Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Asian Recipes

Started by Anonymous, February 04, 2013, 08:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Odinson"
That guy is a real fucking winner. Sexually frustrated loser who takes out his anger on women like Fash who have done nothing to him. He derves involuntary bachelorhood. Hmmm, reminds me of of Oscar Mayer/Wambo Rong...hmmm.

I do feel pissed.

I'll bet he's some little loser that you could slap fucking silly. Hell, I bet I could kick the shit of the cyber-hero.

Leave the ass kicking to me, iron chink. :D I like it.

Anonymous

I do feel pissed.

I'll bet he's some little loser that you could slap fucking silly. Hell, I bet I could kick the shit of the cyber-hero.

Leave the ass kicking to me, iron chink. :D I like it.

Thank you Mr Odinson...Hello Kitty has never liked me.

:(

Anonymous

I'm making lemon squares tonight so my husband and children will have some to take for lunches..

My husband doesn't have a sweet tooth but he likes lemon squares.

Crust:

* 1/2 cup(125 ml) all-purpose flour

* 1 pkg of chopped walnuts

* 1/4 cup(60 ml) icing sugar

* a smidgen of salt

* 1/3 cup(75 ml) cold unsalted butter

Custard:

* 4 large eggs

* 1 cup(250 ml) sugar

* 2/3(150 ml) fresh lemon juice

* 1/4(60 ml) all-purpose flour

* 1 tsp.(5 ml) pure vanilla extract

* 1/4 tsp.(1 ml) icing sugar for dusting

In bowl, beat together butter, sugar and salt until light; stir in flour until blended. Press into prepared pan. Bake in centre of 325°F (160°C) oven until golden, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on rack.

TOPPING: Meanwhile, in bowl, beat eggs with granulated sugar until pale and thickened. Add lemon rind and juice, flour and baking powder; beat until smooth. Pour over base.

Bake in centre of 325°F (160°C) oven until set, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on rack. Dust with icing sugar. Cut into bars. (Make-ahead: Layer between waxed paper in airtight container; refrigerate for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 1 month.)

Pinay

Hhhmm, that is so delish Fash ! make sure you make some extra for me  :D  pleasie  :)

Anonymous

Thank you Pinay for the recipe for chicken adobo..

It was mouth-watering.

Ingredients

125ml (1/2 cup) apple cider vinegar (see note)

80ml (1/3 cup) soy sauce

6 cloves garlic, bruised

3cm piece ginger, finely grated

2 long red chillies, thinly sliced, plus extra, sliced, to serve

4 bay leaves

55g (1/4 cup firmly packed) brown sugar

1 tbs black peppercorns

1 large onion, thinly sliced

1.2kg chicken wings

Steamed white/brown rice to serve

Place vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, chillies, bay leaves, sugar, peppercorns, onion and 500ml (2 cups) water in a large bowl. Stir well to combine. Add chicken and stir to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.

Transfer chicken mixture to a large, heavy-based saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, cover loosely with foil, then simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes or until chicken is just cooked.

Using tongs, remove chicken wings and transfer to a large bowl. Simmer sauce for a further 10 minutes or until reduced by half and thickened slightly.

Return chicken to pan and stir to combine. Cook for a further 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Cool for 5 minutes.

Divide chicken adobo among bowls, spoon over sauce, then scatter with extra sliced chillies. Serve with steamed white rice

Anonymous

We are having pepper pork tonight and whipped frozen avocado with Greek yooghurt for dessert.

Ingredients

900 grams pork tenderloin – sliced into 3mm pieces

2 medium onions - cut into rings (optional)

2 tb dark soya sauce

2 tb oyster sauce

1 tsp sesame oil

4 tb oil

2 tsp cornflour

4 oz water

salt to taste

1 tsp chicken stock granules (or one chicken boullion cube)

Directions

For Marinade I:

15 pips of garlic

2 tb whole white pepper pods (add ½ tb if you want it spicier)

Marinade II

2 tb dark soya sauce

2 tb oyster sauce

1 tsp sesame oil

4 tb oil

2 tsp cornflour

4 oz water

Salt to taste

1 tsp chicken stock granules (or one chicken boullion cube)

Directions:

Place sliced pork into deep bowl. Add "marinade I" and mix, leave for 5 minutes then add in "marinade II" and mix evenly. Let it marinate at least 2 two hours before cooking.

Heat oil and add marinated meat to the pan, stir fry for 1 minute, add 3 oz water and bring to boil, add salt and chicken granules; cook until done on the tender side.

Remove the pork, and thicken the pan gravy with cornflour pre dissolved in the balance of the water. Serve, sprinkled with chopped parsely for color.

Note: If you'd like to add onion, which caramelize beautifully in this dish, add and stir fry until transparent before adding the water.

Tip: Though a little more work, the pounded (mortar and pestle) spices give off more flavour and fragrance as compared to using a blender.

Frost

How is Greek Yogurt really compared to the usual stuff in stores ?

I don't like the texture of Yogurt, but I hear Greek Yogurt is smoother, and healthier to boot.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"How is Greek Yogurt really compared to the usual stuff in stores ?

I don't like the texture of Yogurt, but I hear Greek Yogurt is smoother, and healthier to boot.

I buy pure unsweetend Greek yoghurt and use it as a healthy base for my desserts..

It is more dense and less liquid than regular yoghurt..

It makes one feel more full.

Frost

I have been wanting to try it sometime, it's a good healthy food, and I could use that :)

For a pro biotic it's one of the top foods.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"I have been wanting to try it sometime, it's a good healthy food, and I could use that :)

For a pro biotic it's one of the top foods.

We seldom eat it on it's own, but yes you should try it.

Frost

I need something, been cutting sugar, and stuff out a lot, and need a good healthy snack sometimes.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"I need something, been cutting sugar, and stuff out a lot, and need a good healthy snack sometimes.

The main thing is to limit processed foods as much as possible..

You can't eliminate it, but cut down though.

Frost

Oh I have a lot, and done well the last year or so, but still there is so much of it here.

Sugars, and salt is what I'm trying to cut back on most right now, and finding something good I can eat after supper .

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"Oh I have a lot, and done well the last year or so, but still there is so much of it here.

Sugars, and salt is what I'm trying to cut back on most right now, and finding something good I can eat after supper .

I read that the average Canadian only gets ten per cent of their daily salt intake from adding salt at the table..

We have peanuts, seeds and nuts for snacks.

Frost

I get a lot of salt in food, so I try not to use table salt, and I have Himalayan if I do.

I just had cashews :)