News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10365
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 10:38:44 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by formosan

Interesting... Canada wants my opinion on immigration.

Started by Angry White Male, July 25, 2016, 09:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

The Government of Canada is inviting every Canadian to submit their views on future immigration online through the Government of Canada website.

QuoteThe findings of these consultations will help us as we determine the way forward on immigration to Canada.

Through this process, we will be looking to the future and taking inspiration from the spirit of possibility that has defined our history.

It is an ambitious undertaking. We are, in effect, laying part of the Canadian foundation for the next 150 years.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/consultations/nationaldiscussion.asp?_ga=1.92908446.2067805354.1469494462">http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department ... 1469494462">http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/consultations/nationaldiscussion.asp?_ga=1.92908446.2067805354.1469494462

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"The Government of Canada is inviting every Canadian to submit their views on future immigration online through the Government of Canada website.

QuoteThe findings of these consultations will help us as we determine the way forward on immigration to Canada.

Through this process, we will be looking to the future and taking inspiration from the spirit of possibility that has defined our history.

It is an ambitious undertaking. We are, in effect, laying part of the Canadian foundation for the next 150 years.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/consultations/nationaldiscussion.asp?_ga=1.92908446.2067805354.1469494462">http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department ... 1469494462">http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/consultations/nationaldiscussion.asp?_ga=1.92908446.2067805354.1469494462

They do not care what we think.

JOE

They should limit immigration according to supply and demand.

Cut back in difficult economic times.

The last government to do that was the Mulroney administration back in the 80s. And it was sensible, because the country was in the midst of a severe recession. Likewise, we should only allow the numbers we can absorb. Its not fair that Syrian refugees are sucking resources away from taxpaying Canadians while they are deprived of those services which would otherwise go to them.

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"They should limit immigration according to supply and demand.

Cut back in difficult economic times.

The last government to do that was the Mulroney administration back in the 80s. And it was sensible, because the country was in the midst of a severe recession. Likewise, we should only allow the numbers we can absorb. Its not fair that Syrian refugees are sucking resources away from taxpaying Canadians while they are deprived of those services which would otherwise go to them.

Immigration and refugee settlement are two different things.

Angry White Male

That's why I posted the link.  All Canadians have until August 5 to voice their opinions to the Government of Canada, via that link.

Anonymous

Treudeau wants more family class immigrants, but the country needs more skilled immigrants.

The Donald

When I am president, America and American security will be the focus of our immigration policy.
Make America Great Again

Anonymous

Quote from: "The Donald"When I am president, America and American security will be the focus of our immigration policy.

We used to have a smart immigration policy like that with our previous government. Now it is Justine and the Liberal party first.

Anonymous

I live in a very diverse city that is peaceful..

Something was done right with immigration in Canada.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"I live in a very diverse city that is peaceful..

Something was done right with immigration in Canada.

Compared to the US or Europe, absolutely.

Rambo Wong

Quote from: "Angry White Male"The Government of Canada is inviting every Canadian to submit their views on future immigration online through the Government of Canada website.

Angry White Male is a racist, drunken, fucked in the head, fruitcake, moron, nutcase, twirlybrained crap n' drool who thinks minority immigrants are not hard workers.

JOE

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "The Donald"When I am president, America and American security will be the focus of our immigration policy.

We used to have a smart immigration policy like that with our previous government. Now it is Justine and the Liberal party first.

I didn't agree with Harper on some things, but at least on immigration I did.

Harper tried to limit the number of Syrian refugees to 20,000 (which was still 3 times more than initially agreed upon with UNHCR- 7500 the original target), but in spite of that gesture, the World Government said NO, and he was subsequently knifed in the back, villified as some dangerous reactionary. All he was trying to do, was for Canada to take control of its immigration policy like Britain is demanding with Brexit.

And why shouldn't nations have control over their immigration. If countries preach unrealistic religious doctrines of 'be fruitful & multiply' beyond their inability to sustain them, then they have what's coming to them. We as wealthy nations should provide them with the means to control their population growth. But if they don't get with the program soon, then they should face the consequences and perish. Sorry, just as animals in the Wild pay the consequences of overpopulation and starvation, the human race is no different.

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "Herman"

I didn't agree with Harper on some things, but at least on immigration I did.

Harper tried to limit the number of Syrian refugees to 20,000 (which was still 3 times more than initially agreed upon with UNHCR- 7500 the original target), but in spite of that gesture, the World Government said NO, and he was subsequently knifed in the back, villified as some dangerous reactionary. All he was trying to do, was for Canada to take control of its immigration policy like Britain is demanding with Brexit.

And why shouldn't nations have control over their immigration. If countries preach unrealistic religious doctrines of 'be fruitful & multiply' beyond their inability to sustain them, then they have what's coming to them. We as wealthy nations should provide them with the means to control their population growth. But if they don't get with the program soon, then they should face the consequences and perish. Sorry, just as animals in the Wild pay the consequences of overpopulation and starvation, the human race is no different.

It is not possible for everyone in the world to enjoy a Western or East Asian lifestyle seven billion and growing population..

The key to smaller families is education..

This is where the West should be putting their humanitarian resources to the developing world..

Educated people have fewer children.

Anonymous

Immigration and refugee settlement are two different things. With both though, the Liberal party is putting it's own interests ahead of Canada.

Let's face it, most so-called refugees are really economic migrants who cannot make it as skilled immigrants. They come through the back door which is an insult to those of us who entered truthfully as immigrants.

The shift toward family reunification instead of skilled immigrants is a mistake. Canada had one of the most successful immigration systems of any Western nation under the Tories. Trudeau has gutted for selfish political ambitions. He's buying votes not putting his nation's interests first. It's the immigration and refugee file that pisses me off about our man-boy nincompoop of a PM.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"Immigration and refugee settlement are two different things. With both though, the Liberal party is putting it's own interests ahead of Canada.

Let's face it, most so-called refugees are really economic migrants who cannot make it as skilled immigrants. They come through the back door which is an insult to those of us who entered truthfully as immigrants.

The shift toward family reunification instead of skilled immigrants is a mistake. Canada had one of the most successful immigration systems of any Western nation under the Tories. Trudeau has gutted for selfish political ambitions. He's buying votes not putting his nation's interests first. It's the immigration and refugee file that pisses me off about our man-boy nincompoop of a PM.

For a while the Tories were becoming the party of immigrants(ones that have been here longer) under the efforts of Jason Kenney. They let the Grits steal that back.