....this place is in danger of rapidly becoming "Jahdi Watch Part 2".

Renee, I lived in the Islamo shit holes of the Middle East and South Asia long enough to know the difference between crimes of passion and honor killings. I would have preferred France pre 1975 anyday over anything governed by Islamists. I am just pointing out how it influenced middle East nations penal codes. Some of those countries were of course former French colonies.

Understood, I just don't want to perpetuate the myth that the Napoleonic Code excuses or condones so called "honor killings". That's pure bullshit used by the apologists of radical Islam. It's a perversion of history used for a dangerous sociopolitical agenda.

That shit makes my blood boil. It's no different than that bitch Michelle Obama who recently stated that slaves built the Whitehouse. Anyone with a brain knows that's a half truth and an insult to the actual white Irish and Scottish craftsman and stone masons who performed most of the actual construction work. But the left and their cronies in the media will beat on about it, until it becomes ingrained in the minds of the uninformed.

Would that be considered a racist insult in the USA to say that Renee?

It's not exactly racist....but it certainly qualifies as race baiting.

Besides, according to the sociopolitical left, you can't be racist towards white people. White people aren't capable of being discriminated against.  :laugh3:

If you believe that, I have a beautiful bridge for sale. Interested in a large purchase? :laugh3:

Holy Angelina Jolie, what a racist thing for Renee to say.

What is with your latest crush on AJ? I think he could be a Sinophobe.

shin

I don't know of the context where she stated that, but weren't Irish people also enslaved during the early years of the Colonies? I could be wrong; it was just something I heard along the way when I was told about how they have been mistreated over time.

edit: Nevermind my last question. According to a quick search, Irish people were never victims of chattel slavery.

Renee

Quote from: "shin"

I don't know of the context where she stated that, but weren't Irish people also enslaved during the early years of the Colonies? I could be wrong; it was just something I heard along the way when I was told about how they have been mistreated over time.

edit: Nevermind my last question. According to a quick search, Irish people were never victims of chattel slavery.

The only people to enslave the Irish were the fucking British and that took place in Ireland. The British also performed a type of systematic genocide against the Irish by stealing there land, forbidding them to grow crops like corn or wheat and basically allowing them to starve by the hundreds of thousands during the times of the potato blight.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Romero

QuoteDid slaves build the White House?

The decision to place the capital on land ceded by two pro-slavery states-Virginia and Maryland-ultimately influenced the acquisition of laborers to construct its public buildings. The D.C. commissioners, charged by Congress with building the new city under the direction of the president, initially planned to import workers from Europe to meet their labor needs. However, response to recruitment was dismal and soon they turned to African Americans—both enslaved and free—to provide the bulk of labor that built the White House, the United States Capitol, and other early government buildings.

Stonemason Collen Williamson trained enslaved people on the spot at the government's quarry at Aquia, Virginia. Enslaved people quarried and cut the rough stone that was later dressed and laid by Scottish masons to erect the walls of the President's House. The slaves joined a work force that included local white laborers and artisans from Maryland and Virginia, as well as immigrants from Ireland, Scotland, and other European nations.

https://www.whitehousehistory.org/questions/did-slaves-build-the-white-house">//https://www.whitehousehistory.org/questions/did-slaves-build-the-white-house

QuoteThe Whitewashed House

Jesse Holland, a reporter, researcher, and author of the book The Invisibles: The Untold Story of African American Slaves in the White House, said that his own research indicated that at least two-thirds of laborers who worked on the U.S. Capitol building (and by extension, the White House) were slaves:

Through research, we've been able to determine that just about 400 of the more than 600 people who worked on the construction of the Capitol were African American slaves. Maybe another fifty or so were African American freedmen. These are people who had their papers to signify that they were free. So the entire building, the center of democracy in the United States, was created by African American slaves.

"A lot of people don't think about it, but the White House is a mansion in a southern area," Holland told us:

Not only the construction as far as building the wall. They not only quarried the clay used for the bricks, they dug the foundation ... and they also were used on the interior work of the White House.

Slaves were used in the construction of just about everything, including mansions and other government buildings, and they were used in the construction of the White House as well.

http://www.snopes.com/was-the-white-house-built-by-slaves/">//http://www.snopes.com/was-the-white-house-built-by-slaves/

Renee

Truth is no one really knows how many slaves were used as the records of who did what are woefully incomplete. Most of what we know is conjecture and speculation. Of course Romero would consider the work of a biased source the gospel according to Saint Prog.

The US government at the time had outlawed direct conscription of slave labor for government projects but independent contractors were free to use whatever labor source they wished.

No one is denying that slave labor was used. It's the inflammatory rhetoric claiming that slaves built the Whitehouse while excluding and ignoring the free craftsman, stone masons and artisans who contributed just as much to the construction is what is at issue here.

Miss the point much?......again.

BTW, that still doesn't address the fact that the Whitehouse that every president since James Monroe has  lived in, is not the original Whitehouse. Only a partial shell is original. Aside from the fire of 1814 and it's subsequent rebuilding by 1817, the Whitehouse has gone through enormous changes without the use of slave labor. In 1902 Theodore Roosevelt added the West Wing, in the 1920s a third floor was added and in the 1930s the East Wing was added.

In 1945 during the Truman Admin, due to age and neglect, the The Whitehouse had become unsafe to live in. The ENTIRE building was gutted right down to the bare exterior walls and rebuilt. Two additional basement levels were also added which means the foundation isn't even 100% original anymore.

So it's pretty obvious that only a fraction of the standing building that Michelle Obama now occupies was built by slave labor.

Anonymous

Good morning Renee..

ac_hithere

It's a holiday today in Alberta and most other provinces.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"Good morning Renee..

ac_hithere

Please excuse my ignorance, I forgot it was your "Civic Holiday".

Sorry. I hope you and everyone are enjoying yourselves.

Anonymous

ac_hithere

No holiday today in the USA Renee?

No stat day to remember past wars or dead presidents?

:laugh:

Renee

ac_hithere

That's our Memorial Day. It was in May.

Anonymous

ac_hithere

That's our Memorial Day. It was in May.

I know Renee..

I was being a little sarcastic..

I'm just enjoying the long weekend.

ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Truth is no one really knows how many slaves were used as the records of who did what are woefully incomplete. Most of what we know is conjecture and speculation. Of course Romero would consider the work of a biased source the gospel according to Saint Prog.

The US government at the time had outlawed direct conscription of slave labor for government projects but independent contractors were free to use whatever labor source they wished.

No one is denying that slave labor was used. It's the inflammatory rhetoric claiming that slaves built the Whitehouse while excluding and ignoring the free craftsman, stone masons and artisans who contributed just as much to the construction is what is at issue here.

Miss the point much?......again.

BTW, that still doesn't address the fact that the Whitehouse that every president since James Monroe has  lived in, is not the original Whitehouse. Only a partial shell is original. Aside from the fire of 1814 and it's subsequent rebuilding by 1817, the Whitehouse has gone through enormous changes without the use of slave labor. In 1902 Theodore Roosevelt added the West Wing, in the 1920s a third floor was added and in the 1930s the East Wing was added.

In 1945 during the Truman Admin, due to age and neglect, the The Whitehouse had become unsafe to live in. The ENTIRE building was gutted right down to the bare exterior walls and rebuilt. Two additional basement levels were also added which means the foundation isn't even 100% original anymore.

So it's pretty obvious that only a fraction of the standing building that Michelle Obama now occupies was built by slave labor.

Even Homo-ero's link acknowledges the contribution of European skilled labour.